1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2013.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Free Lin now!

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Exactly. If one didn't watch the game or read the stats, it seemed like Lin had all those 17 TOs, scored 0 point, and had his guy score 50+ points. Haters are going to be haters....

3. gregas

gregas Member

That's simply not true. They've been comparable and both have had game deciding fourth quarter preformances, last one was against Nuggests, and Goran decided it by scoring 8 consecutive points.

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Lin Stats are not accepted in the Game Thread. It is about the game.

Rationality and Stats-backed post are frowned upon. lol. I am trolling.

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Let's petition Morey to trade him.

6. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I think the truth is having either Harden or Beverley instead of Jeremy tonight would not have won us the game.

With Harden you *may* have gotten a few more points than Jeremy's 20, but the D would not have improved and probably worse.

With Beverley you *may* have gotten better defense, but Beverley has never scored 20 points in the NBA.

Let's get everybody back healthy, and let Jeremy help the 2nd unit better while free to do his thing.

7. mikus

mikus Member

C'mon guys, we lost this game in the 3rd Q. Just a lackluster effort coming out of halftime allowing the Mavs to get hot and beat us by 15 pts in the quarter. In terms of scoring, we really needed more out of Garcia and Casspi tonight, especially Garcia. It is unacceptable to play 35 min and contribute nearly nothing to the game.

That being said, just a little more out of Howard, Lin, or Parsons and we might have been able to pull this out. I think Lin should have shot at least 3-4 more times. I think we should have fed Howard more in the 4th quarter. Lin's shot was looking ok tonight(not his mid-range jumper though), he should have either looked for his own shot or just fed it into Howard. Garcia and Casspi were not getting it done.

Now we just gotta try to steal another game from the Spurs on Xmas.

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Last year our D was subpar this year it's the same if not worse. Sampson needs to go.

9. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

uh oh Phoenix 17 10 but lots to play

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Bledsoe is better in almost every single statistical category, and it's his 4th season VS Dragic's 8th season.

Goran is playing well but Bledsoe is flat out better, and especially defensively.

11. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

big fail on LIM tonight

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No it was Parsons who had all his passes deflected! Why you hate Rin Rin?

13. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

Bled deez on ur chin NOOB

14. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Having harden will jeopardize both offense and defense.

Bev is non existent on offensive end.

15. Gil

Gil Member

It's hilarious how the same people that gave James the "Haren" Nickname and post that crap gleefully are outraged because we're pointing out Lin's defensive flaws. Use the race card like the idiots you are.

Lin is criticized more than Harden and Parsons not only because of the contract he's on but because we know there's room for improvement. The defensive errors he's making are all mental yet he's barely shown any refinement this year.

Besides, if his fans are going to treat him like a superstar, it's only fair he's criticized like one. Championships are won on defense, Lin, Harden, Parsons and the entire team have to improve on the end of the floor if we're ever going to be legit contenders.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

We know and it happened to him too.....but let's just stick to basketball.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, I hate losing to DAL. We are currently too injured to win consistently. Better coaching would help regardless of injuries, but the HC isn't changing anytime soon. Just hope the team is healthy enough to gain some rapport before the playoffs and we're healthy going in.

18. j@amc

j@amc Member

Mysteries

Four thoughts from tonight's game:

1. For a professional basketball team, I am amazed at how many open top-of-the-key 3 pointers we allowed on the break. Looks to me as if Rick Carlisle and Mavs read our mail. They knew what we would cover and what would be open. This is attention to detail that we need from our coaches and players.

It's a shame (or is that a coaching failure) that we couldn't find anything like that on our break.

2. Also, I think all our guards need to get the memo about the legitimacy of using a stiff arm. Parsons at least went to the basket and made Carter pay for getting in front of him twice. Check the tape of our opponents from the last two games, its dribble with your right and fend them off with your left. They won't call it. Adapt.

3. I like Chandler Parsons, but he might be the shortest 6' 9" player in the league. He simply fails to take advantage of his height on offense. Almost every finish he makes on a drive barely clears the rim - and he rarely posts up. (It was nice to see him catch Monta Ellis down there tonight.) As heady a player as Parsons is, you'd think he'd live to take guys to the block. Even against Marion, Parson should take half his touches on the block. This creates foul trouble and open shooters. Post entries create another point of creativity.

4. Our team looks like its marking time. I am sure this is a result of our injury woes. We don't really crowd teams out of passing lanes or sets. We let players go wherever they want. It's not enough for us to be great.

19. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Do you have any thing significant to say about any other player. I did't see the game but from the posts Lin was the only player on the court ,his name is all over the place. If its that bad just don't watch the game until Lin is gone. You and others on the board seem to be in a great deal of pain over this. The dislike for Lin is so intense that I never saw such level of dislike leveled at any other player, except maybe for Sprewell.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets, Toyota Center, Rockets fans need to get turnt up! :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Candle Stick is turnt up!!</p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/statuses/415341091232051200">December 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>