1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Or another line Barkley said following that 2nd game, "he was a stud (or something like that."

The team (not just him) fought. He played. He didn't chuck up 3s. He put one up towards the end b/c it was getting to the point that we needed a 3 time sometime. It's just a losing battle that's all. It'll be nothing short of amazing if they pull out an upset for the series. It'll still be amazing if they can win a couple games. It was already amazing they made the playoffs and went on The Streak with this exact roster and it's injuries.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Even though they are outmatched, if they hit their wide open shots they could have won both games in Houston.

The 3 TMac missed in the 4th was wide open off a rebound in the corner, he just missed it.

The whole team is missing shots they normally make, even uncontested ones....it is strange...maybe they are trying to hard, and are just choking.....

DD

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

DaDakota, I want you to look deep inside and ask yourself, are you looking forward to another "It's Time" ad campaign, more hype from Les, and the same predictable results after the end of the regular season? Do you want to give the TMac/Yao duo one more chance? Or is it TIME to go a different direction, pursue a fresh new course. As for me, I am sick of the same scenario played out over and over, ad infinitum, forever. It isn't getting old, it is old. Real old. I say the TMac show needs to move on. I think it would be good for him and good for the Rockets (if they make a smart deal).

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ironic T-Mac is using a beer analogy since he also disappears in the 4th quarter.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Solid,

The problem is that I believe if Yao and Tmac were both healthy this team would have finished first in the WC and be a favorite to get to the championship round.

I would explore trading Tmac, but to get equal value would be difficult, therefore I am resigned to keeping them together and continuing to build the roster around them....

This year's role players are WAY better than last years...if we make a comparible leap next year, we will be right there.

I think Tmac's days as a number 1 option are LONG GONE...but he can still be a solid 2nd option...so for me, bring back our 7foot6 number 1 option, get a solid 3rd scoring option and PG and lace em up again.

DD

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Seems like a popular drink around here...

7. Shunwei

Shunwei Member

Great post, man, couldn't have said it better myself. It is clear, at least to me, that T-Mac was trying to insinuate that his teammates suck, so that's why he is being accounted for everything. Well, guess what? Being paid $23 million dollars a year, or nearly $300,000 a game, or nearly 1k per minute he steps onto the court, means that you are the man of the franchise and your team, fans, and city will, rightly or wrongly, hold you accountable for what happens to the team. It comes with the territory. So grow up, become a man, and accept your responsibilities.

My biggest beef with McGrady is his obvious lack of mental toughness and conditioning. I mean, am I the only one who thinks that his body looks rather flabby? Compared to guys like Kobe and LeBron, McGrady looks like he hangs out in fast-food chains all the time or just sits on the couch. Conditioning is an important part for a player, because it gives him endurance and helps him to keep off injuries.

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

no arguments here... you're absolutely right

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It isn't T-Mac's fault we have lost and are likely to be out in a few days, but that doesn't mean he isn't contributing to the problem.

The main culprit is that this team still doesn't have enough talent. People need to remember that this is year 1 under Morey without CD, so there is hope that we will continue to get better. The only problem is we are going to have to really nail a draft pick to get a dynamite player, because we can't get one in Free Agency. We have no dynamic offensive players on this team outside of T-Mac, and his abilities are waining.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Of course I respect your opinion, and enjoy your posts, but I am definitely in the "move on" camp. TMac is sucking up too much money to predominately suck. A few superstar appearances are nice, but the Rockets could do better. I like the Chicago deals, if there is any substance to them, and BDavis might be a nice change. If the Rockets are smart they might could get two or three solid players in a TMac deal.

11. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

this guy is perhaps the mentally weakest person to ever play professional sports

this is not how winners talk

12. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Well I've thought deep inside my feeble mind and I asked myself this question-

If Yao and TMac age 3 more seasons and we don't win a championship and we are drafting around #25 each year and we don't get another young superstar to build around and they are more injured and this is as much likely as any other scenario- where will the Rocket franchise be in 3 yrs? (Probably won't play out that way right? Or probably will, I don't know!)

The Rockets just may end up trying to rebuild in three seasons with aged and used up stars to dump.

I do not like our chances of getting that third scorer, a good PG and more shooters in time to overtake the Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, Hornets, and Celtics.

Passing all five of those teams (not to mention possibly Dallas and Phoenix) and winning it all seems like a tall order for a team built around 2 injury prone stars with very little else.

We are just good enough to win 50 make the playoffs and get beat along the path to glory. (Hey, I am glad and thankful for that, but at some point I was thinking we are going to win another championship with Yao and Tracy, but what if we don't- where will we be?)

There is no Hakeem on this team. There is no Hakeem on this team. please repeat that a few times.

Yao is good, Tracy is good, but they are not Hakeem and there is a big difference. You could really ride Hakeem, surround him with a third scoring option and some shooters and I will take my chances. (Please don't tell me we can really ride Yao unless you promise to go back and watch at least 30 of Dream's games and watch 30 of Yao's games to date in comparison)

I can go one more season, but I can also back the Rockets if they traded both guys if it meant high draft picks that grabbed sure fire star potential.

Not Rudy Gay types... I mean the Derrick Rose type and who ever will be the next big star in 2009-10. (What if we trade Yao or Tracy and get a bust in the draft?- No need to respond to that, it's the same as what if we don't win a championship with the 2 of them and they get old)

If I could get 3-4 high #1 picks I would risk it all.

Not because I do not like Yao and Tracy I love them both. I do want us to tweak and win or splash and win or get a third scoring option (Miller?)

But reality and truth doesn't bend for any of us- our window is shortening.

I wouldn't feel this way at all if both Yao and Tracy had a track record of durability. That for me is the biggest issue. How much time have they missed due to injuries since they were Rockets? That is why I think we have the higher odds of having to rebuild around different stars- injuries.

It could happen to anyone, but it is happening to ours.

When we rebuild we will rebuild. I am not confident we can do it on the fly with TMac and Yao both commanding $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I still believe this team will rebuild before we win another championship.

Respectfully, the pessimist of the BBS. :D

13. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

It really is getting out of hand. I think Tmac is as soft as the next guy, but when I turn on Matt Jackson or the Calvin Murphy show, all it is is Tmac Tmac Tmac. People calling in saying the same stuff over and over.

Lets just hope he plays well tonight because I'm sick of hearing it.

14. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

We could go two ways with this. I support T-Mac to the core but......

It seems that he could be a David West pimp slap short of entering Dirk territory with that comment or....

He could go balls out in the next game as Crazy McGrady, giving the Jazz the most memorable performance in that state since Jordan's "flu" game.

Bottom line it sounds like a defeated comment. Bullf***ings***!!! :mad: :mad: The series is far from over. There are still games left to be played. Never let the enemy see/hear you defeated. If you gonna go down, go down swinging. He needs to watch some Naruto for some inspiration.

15. jshabang

jshabang Member

Big Dog......your point is duely noted and u are right man..........we are not gettin out of the first round and i am ok with that.....

we are not saying mac should win this series or pull a miracle out of his butt with this current under mannned roster........WE GET THAT

all we are saying is t mac...
    A: leave it all on the floor
    B: Dont throw your guys under the bus to the media...lay into them behind closed doors.........what is saying it to the media gonna do for u anyway.......why say something to a media outlet that u cant get in their grill and say yourself????????

whats the point!!!!??????

They could do the same to him.....but that wouldnt neccesarily make the situation better

so in closing ....we know he has a scrub squad to work with man.......and i for one am proud of these guys and the season they had with all the adversity........it was great

I dont expect them to win this series...let me make that clear......but even if we lose i can do without my superstar player crying and whining about it.......and blaming everybody in sight but himself.......

believe me...tmac himself went on a little slump himself until late himself
    ........he was shooting and playing as bad as these guys were playing about a week and a half ago.........so how can he now destroy everyone else on the team when he just had a good game for the first time in about 2 weeks?????????

and u can take this one to the bank as well.........I for one will never ever ever ever as long as I am black........say or compare this guy to kobe again in my life.......

what i saw last night from kobe puts him lightyears ahead of tmac and only one other player in history has played with that type of intensity, tenacity and skill(MJ)

jr smith talked trash to kobe and it just put him in another gear.........

In the 4th quarter i may add....with the fakers up by about 20!!!!!!!!!

phil had to pull kobe because he was gonna put 60 on the poor kid before it was said and done.....kobe was a absolute monster very scary

wish our star had 10% of what kobe has.....and the sad part is tracy's all around skill level is probably better than his......

16. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I am sure the Beer companies are really happy about TMac mentioning them.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

are you kidding me? I like tmac but come on...

I think that's part of the problem. For some reason everyone thinks that tmac is the most talented/gifted/skilled player in the game but he's just not.

Of course you're going to be disapointed in him if you think that way.

18. Seth

Seth Member

Considering that we have to play 2 thought games in Utah this are not the best speech T-Mac could have give the press. This only encourages Utah to keep playing him harder and discourage his teammates.

My only hope is for his teammates to prove him wrong.

19. duteman

duteman Member

I agree with you but don't yo umean our 1st and 3rd scoring option? so that's more to Tmacs defense the guy played balls out last game and he's still getting hated on if he's tired he's tired but he gave an all out effort to just keep us in the game free throws kicked our butts

20. PigMiller

PigMiller Member