1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rutgers Freshman commits suicide b/c roomate streamed sexual encounter online...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Sep 30, 2010.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And she wasn't doing anything homosexual at the time...

SCK did commit the same 3rd degree crime by sending them without her consent.

2. juicystream

Rutgers is not at fault for pairing them. Depending on what happened with him trying to get a new roommate, they may be at fault.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

agree....Rutgers did nothing wrong unless we find out that he tried to move and they ignored his requests

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I still dont understand. The guy seemed fine after finding out the Indian dude set up a webcam and violated his privacy.He posted about it, he seemed as if he was already over it, he had another session with his boyfriend.

Then he kills himself?

I dont get it

5. Raven

Raven Member

And if Rutgers doesn't do the right thing, they might as well put up a sign that says Gay People Aren't Welcome Here.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't either but you can't really tell a person's true feelings from internet posts...is what I gather. He came across kind of as "it's not that big of a deal" in some of his posts...but obviously it was a bigger deal than he was letting on. It's too bad, too, because someone might have been able to help him if he was being perfectly honest about it. By the time he got around to being perfectly honest, it's like "I'm jumping off the GW bridge sorry" and he's dead very soon thereafter.

7. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

This thread is so gay.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot say this is true. Sex Tapes are flying around like candy these days.
    So
    I wonder what she means "This would not have happened"

No one would have recorded it? I cannot say this is true
    No one would have posted it? I cannot say this is true
    No one would have been embarrassed by it? I cannot say this is true
    No one would have hung them selves over it? Again . . I can say this is probably true . .. but the same could be said it this was a different individual

No one would have been 'Outed'? Well no cause. . I think OUTING indicates being gay . . .and it would not have been a homosexual situation . . but they would have been OUTED as sexual active.

Rocket River

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to lessen the maliciousness of homophobia but I don't think that is the most troubling thing about this case or even if this was a hate crime in terms of that homophobia was a primary driver in this case. Consider if this had been a situation of a women being filmed having sex with a man and the women killed herself because of the shame of being considered a slut or that her family didn't believe in sex outside of marriage would that lessen the tragedy of this situation?

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

As an aside, whatever happened to that Louisville cheerleader? I heard she changed her name and went into hiding.

11. juicystream

I just searched Louisville cheerleader. I can see why she would change her name. The first link was to Louisville cheerleaders website, everything else was pictures of her.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not aware of this situation.

Rocket River

13. juicystream

There are several nude photos of her that leave nothing to the imagination. I also discovered HS cheerleaders from Texas put on quite the Myspace show.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

From this post you are reading, can you tell if I am sane, insane, upset, or happy?

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i completely agree, this is nothing but navi or whatever his names fault, and i hope that ******* gets what he deserves, my whole point is that these bullies will never go away unless you stand up and make them, you cant let someone bully you and make you feel helpless and affect the way you feel about yourself.

I just feel really bad for this kids family. Gay, Straight, or Mayzer, this should never happen.

I mean how is this even funny?

If i walked into a room and there was a guy streaming something intimate between two people thats supposed to be secret i would slap the **** out of them and im not a violent person. To me its along the lines of rape or taking advantage of someone, not as extreme but along the lines.

17. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39445225/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Apparently New Jersey has some pretty tough hate crime statutes. They could apply this to the invasion of privacy charges to escalate sentencing to 10 years. I'm not sure it should apply in this case, but it is an option if the DA wants to pursue it.

This case just disgusts me. What those two did is definitely a crime whether or not the victims were straight, gay, or bi. And with every crime, you are responsible for the fallout.

I was just taking illegal sex videos of the guy and posting them online. I knew it might be embarrassing, but I didn't think he'd commit suicide. Tell that to your cellmate.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

so painful to read, this hits close to home. i just hope one day soon, kids won't feel the need to hide their sexual orientation from intolerant parents and homosexuality is not seen as a spectacle for assholes to exploit.

die bigotry.

die bullying.

#158 finalsbound, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    2 people like this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Do you ever really recover as a person (assumes person has a conscience) knowing you did something to cause somebody else to commit suicide? One could view a possible reason why the victim committed suicide as the victim did it to pay them back for doing what they did to him. The victim didn't seem to think justice would be done...so he made sure that it was and they didn't get away with it. These two people may have only intended this as a prank that got out of hand (which is likely the case) and their net result is they are now tarnished by the suicide of the victim. Now, they are the victims of the victim. They lost whatever innocence they had left. I'm not sure time can even heal a wound like that. It will always be on their mind. I bet they are thinking it's not fair right about now...one ill-conceived prank has turned into a lifelong burden to carry around. I hope this prompts the stupid people in the world to put more thought into the consequences of their actions...because these two obviously didn't give it much thought beyond perpetrating their act.

20. Raven

Raven Member

I'm all for a full prosecution, but I think this falls short of a hate crime. These two little monsters would have probably done the same thing to a straight person.