1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at houses in Houston? (UPDATE: Howard responds from UCLA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2013.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Once again? A week ago, he told us the following:

They will give him promises and make him feel that this is HIS team. Dwight loved hearing this and is excited about it.

Also, Phil Jackson may get offered an official position soon to help with this.

Lakers are gaining the momentum again, that's for sure. Don't SHOOT the messenger, PLEASE, but it looks like the Rockets could have possibly been used to get Dwight what he wanted.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=8026201#post8026201

Since then, we've heard from numerous verified insiders that Dwight is not at all excited about Los Angeles and that the Lakers are certainly NOT gaining momentum. He's also "warned" us about Phil for months, and there is zero indication from any sort of reliable source that he's going to join the Lakers.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I just went through this guys twitter feed. Man **** him. Why was he even considered a source?

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I hope he doesn't see us as desperate and bolt to Dallas.. That's what I am worried about

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Dwight really wants whatever team he signs with to be his. If harden gets 20 shots he will be happy as long as he gets around 15. He may or may not deserve that many shots. Depends on if he forces it every time he touches the ball.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The problem is he said Dwight himself was here. That was fairly specific.

It's always smart to question info you get third-hand or from someone on Twitter (a few were blasting members of the site for questioning it... you know who you are). I don't have any doubts that he was telling the truth as he knows it and is an honest individual. He did not make this up. That's not the point though. It's that he didn't know for sure and there was some info that was hard to confirm.

He hadn't seen Dwight Howard but said he himself was there. He admitted he got this from someone else telling him the info. There may be real truth to someone associated with Dwight checking out places for him, but even if Dwight really was there, there's not enough info for us to go on to say definitively that Dwight is in Houston looking at houses.

I felt like if Howard had been in Houston, someone would have spotted him in the city and media scoopsters would have been tipped off. It's fun gossip though.

6. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

It's not a simultaneous upload, but I highly doubt he pre-recorded the video, flew 3.5 hours to Houston, then pressed upload it as soon as word broke to diffuse the rumors. Come on man, he's not in Houston.

1 person likes this.
  7. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

The fans or the franchise? Fans are ALWAYS desperate.

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Cat, just give it up. The man is clearly in UCLA. He may have sent some of his people to look at houses or something, but he's not in Houston.

Give it up.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was one of the first couple posters here to engage in discussion w/ this guy in his 1st thread last summer. he may have a legitimate connection to a player agency and he may have been vouched for by known posters here. but nearly everything he has put forth is with a pro-fakers slant. last summer he kept trying to push bynum on us in a 3way in order to facilliate howard to LA. when say push, he was actually trying to convince the board that bynum was a good consolation prize since we had no chance at dwight. now this summer it's "you guys are just being used as leverage for LA".

10. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Agreed, don't see someone in his position needing to do this.

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

dwight is going to love it when fans follow him home and take pictures in his garage

12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Dwights camp and Fegan have been known to be very active on the internet in order to influence the information highway. It's a 1/4 chance that it's deceit on their part with the video for me, in any case.

Cyberx DID say yesterday to expect some news around 4/5 today. I don't think I'd classify "I'll be signing the day I can", like most notable FA's, as news.

13. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

With regard to Cyber's news, I believe that he said he would be meeting with a friend or colleague who might have some interesting info for him. Possibly regarding some stuff from last night/what we are looking at doing in the future. Either way, I'm excited to see if he has anything good for us!

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You probably know so much because you and a buddy started this

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I don't know. Every time someone tweets at him about rumors of him bolting to Houston, he always seems peeved in his responses. It's like he's annoyed by the rumors of him coming to Houston. Maybe he's just acting annoyed.. I have no clue.

16. The Cat

That is exactly my stance as well. I don't think he's a fraud and I do think he has legitimate connections. But he does have an agenda, and that agenda colors his interpretations from time to time. That's all I've tried to point out.

17. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

[​IMG]

you...your good...you.

You knew the whoooole time didnt you.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Almost as bad as the convoy of fan-filled trucks that the Rockets sent.
    Come on man these players don't give a **** about fans. They want money, undying love from fans FROM A DISTANCE (that means get the **** out of their faces in other settings), and a chance to win a championship.

We shouldn't even be talking. Our attendance always sucks. If we don't sell out every single game from here on out, once we get Dwight, we don't deserve to have a team. Hell we should have been constantly selling out seats with HARDEN alone.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Someone sounds like they've been seriously burned or something.

20. The Cat

Do you know how many insane Dwight Howard stories we've heard over the past 16 months? Many of which were true? :) If there's a plausible scenario, I wouldn't rule it out.

Like Clutch said, I believe Allen is an honest guy and is telling the truth as he knows it. And he does work for a prominent real estate company in Houston. That's enough to make me think there could be some truth to this. Maybe it's all true, maybe Dwight sent an associate, maybe it's a different day in the near future. But I don't think someone made this up, and a pre-recorded video is one of the numerous possibilities. That's all I was pointing out.