1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

2. chief

chief Member

Htown would really be idiots to not resign Goran Dragic and use KL for trade bait..Its the nature of the biz and i knw a HUGE amount of Htown fans will be pissed if Goran is not retained.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Now they're right on the treadmill with the Rockets

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

They're a Kevin Garnett signing away from the top of the West.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

They were on the treadmill with Anthony. So wouldn't that mean they got back equal value?

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

That would be a GREAT signing

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Hornets with Collison/Paul.

UH OH.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

#289 J.R., May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Leave it to the Jazz fans to be the most negative and annoying of the bunch.

And I think Spurstalk wins the 'most annoying signatures' award.

Anyway, Lowry is a great guard and should be an interesting trade piece. Who cares what other fans think of him?

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Jazz fan poster: I'd still take him. The Rocket Fans think he is worth WAY more than he is. They talk of him as though he is a superstar. If Rockets management feels the same way, he probably wont be moved.

He does have point with that one.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

God Hates Otis Smith: Welcome to perpetual 45 win seasons (commenting on this proposed trade)

"Hope I have the right thread, just wanted to post a trade idea.

Dwight to Houston for Lowry, a signed and traded Courtney Lee, and the two Rockets first round draft picks (currently 14 and 16). I believe Houston would have the cap room to absorb the difference in salary.

Based on the latest mock draft from NBADRAFT.net, the #14 pick would be Jared Sullinger, and #16 would be Terrence Ross. They have the Magic taking Terrence Jones with the #19 pick.

Ross and Jones might be redundant, so possibly substitute one of the centers (Leonard or Melo).

Is there a better deal out there?"

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Keep 1 of those picks and ship out Scola instead. And you have a deal

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I find the hawk fans to be the most intellectual. The jazz fans to be pricks. What a shocker!

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Magic Fans:

"If we're giving up Dwight for draft picks, they better be REALLY high draft picks. Like...top 3."

"Get Kupchak here and David Stern might allow us to have a more fair Duhon for Lowry trade. The league still owes us a few after Otis one sided deals. "

"I don't see how the Rockets can say no to a Ryno for Lowry swap. I mean there's literally not been a more balanced trade in NBA history.

Kevin McHale finally gets his white American big man and the Magic finally get a nice point guard to cover for declining Jameer."

Atlanta Fans:

"He's not really a playmaker. He is an upgrade but if we are building around Al, we need a playmaker who creates shots for others. I do think he would be a perfect fit with a team like the Lakers. Maybe they could trade Gasol for him and Martin.

He is a defensive minded PG who can score and rebound extremely well as well as run an offense at a solid rate. He is a good overall point guard. We need a PnR PG aka playmaking PG. It can be one of the total package like CP3 or Deron. An elite pure PG like Nash. An up and coming one like Rubio and Irving or a prospect who we will have to develop like Kendall Marshall or Scott Machado."

"You don't want Scola. He's not the same guy he was two years ago. He really regressed this season.

And if we are getting a Houston PG I want Dragic instead of Lowry. Lowry is more of a combo guard in a small body than a true point. He was fantasy gold for me when healthy because he's a stat gobbler like Josh but in terms of running an offense I'd rather have Dragic. "

"I'd rather keep Jeff, he was our most efficient scorer in the postseason before Horf came back. We need to get a big man for Josh, not a point. Today's point guards aren't passing guards anymore, they are "playmakers", they have the ability to score and make plays for others; with due time Jeff can become that. He has all the tools and has a higher ceiling than Lowry. We just need to get a good big man like Pau or Bynum for Josh and a decent SF through the draft or something. "

"No-brainer trade, if HOU would take it:

Birdbrain + ATL 2nd

for

Lowry + Scola

Lowry - Teague
    JJ - Willie
    Marvin- Draftee (or the other way around)
    Scola - IVAN
    Horford - Zaza

Then some spare part scrubs: Pargo (PG/SG), Dampier (in better shape). Radman (SF/PF)

Plus, Lowry and Scola are signed long term to reasonable contracts. "

I swear it seems like every team think they have shot at Bynum and Gasol.

Toronto fans:

"I'm not big on the fantasy trade thing, but the Rockets do have the 14th and 16th. If the Raps stay at 8, I wouldn't mind trading the 8th + something for Lowry and the 14th, and hope that somebody who slides would be available there too - Marshall, Lillard, Sullinger, T Ross, etc.

All of this is a moot point though, when we win the lottery "

A Laker fan named Clutch city: "Lakers are not going to trade Gasol just to trade him. No way Scola is worth Gasol. We turned down Martin and Scola for Gasol, no way we settle for any less than that. I'd rather keep Gasol if those are the types of deals available. Trade Bynum because he has much higher value and I trust him less than Gasol."

"Yeah I wouldn't want a player who thinks he's being "picked on" or whatever by their coach after being yelled at or criticized. It's for their own good right."

17. dje243

dje243 Member

What's interesting here is the fact that several posters believe a straight up swap of the 6th pick for lowry is under paying for him. If Sullinger was still on the board and we were able to get him WITHOUT trading a pick that would be miraculous. Talk about the opportunity to get some players in here with some upside. Maybe go with sullinger at 6, lamb/rivers at 14 and another big at 16.

My prefered line up:
    Dragic, vet pg
    Lee, Lamb
    parsons, budinger
    montie, morris
    sullinger, camby, melo/moultrie

The only thing that really could change our ability to do this would be the Pau situation. If the front office wants him badly enough we may still try and offer Lowry back in a trade to LA. But one would hope that if Lowry for Pau straight up wouldn't happen earlier in the season it wouldn't work now, due to pau's lower trade value. All in all i'd rather take the pick over pau. This team needs to focus on rebuilding and developing talent from within, pau could only contribute to that cause by providing a veteran presence for our bigs to learn from, but ultimately playing time for the youngins is probably more important.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lmao...

Nice to see how highly lowry is regarded tho...

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Toronto fans

"I worry about a guy that forces a trade cuz he hates the Coach, doesnt like the "situation" whatever it might be. Thats an individual that has clearly placed huimself in front of the team, as well as a guy that does not respect the process or team structure. It worries me.

It also perplexes me that a gang of guys that hates VC so much for forcing his own status when he was here, would want a guy doing the same thing. Trust me, on the floor, or manuipulating the situation via the meadia or no different.

Food for thought, although he is certainly a decent player."

Indiana Fans

"would be not a major coup but a hell of a deal if we could swing it"

"Hes a great point guard. I would love to see him sign with Indy. I wonder if Collison and a first would work "

"With the desperate-ness for a center in Houston I bet they ask for Roy...maybe Danny? And grab one of their younger wings... "

"I'd rather have dragic"

"Yeh, I agree with spreedom on this one. Not sure if someone who has issues with his current coach is really someone we want playing for us. If he can't just man up and compete for his minutes, then why should we need him? At least we know Deron Williams or Nash would be good enough to start. "

Oh man I'd LOVE to have Lowry.

Man you guys are hilarious. DC has said all but the same thing just a couple weeks ago. "I know I'm a stater and I know I will be a starter in this league somewhere" When guys lose their starting role to injury they take it very personally.

I fully expect DC to be moved in the off season and if we can muster a deal for Lowry I will be thrilled. Besides staying with DC as the starter next year will not bare any new fruit. DC has been here 2 years, and in that time he hasn't progressive to the level of a competent passer and floor general of the future.

I'd really take either Lowry or Dragic. They are both really talented point guards. Lowry is physical and a great defender. Good 3pt shooter. Decent passer. Dragic is new on the scene, but he showed some real presence late in the year taking over that spot. Almost single handed beat us with non-stop drives to the rim for easy layups. "

"i like lowry. he is a nice player. but little. the problems people had with DC, ie defense, are the problems they will have with lowry. given the choice between lowry @ $6M and DC @ $2M, the obvious choice is DC.

"got no problems with the pacers looking to improve at the point. but if they are getting a new PG, make it a real improvement. not just trading two guys with the same ability levels. for example, trading DC and a first for lowry is just giving away the first without really upgrading the team."

"Pacers need to look higher than this. Otherwise spend the cap space at another position. "

"He's a good pickup if we get him for free. (Which we obviously won't)
    We won't get him for a single first round pick or anything like that. Houston will be looking for a SF or a C. Who do we offer? George, Granger, Hibbert? I say none because he's not that good. I like Conley a lot more."

"I was a fan of Lowry's and would love to see him as a Pacer...for the right cost. If we're giving up someone like Granger or even Hibbert, then it has to be someone like Rondo or Deron Williams coming in. "

20. allanivan

allanivan Member