1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ibm

ibm Member

thanks for all the sarcastic comments. sure, i'm no leader material either and i only make a fraction of 19 million dollars (for a half year). if that makes you feel better, i'm glad i can be of any help. :cool: but how you got the idea i was quitting the team in that post of mine is a myth.

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

its not like he said we dont want to play Utah like Dirk did

He said
    "If Magic Johnson liked my game," McGrady said, "then damn what everyone else says."

Im inclined to think he could care less what these women on the boards say about him being the sole reason the Rockets lost.

Its ignorant to continue down that path.

3. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

LOL at the idea of DwangBoy literally "jumping out" of somewhere to say something.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I didn't talk about Tmac!

I am not quiter, and haven't quit on him.

I talked to those people who have given up Tmac and the rockets. They claim Tmac is mentally soft, but, actually, themselves are very weak. There are still two games left, and they gave up already.

5. ibm

ibm Member

again, where the heck did you get that?

6. marciagong

marciagong Member

Right on. Some of them are so weak that they even quit after Yao went down.

7. ibm

ibm Member

lol. i'm not an nba player, so i can't comment on players and their play? you're not the president (plug in any third person), how dare you comment on him?

is that sound logic?

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

We didn't get served Budweiser by Tmac.. we got served nickel beer by the refs.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

moestavern19 is on a roll.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I saw this on SC today...didn't come off like funny, haha, but just wtf?

He has to laugh and shake it off as if it gets in his head, we're done...I still think we can come back and win the series...we won 22 in a row for f sake...

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

T-Mac's fault some of these guys are not here to help...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPh4iTFyM2I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KPh4iTFyM2I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

^

lol. That's a sad video. T-Mac used to dunk and do all those crazy layups and stuff. Damnnnnn.

Mike James? Sucked. Traded. Bonzi? Traded. Steve Francis? Injured. Yao Ming? Injured. Scola? Trying. Not enough. Brooks? Trying. Not enough. Dikembe? He's trying. Just not enough. Jackson? Not enough. Rafer? Injured.

Tracy McGrady? Trying. Not enough.

13. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Wow!!! This is Exactly what I was thinking. Great job man!!!!

When others saw this as sympathy for tmac, I am looking at it as him whining.
    TMAC = NO Superstar

I have one word for TMAC................. Trophy Wife!!! that is who he is
    He looks good on the floor and gets you the numbers and gets the attention, but he is nothing when it comes time to deliver.

And btw.. it is a 48 min game, not 36. I have no complaints whatsoever for tmac in the first 3 quarters of the last game. But you cannot sit there and say I got tired. Because you get paid 20 million..... and because we have seen you play with double teams throughout your career and this year as well while having the energy for the 4th quarter.

Yes, he could have done more in the 4th.... a lot more!!!
    You see when the game is that close (within 3 points)... it does not matter if you contributed to make it that close... but when you see the clock and you know the game will end in 3-4 minutes.... its mental, your body gives that extra effort if YOU want it to!!

I have been playing ball for 13 yrs now. I have played in numerous tournaments and leagues and school teams. And if I know that I can do that and reguar ppl who can do that just for PRIDE.... then TMAC better do that if he is getting paid 20 mill +

And dont say NBA is different... more pressure, blah blah blah
    because that 20 mill takes care of all that stuff, and the RIM is the same 10 feet, the court is the same hardwood...

Its very low of him to throw his teammates under the BUS. If I were his teammate, I would definitely confront him.. he aint no god and no one should be scared of him like he is of Harpring and the jazz team.

All in all.... very good post man!!

14. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

I agree with this fully. I mean you r****ds blame the superstars for everything? And why blame our team in the first place? WHO FLOPPED? AK-47. DAMN HIM AND THE REFS.

T-Mac nearly got a triple-double and that's good enough for me. He did his job.

15. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Tw years ago I realize I was a real fan when tmac & yao was hurt and I was still watching the games thinking we had a chance....Its funny luther head, rafer alston, mutumbo, and juwan howard and keith bogans can start on the same team and a person still would watch....Oh those days were terrible

16. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Oh, and I'm guessing you have god-like stamina right? T-Mac isn't 18 anymore. He's 27 or 29 or w/e. In the NBA that's pretty old, and he's slowly losing his talents at this point.

You can't blame someone for being old.

17. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Ok.... you think TMAC is the only old player in the NBA? If you think he is old and diminishing... let me open your eyes.... Tmac is 28 right now, turning 29 next month

Kevin Garnett : 31 (turning 32 next month)
    Steve Nash : 34
    Nowitzki : 29
    Iverson: 33
    Duncan: 32
    Kobe : already 29 (older than tmac, but since it is same yr... you can call them the saem age)

You tell me from the names i mentioned above, that any one of these players are diminishing because of their age??

KG has more heart than ever!!! even when he was in Minnesota, HE gave it his best....
    Duncan.... steps up everytime!!
    Nowitzki..... without him dallas is crap (even though he does not step up at all when time comes, I would sometimes compare him to TMAC, cuz he does not show up in the 4th, when the game is down the line)
    Iverson: this guy is old and you know without a doubt, he will play his heart out every night. Yes, I believe at this point, he has more heart then Tmac.
    Steve Nash: I dont need to say more... if you want an explanation, then you dont understand his value
    Kobe: same age as TMAC.... you think he is fading???

prime yrs are around 27-31.... now dont argue that tmac joined the nba early and that his prime yrs are gone!!!

because once again you can look at Kobe and others, they are performing night in and night out.

TMAC has just given up.......... and thats the sad part.... if he never had it, I would not mind what he does, because we all would know he is not capable of it. But what hurts is that we know he is capable of more than what he brings to the court...... look at him in the first 3 quarters of game 2.... what he just starting driving to the basket out of nowhere? or did the Jazz just give him the lane to drive in the 2nd game versus the 1st? You tell me....

Its all a mind game..... if you didnt notice, when tmac kicked butt in that 3rd quarter last game..... ALL of his teammates stepped up, because they all fed off his explosive personality. so its not just about 9 assists or getting closer to a triple double... in the playoffs, its a lot more about your attitude!! there are some invisible things that can motivate your team... but as a star of the team, you need to find that and bring it to the court (that is your homework)

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This video makes me happy
    I know we gonna kick *ss tonite
    and
    Next year!!

Rocket River

19. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I love the criticism, in fact I'd love to see more because it gets McGrady more motivated and desired, so It would made me.

People talk nonsense and always will, who cares, whatever happens you can't BLAME A GUY WHO CARRIED THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS.

Oh wuz it the team? Well without McGrady there's not team.

20. fayesun

fayesun Member

a pissed off T-Mac tonight