1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at houses in Houston? (UPDATE: Howard responds from UCLA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I don't really care whether or not Dwight is in town but The Cat is right about the Instagram vids. You can record a video from a prior date and just leave it there before posting. Once you post it it has today's date. I have a vid from Saturday that is still on my cell I just haven't posted it yet. It's like taking a picture then posting it three days later on Facebook. Simple idea.

2. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Hmm, maybe I got confused? I thought this meeting was the one where he would be receiving the news he promised to deliver last night.

3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Look at his post again. He said they were putting the full court press on. They've just spent a ton of money on a billboard program that they've never done for anyone else. Kupchak was quoted as saying he consults with Jackson and Jackson is consulting more.

He said momentum, not that they were the favorites. When you go from 10% to 30%, that's still momentum. Perhaps they were gaining momentum because Dwight thought that Phil was really going to come on board, and right now he hasn't (maybe bc Buss doesn't want to cede power). Cyberx did not say "Dwight is going to join the Lakers". You overreacted to his statements. And the various reports that have come out recently (mostly from Broussard) could very well be him putting final pressure on the Lakers to choose between Dantoni and him.

Also, last night (or the day before - I don't know how to search) Cyberx said that HOU was in the lead.

We get that you have an issue that he's a Lakers' fan. So what? He has provided info that has been both good news to HOU as well as bad news to HOU. He as some connections and is telling us what he knows. Most of us here are grateful to hear it bc it's better than not hearing. And even if he thinks something is the case and it was either Dwights camp putting out a story or Dwight later changing his mind, it doesn't make his information not valuable. It's all a part of the guessing game.

And today he stuck his neck out and said Dwight was not in HOU when 790/real estate guy said the opposite. And he apparently was right. (And by "home" I interpreted LA and not literally in his house).

If he were a troll, he'd be banned by now. So his info is useful. He never claimed to know everything.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

That's what The Cat corrected me with on the previous page.

Do we know if Cyberx is indeed LA based?

5. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

No idea, my friend. I'm sure he has connections everywhere, though!

6. Know Your Role

Isn't it fairly easy to find his IP address or email these days on the internets? If the US government can do it, any 10 year old with a ipad can.

7. cyberx

cyberx Member

NEWS:

Great news Rockets fans - Dwight is contemplating firing Fegan and moving on from him. He is not happy with him. This is a HUGE win for the Rockets if this happens.

Now start bashing... lol

2 people like this.
  8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

WHY DO YOU KEEP BUILDING THIS STRAWMAN?

99% of us, including myself, have never called him a troll. I've gone out of my way, time after time, to say that I do think he has legitimate connections, and thus he provides value to the board. I'm simply pointing out that he has a known bias, and that bias affects how he interprets and presents some of his information.

My point with mentioning his statements on "momentum", Dwight being "excited" about LA, and the Rockets "being used", is that it goes against everything we've heard from verified insiders, culminating with the Broussard report yesterday. And no, guys like Broussard don't pull things out of thin air. They're told by very well-connected people. The narrative has steadily increased against LA over the past week. I never said cyberx said the Lakers were the favorites, though he did whenever asked in May. I simply pointed out that arguing that the Lakers had gained "momentum" of late was in contradiction to the narrative everywhere else.

Is it possible that the leak to Broussard was a ploy to ratchet up pressure for the alleged Phil conspiracy? In theory, sure. It's also possible that what cyberx is told, or decides to tell us, is a ploy for a certain agenda. It's also possible that his bias colors his interpretation. If you're willing to be skeptical on what you hear from the likes of Broussard and Woj (and I think that's a good thing), then don't turn around and blindly believe everything cyberx says. Everyone has an agenda and misinformation is all over the place.

With cyberx, it's like some of you think he has to be either A) an all-knowing insider God or B) a troll. In reality, there's a lot of middle ground between the two.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What does this mean for Chandler Parsons and his relationship with Fegan?

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

ahh ok I got ya.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

WHOA.

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

And here comes the Its Happening Gifs....again lol

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You guys are going to make this a long 2 weeks.

1 person likes this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Could it be connected to the Dallas report yesterday? That came out of nowhere (the leak that Dallas was a co-favorite) and seems to make no logical sense. The only scenario I could come up with is that Fegan was trying to do Cuban a favor, and I could see that pissing Dwight off.

17. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

That would be awesome! Oh, please let it be so. :grin:

18. acjeitherocket

should i get excited?

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I can see already see the next bit of breaking news. Dwight Howard joins Kevin Durant as Jay-Z clients.

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm only if you leave the app open and not use any of your Iphone's features including taking calls or texting.