1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at houses in Houston? (UPDATE: Howard responds from UCLA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2013.

1. rocketblood713

2. ~~~

~~~ Member

INSTAGRAM DOES NOT ALLOW PRE RECORDED VIDEO. I thought you said you were downloading it? Exactly. You're in friggen denial dude.

3. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

So salty.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Dwight is shopping for a house in HOU from UCLA. Entirely doable in the Internet age.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

You still want this guy? For sure?

A source claiming to be close to Los Angeles Lakers free-agent Dwight Howard says the All-Star center has had enough of the team’s fans and finds them to be “the most unappreciative and ungrateful group of people ever.”

6. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

1. Chill out.
    2. The second you let go of the record button it doesnt upload. Is the pre-recorded thing probable? No. Possible? Yes.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Why? Harden is supposed to instantly win fans over? Either we do it like other star teams and get a bunch of good players or we let our fans get attached to players by keeping them.

We got bounced out of the first after missing the playoffs three years in a row. Wtf did you expect? Lin to sell out games?

Also, if you are gonna act smug and better than everyone then post all of your ticket stubs from the regular season. Dig them up from your inbox if you have to.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not at all. I was curious just like the rest of us. I had no idea if Dwight Howard was in Houston or not.

I looked at that as a guy who had no reason to lie, but didn't have enough info (by his own account, mind you -- he wasn't hiding it) to make the claim for sure.

9. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I could be wrong but I believe the Cyberx news for 4/5 today was mentioned last night and before this thread started and then in this thread Cyberx mentioned that he would be meeting with a friend who "might have some goodies" later today.

With how I'm looking at it, these are independent events as it would be weird that he said there would be news at 4/5 today while tonight he is meeting with someone with a possibility of knowing something more.

My best guess is the 4/5 is some trade news regarding the Rockets and his meeting tonight is with a Dwight insider and he's getting an update, but that's just my guess.

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Hah. A tad. I just don't see how people can go **** on the rockets org when some random fans got excited, and then subsequently got (understandably) let down in the matter of a few hours. One has little, if nothing to do, with the other.

I'm upset at the potential reality at this moment as well, trust me. I just don't envision Daryl Morey creeping on Dwight Howard with a camera at the some random twitter rumor.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I did. I took a video and it is not on my Instagram. It is still in the Instagram account on my phone. IT DOES NOT GET POSTED UNTIL YOU PUSH SHARE.

Now, you can't take another Instagram video and save it without deleting the prior one. That much is true. But the video I took a few minutes ago and isn't posted yet -- I can post that days, weeks or months from now. Basically, until I use Instagram for something else. Dwight hadn't uploaded to Instagram since June 17.

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

No. He's shopping for UCLA from his house in Houston. Obviously.

13. rocketblood713

A source claiming to be close to Los Angeles Lakers free-agent Dwight Howard says the All-Star center loves Rockets fans !

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

There's no way to pre-record videos in instagram. Trust me.

15. The Cat

I just did it. The video is still on my phone. It is not on my Instagram.

16. The Cat

To clarify, he didn't say there would be news at 4/5 today. He said this:

I promise to have some good stuff tomorrow to you after about 4 or 5 tomorrow.

The 4/5 and his "meeting" is one in the same. That's what he was referring to.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If true, then **** him. But I also heard a source close to the situation said Dwight told him, "I want to play basketball on the moon and be the first moon baller. Then I want to make space jam 2 and be the very best. He also said he doesnt want lin on his new team and the first thing he will do is get him traded.

I hope he changes his mind once he sees how hard lin has been working in the off season.

18. The Cat

The writer of that story already admitted it was bogus and deleted it.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't think you have ever overstated you peripheral insider-ness or played your posts for self aggrandizement. You've got a hook-up, you let us know what you can without jeopardizing your sources (jobs).

You are a valuable addition to this community and help make boring Summers more fun.

Thanks.

20. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Oh, I didn't mean you, friend. I meant the guy you were responding to you, who was going on a rage-filled rant.