1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rutgers Freshman commits suicide b/c roomate streamed sexual encounter online...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Sep 30, 2010.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

exactly. i think your wonderful rocketsjudoka. and i love you.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You can't be serious.

There have been some downright unintelligent responses in this thread but this one probably takes the cake.

I mean, starting off your reply with "homo kid" is offensive in the first place. Compound that with your senseless logic and lack of even an OUNCE of sympathy or compassion. Absolutely pathetic.

How exactly do you have green bars next to your name?

3. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Don't feed the troll. In fact, don't ever take anything he posts seriously. He does this to get a rile out of people (I hope).

Either way, he's young and misguided. Leave him be.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this is why everyone needs 1-2 great friends. you simply cannot keep everything to yourself.

it's inexcusable what those 2 did, but suicide is never the answer.

my advice to everyone is when something's wrong: say it to someone. the burden will be lifted off the moment you do.

5. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

I'd like to see that. DAMN DIRTY STACHE. where them white girls at?

6. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

It is strange. Brightside mixes intelligent posts with dumbass posts. Don't get wrong I do too, but to a lesser degree on the latter :)

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you... I think?

I don't know whether to be flattered, amused or shocked.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would it have been less wrong though for Ravi to secretly videotape Clement if he was having sex with a woman?

I don't want to downplay homophobia but I think too much is being made about the homosexual aspect of this versus the callous violation of Clement's privacy. I don't think it is certain that Ravi did this because he was homophobic, secretly gay, or trying to out Clement so much as he just wanted to exploit his roommate for entertainment.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its sort of crazy how many people from my high school, which was a middle-to upper class predominately white (95% of the school) christian (any type) are posting comments on their facebook like: what a selfish thing for this rutgers freshman to do, having sexual feelings with members of the same sex would have led to depression, god does not approve of homosexuality and suicide this guy is def going to hell.

needless to say i got some defriending to do right now. growing up in a pretty conservative town i should have expected that, the 3 people i know from high school all came out of the closet after high school because they were afraid of what others would say there.

what annoyed me further was not one of these people mentioned anything about the two kids who caused the spiral. everyone was focused on the evil/selfish did that clementi did.

it amazes me sometimes seriously

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If I kill myself I'm taking some with me.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why does it not surprise me that this post comes from you.

[​IMG]

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Do I have to respond to this?

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes. Give us more insight into the mind of a psychotic freak that wants to "take some with him" if he kills himself.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Just actions have just consequences.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

agree with this. It sucks, and it was a crappy thing to do.

But plenty of us have dealt with some nasty stuff done to us by other people in the past. Those people typically go unpunished...most often because it's just "making fun of" or "threatening" or just some generalities that, in the end, mess with our heads and emotions. And make us self-conscious. (Really, a lot of the downside of being made fun of is that you're upset that *other* people hear about something negative about you, whether true or not)

So the only difference here is that the kid had 2 choices: continue to live (and no consequences occur to the offenders), or kill himself. So his actions and his choices should lead to someone else getting punished?

If someone drove him out to the bridge without knowing much about him or his personality and then as a "prank", left him out there without a ride home.. that'd be a prank. If the kid decided to jump off the bridge at that point, would the prankster be held liable?

Again, I think it's incredibly sad. But the logic just doesn't fit when people are asking for huge punishments..

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

What the heck, you tell 'em "Check Ball"? :confused:

In seriousness...

What you said really isnt NON-PC. Back in the old days, that was just called FATHERING doing what you're supposed to do. (Its even not PC to say "back in the old days" now, because everything today is considered "newer" and so "different" than before...which is relative and debatable points for another discussion..)

Telling women they're justified in doing what they want and feeling how they feel if it means they're "secure", and demonizing men for 100,000 years of "patriarchal rule", it puts everyone on the offensive or defensive. Turns everyone into resentful spiteful individuals, resorting to douche-dom as a new way of life, prioritizing materials and gadgets as personal rewards.

Things aren't ALL the same, there are differences than decades past. But needing strong parental guidance isn't. Tough love isnt a one size fits all I dont think, especially for a sensitive gay kid that parents might not be equipped to handle. But honest communication IS . Gotta stop lying to our kids.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. I had some bumps growing up and there were times when I felt I had no way out. But once I talked about them and reflected, they don't seem like such a big deal anymore. In the end, while it's something horrible, it's not something one can't overcome. But when you're brooding by yourself in the corner, problems tend to magnify greatly.

When my sister started college last year, I keep telling her over and over that no matter what happens, no matter what trouble she gets in, me and the rest of the family will always be there for her 100%. And that she can confide in us.

As for the two voyeurs, unless they're deep down evil people inside, they've probably already received enough punishment without police intervention. If I knew I had caused someone's death even indirectly, I'd likely never forgive myself.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I both agree with the exposed skeletons comment, and am also afraid of it.

Knowing that everyone is flawed makes us all more relatable to each other. ALL of our sh_t DOES stink.

I also think the information on the web will NOT come that honestly and sincerely. It will continue to be in forms of tabloid style sleaze just like this, except from regular everyday people who keep pushing extremism. Because being "epic" means everything. And being "bored" is the biggest "syndrome" imaginable. Things being voluntary means nothing now. If people want to know something, they'll keep urging at it until they get it, even if you dont want want to give it. I dont know, I like a little mystery to life. All these "open book" people out there now are attention whoring and annoying to me. You can't manage your own image now, you have to submit to what people want to see.