1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Is it really relevant who he's aiming a rant at? The fact that he's doing that instead of focusing on winning and saying something relevant to how focused he is.. and that he gets sidetracked by "my thread".... doesn't say anything to you?

2. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

First sentence explains it all...If I made 20 million dollars I wouldnt give a damn about what yall say about me...Everyone could kiss my azz...I would play hard, leave the game, get in my Bentley coupe, drive to my mansion and sleep on my king size bed in the middle of my 1100 count sheets and repeat the process

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Maybe we should stop making TMAC threads.. and start making MOREY SUCKS Threads... since it seems our teams just suck.

4. bbjai

bbjai Member

HOLD ON A SECOND

Has it EVER occurred to any of you guys hating on him that his responding to a question that we have NO IDEA WAS ASKED. For all we know it could be asking him about the first line of the AP article. Seriously, take things out of context, destroy it, flip it and skewer it.

His responding to a question asked to him. His not coming straight out going
    Hey guys its my fault the bus fell over the other day over someone. The guy is human his allowed to respond in anger.

FFS

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nothing is taken out of context. Its not like one sentence was quoted. He gave a little speech.

If he's angry, then instead of venting to the media, he should take his anger, bottle it up inside, and let it out in the 4th quarter.

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

You would because you don't live that life. You're not used to that lifestyle. The novelty will grow old real fast. You can't throw $20 million at someone who's used to that kind of money and fame and all that and hold them to the same standard. T-Mac is used to the money. It's not a bad thing, it's great for him, but that's just how it is. T-Mac is still human, a large contract when you're used to it is not that special. It won't stop T-Mac from lashing out against critics if he wants to, even though this was done in sarcasm.

Kobe, for example, makes a lot of money as well. By the same logic, why should Kobe get to demand for a trade from a team that's paying him so much? Who cares if he was losing? He's already won his championships. Why can't he just play hard, leave the game, go to his mansion via the Aston Martin that he jumped over, or the multiple other cars like it he probably has or can afford? Why did he only take 3 shots in that series vs. the Suns in game 7? To prove a point? Yeah but he quit on his team, something that someone on this team is being accused of.

A Ferrari or a mansion or even millions of dollars isn't going to stop guys like T-Mac and Kobe and multiple other NBA players from doing human things when there's no threat of it being taken away. Kobe didn't like his workplace and he wanted a new one. He makes soooo much money he should just man up. If my job payed me $20 million HELL YEAH I would do pretty much anything and stay for as long as I can, but we're not in the same boat, NBA superstars and I. T-Mac doesn't like being blamed when he's trying (or he thinks he's trying) and he wanted to let the critics know. Different, yes. But the premise is the same.

Why do lots (not all, of course) of NBA players smoke weed and go to night clubs and get into fights and do all this stuff? Why the hell did Michael Vick get into dog fighting? Wasn't he rich enough to find something else to do? etc. etc. etc. Because they are human, the money doesn't really change anything if you are used to it unless there's a threat it will be taken away.

Sorry for going astray from a basketball stand point but I had to get that in.

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

awesome mate
    Im pretty sure his allowed to vent. His $20 million dollar contract doesn't allow him to vent now does he? Do you know who asked him a question? Do you even know what question was asked?

What happens if they said to Tracy Mcgrady
    hey T-mac is it true its all your fault the Rockets lost game 2?
    or
    Hey Tracy Mcgrady do you really think its your fault that Scola fouled the guy at the end?
    Hey T-mac why do you think the Rockets lost? Is it really your fault?

The man is reacting to a question. Give the guy a break. What is this? Iraq or something?

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

And why not the first three? Because there wouldn't be a need for 4th quarter performance without a solid first 3...could he have played better in the 4th quarters? Sure!

But it's easy to go: oh t-mac played well in 3 quarters, now he needs to have a great 4th quarter too otherwise it's pointless.

Someone in another thread said that T-Mac doesn't do two things that superstars do: Hit free throws and make contested jumpshots over defenders.

LOL.

Those happen to be the two things T-Mac struggles with. So to be a superstar, you have to have a strong 4th quarter after a ridiculous first 3 (fair enough argument) and then you have to make free throws and make contested jumpers?

T-Mac's (he's not the only one, most superstars are like this) always going to need something he didn't do, or something that didn't happen. Sounds kind of obvious but think about that. He will always get critiscized no matter how he plays. Yao would too if he was in T-Mac's position. Even if they get out of the first round, it will be why didn't they get out of the second? Or why not the third? Why didn't they win a ring? Until they do, it will always be there. People will refuse to call T-Mac a superstar yet they will critique him like one just because he gets paid like one? Not good reasoning, but if you need something to go on...

Until T-Mac has a perfect game, he'll always be lacking something to be a superstar or a star or a good player, and even when he does there will be something wrong with his game. No one looks at what he's accomplished (in terms of the game), only what he hasn't.

#88 ShadyMcGrady, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  9. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I get so disgusted with watching our ongoing playoff futility, I tend to automatically put the blame on him since he's "The Man". But you sold me. Assuming we were healthy and assuming we still even then could not compete with the likes of the Jazz, who really is to blame then? Is it Morey? Is it CD for those albatross contracts he threw at Cato, Moochie, etc etc.? Can the cause of our current predicament still be traced to CD's blunders? Is it Les? Why can we not surround Yao and T-Mac with legitimate threats? Rudy Gay-Battier? :mad: I need someone to blame. It somehow makes me feel better about my pitiful pathetic little sportsfan life. :)

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

T-Mac is the real one who shot Abe Lincoln. He also did the Martin Luther King Jr. shooting. Too bad he hasn't been as much of a sharp shooter this season. :p

11. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Very nice response ShadyMac.

To all the haters. Really, go buy your own team, get your own players.

Until then, the rest of us will keep believing. Maybe not this year because of the injuries, then next year when both are stars are hopefully healthy come playoff time. And if not with this group of people, then with whoever Morey decides to go with.

12. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

Great blog by Steve Campbell:

http://blogs.chron.com/stevecampbell/2008/04/tracy_mcgrady_keeps_ruining_ev_1.html

13. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

he bombed pearl harbor too! back then he REALLY knew how to shoot.... tmac is the reason why our economy is bad, our food and gas prices are rising, and of course, T-Mac is the reason we couldnt get out of the first round since 98 :rolleyes:

14. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

uuuuuhhhh. oh my god the reporters probably asked something about it etc. Anyway bottom line is he can't do it by himself, but he'll try his hardest/best.

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Oh, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Cry me a river T-Mac. Quit chucking 3's and take it to the cup.

Take a line from Barkley and just shut up and play.

16. battousai

battousai Member

I don't like that tone and attitude by Tmac. At this point he should be working on his teammates and get them motivated for game 3. he's not a captain of the team if he "blames" his teammates.

Losing first two games is no big deal. he should go find a soluation, which is to his teammates and get them to play team ball again. we were playing like we were before the winning streak and games where we losing to philly.

Tmac needs to go rev up Landry find out what his problem. Tmac needs to be in Head face and get him up from his shooting slump.

17. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Tmac again with his me.. on me.. myself attitude again.

The fans of Houston are not really that hard to please. These fans have supported losing teams under Hakeem, frustrations with the Astros, and just plain futility with the Texans.

All the fans in Houston look for in their team is to FIGHT! I remember being there when the Rockets lost to a clearly superior Boston team with the twin towers. They lost but they fought! Lots of people can't forget the '86 2nd round loss to Seattle in double overtime when Hakeem scored 52 points. They lost but you saw Hakeem fighting till the bitter end!

We don't care if the Rockets lose TMac! We just want to see you put up a fighting chance!

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sounds to me like Tmac ordered another tall glass of Whineken.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah except that he complains about Tmac's teamates yet fails to look at TMac's stats as well.

I mean his blistering 37% FG shooting is great, or maybe his .111 3pt %, Heck, he b****es about Scola, and Luis is outshooting him.

The whole team could play better, and that INCLUDES Tmac.

Give me a break.

DD

20. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

this team is what it is. Not that good.

People are looking for some kind of mythical Jordanesque performance from T-mac.

negative. Tmac is just not what we want him to be or we thought he COULD be.

Next year..........................