1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lin: I felt alright, the second half a little bit better than the first. I can’t complain in terms of how my body felt in my first game back</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/415334678288011264">December 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I think 20 points on 10 shots 60% shooting is worth 8 million.

Not to say he had a great game but I'm sick of people parroting how not worth his "HUGE" contract Lin is.

Rodney Stuckey makes 8.5 million.
    George Hill makes 8 million.
    Jameer Nelson makes 8.6 million.

Would you take either of these 3 over Lin? I'm sure some would but only because they're wearing hater goggles.

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

It's crazy that scoring 20 points on 5/9 shooting could justify Lin bashing. Amazing. Simply amazing.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...let's not go there. If you are talking about money per D, Harden has everyone beat on this team.:grin:

5. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

actually pretty well said. However I do have to disagree with you about Beverly, His play making ability, getting to the stripe, penetrating, are really non-existent and maybe never a strength Bev ever possessed. Lin does those attributes which is far more dangerous to an opposing team than what BEV does.

Tonight Lin didn't have his game. he wasn't completely in the zone and it showed. But the loss wasn't Soley on his shoulder. This was a team loss and the Rockets need LOTS of work

6. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

On clutchfans? Where?

7. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Lin made a dunk = bench

Lin missed a pass = bench

Roxx needs to considering develop this guy or just let him go.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I'm telling you and all clutchfans, just trade him already.

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Morey, is that you??

Or...you're Les??? :eek:

10. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin (20pts) said he felt like every pass he threw tonight was deflected. His post-game interview: <a href="http://t.co/KBmzcExyaC">http://t.co/KBmzcExyaC</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/415335443995955200">December 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. TheresTheDagger

I don't know how you guys can even discuss this game or who's at fault right now. I'm just too bummed out to try.

Laying a complete egg at home....2 days before Christmas....to Dallas.

:(

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not saying Beverly is BETTER than Lin, I am saying he is a better fit with Harden as a starter.

Lin is a vastly better player - but he just makes so many bone headed mistakes that a guy in his 4th year should not be making.

I mean jumping in the air with nowhere to go is a JR high mistake.

DD

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I really think Sampson is a horrible defensive coach, no excuse for the horrible switch defense tonight!

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

The right option - Lin's playing style is not good for this Rockets team.
    Rockets just need a slightly upgraded Beverly at PG and they will be fine.

15. Exel

Exel Member

I agree. But there are some fans who pointed that out as Lin screwing up when he did the right thing. But he did mess up when he stayed with Crowder on the wing when Ellis had the ball in the corner. Luckily, Ellis missed the shot. But Lin should have rotated over and let some one else rotate to Crowder.

16. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

he's talking to a wall or ghost. No one is making excuses for Lin tonight. However the loss wasn't only on Lin. The team collectively did not gel or were ready for what the Mavericks threw at them. It was evident in the 3rd Quarter. And Lin was rusty and not completely in the game mentally I have to admit.

17. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

If im Morey, i would be eager to trade him for legit PF.

If im Les, i would consider trading all the players apart from Lin for making my pocket full of pleasure.

18. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It's strange. People want Lin to come off the bench, want him traded, doesn't think he "fits" with the team, won't call him a star... but still expect him to play like one, and complain about anything less than perfection.

19. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

It's because he did not do well in defense. People are calling out Harden on his defense, even if Harden scores 35 on a loss, because he plays matador defense, people call him out.

Now, Lin/Dwight/Harden - they are players most people focus and scrutinised on. Don't feel bad if Bev/Parson get some slack, both are not placed on a pedestal as those 3. Yeah, people may say Lin does not belong to Dwight/Harden conversation - but admit it guys, people are taking it as it seems. Solid Games on both ends or there is no forgiveness. The price of being a star.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No - all Lin has to do is cut down on stupid turnovers and stop all the stupid unnecessary helping on D - but it is starting to seem like it's just how he is wired to play basketball.