ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"
Tags:  awesome, basketball, beer, debate, defense, houston, houston rockets, it's my fault, jazz, magic, magic johnson, nba, playoffs, rafer alston, rick adelman, suns, thread necromancy, tnt, tracy mcgrady, utah, utah jazz, voice, yao ming Tags
ReD_1 is offline Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #161
ReD_1
Rookie
ReD_1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2007
Member: #24902
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaz w
Ok.... you think TMAC is the only old player in the NBA? If you think he is old and diminishing... let me open your eyes.... Tmac is 28 right now, turning 29 next month

Kevin Garnett : 31 (turning 32 next month)
Steve Nash : 34
Nowitzki : 29
Iverson: 33
Duncan: 32
Kobe : already 29 (older than tmac, but since it is same yr... you can call them the saem age)

You tell me from the names i mentioned above, that any one of these players are diminishing because of their age??

KG has more heart than ever!!! even when he was in Minnesota, HE gave it his best....
Duncan.... steps up everytime!!
Nowitzki..... without him dallas is crap (even though he does not step up at all when time comes, I would sometimes compare him to TMAC, cuz he does not show up in the 4th, when the game is down the line)
Iverson: this guy is old and you know without a doubt, he will play his heart out every night. Yes, I believe at this point, he has more heart then Tmac.
Steve Nash: I dont need to say more... if you want an explanation, then you dont understand his value
Kobe: same age as TMAC.... you think he is fading???

prime yrs are around 27-31.... now dont argue that tmac joined the nba early and that his prime yrs are gone!!!

because once again you can look at Kobe and others, they are performing night in and night out.

TMAC has just given up.......... and thats the sad part.... if he never had it, I would not mind what he does, because we all would know he is not capable of it. But what hurts is that we know he is capable of more than what he brings to the court...... look at him in the first 3 quarters of game 2.... what he just starting driving to the basket out of nowhere? or did the Jazz just give him the lane to drive in the 2nd game versus the 1st? You tell me....

Its all a mind game..... if you didnt notice, when tmac kicked butt in that 3rd quarter last game..... ALL of his teammates stepped up, because they all fed off his explosive personality. so its not just about 9 assists or getting closer to a triple double... in the playoffs, its a lot more about your attitude!! there are some invisible things that can motivate your team... but as a star of the team, you need to find that and bring it to the court (that is your homework)
Let me tell you something, you don't know basketball, don't watch games obviously and you're spamming and boring with nonsense posts.
This playoffs series aren't on T-MAC PEOPLE, NEVER BEEN, THEY'RE ON HOUSTON ROCKETS, THESE ARE HOUSTON ROCKETS NOT MINGOS MCGRADYOS.

Sponsored Link
ShadyMcGrady is offline Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #162
ShadyMcGrady
Contributing Member
ShadyMcGrady is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16418
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaz w
blah
Dude you've got it twisted. T-Mac's teammates stepped up a little and that's why we played so well. What reason would T-Mac have to quit and then the team drop off because of it? That's just stupid.

We were in the game to the very end. The notion that T-Mac quit and then his teammates did too is ridiculous. Sorry. Why would he try so hard and play a great 3 quarters and give up when we are still in the game? That doesn't make sense.

ssp0929 was wrong to argue about T-Mac's health compared to other superstars and that as a factor of his play. He is definitely not an ironman like Kobe or Iverson. But to say he quit when there's no real reason is wrong as well.

Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming are top 15 NBA players. Why? They made the All-NBA Third Team.

It has yet to be seen if the "Adelman Offense" works or not. Last season doesn't count.

Easy is offline Old 04-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #163
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
I think T-Mac just needs to hire Shane Battier as his PR consultant.

IROC it is offline Old 04-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #164
IROC it
Contributing Member
IROC it is Omer Asik -- working the boardsIROC it is Omer Asik -- working the boardsIROC it is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy
I think T-Mac just needs to hire Shane Battier as his PR consultant.
I agree

shaaz w is offline Old 04-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #165
shaaz w
shaaz w is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyMcGrady
Dude you've got it twisted. T-Mac's teammates stepped up a little and that's why we played so well. What reason would T-Mac have to quit and then the team drop off because of it? That's just stupid.

We were in the game to the very end. The notion that T-Mac quit and then his teammates did too is ridiculous. Sorry. Why would he try so hard and play a great 3 quarters and give up when we are still in the game? That doesn't make sense.

ssp0929 was wrong to argue about T-Mac's health compared to other superstars and that as a factor of his play. He is definitely not an ironman like Kobe or Iverson. But to say he quit when there's no real reason is wrong as well.

It is not about him quitting..... It is about him stepping up! and there is a difference.

You quit when you have been performing better to begin with.

I know where you are coming from and I understand. But let me ask you one question...... Do you honestly think Tmac gave his best effort and that there was no way he could have done more?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Tmac hater. I don't post much, but I am on clutchfans reading like its my religion.
I have backed up Tmac many many times, in front of many ppl.

For some reason, I believe that Tmac is better than what he shows. I am not going to be one of those fans that will just settle for what we have. I know he has more..... it annoys me that he does not want to bring it to the court.

we all know, and I am sure he knows, that he is freakin unstoppable when he wants to be.

Tmac driving to the Rim in the 3rd quarter ladt game and dunking has nothing to do with his teammates getting better, it has all to do with him making them better.

you tell me, you dont think that tmac is scared of driving in, especially because of utah and their physical defense?
Dude, its been so bad with him not driving in, that he doesnt even get the respect anymore from the refs. So the few times he does drive, he will get fouled and the refs dont call it.
I hate how refs call fouls for Wade..... if the wind moves his jersey, they blame it on the defender... do you think Wade pays the refs off? Once again, its a mind game... especially in the playoffs

whoever brings more attitude to the court, more passion, gets the respect.

this is what I do expect a star to do..... if the others are knocking you around like a bunch of punching bags..... you as a star, tell your team to do the same.. you go out there and push them back!!

i liked it how tmac used harprings physical defense as his motivation... THATS GREATTT, but ...... dont lose it in the middle... keep on coming with it and rub it off to your teammates!!

dont let someone else come to your House and push you around.... THIS is your HOME.... you should think like that and never back down. if they foul you hard.... get up fast instead of looking hurt on the floor... walk up to them, get in their face. It doesnt matter if you get a foul or a technical
you have 6 fouls and 2 techs. Use them wisely, but use them.

I bet you anything, if tmac does that.... his team will too. and when they do, i can guarantee you ppl like boozer and williams and scrubs like price would think twice before messing with you or taking it in.

dont let them get into your head, get in their head. especially when you are at home man!!

I dont care if tmac takes 40 shots.... seriously 40 shots and we lose!! but if he is showing the aggressiveness, then thats all a fan can ask

he can be a facilitator, but when the game in on the line... do NOT expect scola, jackson, brooks, landry, battier to take over

I will say it again..... I have no complaints on Tmac for what he did in the first 3 quarters of the last game. its the 4th where he washed it all away.
1 point combined for both 4th quarters is ridiculous!!
any team with a 20 point deficit can have a chance to come back and win if your star does that.

If you noticed, we lack offense right now... bad!! If you had to have someone shoot 30+ shots, who would you pick?
because your team is not going to have a balanced shooting night with rookies and veterans on the team. you know battier will never take 30+ shots...

I just wish Tmac gets that animal instinct back. I dont care if we lose.... i want to lose trying our best. And frankly we havent given our best yet.

Hope we win tonight!!

blunto is offline Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #166
blunto
blunto is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43883
Quote:
Originally Posted by codell View Post
"It's my fault," McGrady said. "It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ
I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James will say days later when asked why he's a lightning rod. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'
LeBRON IS IN PURGATORY

Don FakeFan is offline Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #167
Don FakeFan
Don FakeFan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47045
now that explained everything about LeBron.

DaDakota is offline Old 04-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #168
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Both entitled Mama's boys.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #169
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
I wish he had draft Heinekens in Toyota Center.

2014's new version of I'm not a racist:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh7 View Post
Please don't label me racist for pointing these facts out, for it's not a racial issue. Even my successful african-american friends...

houstunnin is offline Old 04-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #170
houstunnin
houstunnin is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50548
WHY? he did alot for this CITY...ungrateful fans just like ORLANDO..he did alot more for that city espcially and got tired of there and he wanted to stay here but injuries got to him..that dude was crazy good look at his old stats..double-double easily assists and 30-40 points...man I miss T-mac/Yao. Could had Rudy gay with that to..woulda been sick..oh well..Gotta move on now tho.

thadeus is offline Old 04-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #171
thadeus
Contributing Member
thadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemthadeus is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #13962
2008? You know it's 2012, right?

dachuda86 is offline Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #172
dachuda86
dachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2008
Member: #31678
It rained this morning... T-mac!!!!

Dei is offline Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #173
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
LeBron clearly isn't as imaginative as Tracy. Cartoons, grocery and milk? What?

Heineken. Budweiser. That's classic.

SunsRocketsfan is offline Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #174
SunsRocketsfan
SunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #5387
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunto View Post
It's Blunto's FAULT for reviving an old thread for no particular reason at all.

Jontro is offline Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #175
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
I wanted to see a Dragon and Parsons thread and instead got a MerGady thread. It's blunto's fault.

napalm_black is offline Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #176
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemnapalm_black is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
This thread is Tracy McGrady's fault. However I'm not so sure it's his fault that it's back.

Easy is offline Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #177
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Member: #6116
This thread is so 2008.

bbllr3431 is offline Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #178
bbllr3431
bbllr3431 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
This thread is so 2008.
Saying something is so 200-and whatever, is so 2009

blunto is offline Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #179
blunto
blunto is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43883
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsRocketsfan View Post
It's Blunto's FAULT for reviving an old thread for no particular reason at all.
"It's my fault," blunto said. "It's my fault the GARM is cluttered with random trade threads. It's my fault people keep posting links to streams in the game threads. Blame me. It's my fault DD got banned. That's my fault. It's my fault the board crashes at the trade deadline and on draft night. It's my fault Daryl Morey cut Jeremy Lin. It's my fault that people started saying 'Sura faints'. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

Told the 'Sura faints' reference might have revealed his straight-faced sarcasm, blunto rolled on.

"I am serious," he said. "It's my fault. Everything is my fault. It's my fault. It's blunto's fault.

"Everybody's blaming me. SunsRocketsFan. I mean, everybody. That's what it seems like. It's my fault. I'm out there by myself."

"It's a tough situation to be in. Story of my season or my posting career."

"That's another one of my faults, that Kyle got hurt and Kevin got hurt," blunto said. "It's my fault. I'm sorry."

"Even some of the guys can't even believe it. I was talking to one of the guys and he was like, "I would hate to be you. I really can't believe what some of the people say about you, especially after reviving that old thread the other night.' They can't believe it."