1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

tmac for Caron butler and scrubs. I don't know how the salaries match but get it done!!

2. joncarlotan

joncarlotan New Member

how about we trade rafer, head, hayes and some picks to philadelphia for andre miller..

denver got better with billups
    a good point guard is what we need.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why would they do that? I mean, clearly I would and toss in $3 million o Les's cash too.

:D

DD

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'm not convinced Miller is a huge upgrade over Brooks currently. I suggest starting Brooks first and seeing how he plays for a few games.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I'm very much interested in shipping T-Crap to Detroit (Rip + Sheed or Prince), Chicago (kirk + fillers),Washington (Butler + fillers) and Charlotte (G. Wallace + fillers)

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

The Best Trade Scenarios for the Rockets Involving Tracy McGrady:

1) Rip Hamilton - Rip would be the poster child for Rick Adelman's offense. He never stops moving while constantly making cuts, keeping the defense on its toes and efficiently hitting his mid-range jumpers and shots behind the arc. He fits the mold of a "teammate" not a "me-mate." Hamilton truly embodies what Adelman is looking for in his offense.

If the Pistons are really interested in moving Rasheed Wallace's contract it would work as filler but the Rockets will have to give someone or something of real value for him. The Pistons will not just hand both players over. Evidently, this offer was on the table over the summer but the Rockets decided to stand pat. Hindsight is 20/20.

2) Gerald Wallace - Wallace has been prone to injury but he plays all out every night on both ends of the court. He did not last long in his first tenure with Rick Adelman but he has matured to a player that coaches and GM's alike have taken notice of and at this point, he would provide much more grit and energy than McGrady, not to mention, he gets paid a very reasonable salary for his skill set and production.

Like the first scenario, there will have to be filler to compensate for Tracy McGrady's hefty salary. Some movable pieces for Charlotte are Raja Bell, Raymond Felton, Boris Diaw and Adam Morrison. Bell would be the most desirable of that group but it would be hard seeing Charlotte give those two up for Tracy McGrady alone. They would be willing to move Raymond Felton and Adam Morrison quickly but Daryl Morey will more than likely wait until the last minute to find a sweeter offer somewhere else.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Unlikely scenario, but we can all dream right?

T-Mac to the Warriors for Stephen Jackson and Brandan Wright, but we have to take on Maggette's contract and Rafer and Head to the Bulls for Hinrich. It would be awesome to reunite Jackson with Artest and Maggette can be instant offense off the bench as long as he's not a ball hog and realizes his role. Wright can be Yao's future backup. We help the Bulls get ready for 2010 with Rafer and Head and they gives us Hinrich. Win-win for everybody.

Hinrich/AB/Barry
    Jackson/Magette/Wafer
    Artest/Battier
    Scola/Landry/Hayes
    Yao/Deke or Wright

Win now baby!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...11~2763~532&teams=10~10~10~10~4~4~9&te=&cash=

8. worzel gummidge

*"here" is D-League Showcase in Utah
    [​IMG]

Pacers: One bum knee (Dunleavy's bone spurs) for another in McGrady. Dunleavy will be playing through a condition while McGrady is supposed to be recovering. Pacers dump Dunleavy's contract which runs beyond 2010 free agency. This puts them in the 2010 free agency sweepstakes.

Clippers: In salary dump mode. Moving Camby for Nesterovic + Jack saves them $9.25M in the long run. Clippers only have two healthy guards in Mardy Collins and Eric Gordon on their roster right now.

Rockets: Camby expires before 2010 free agency. Scola can play off the bench at the 4/5 as he did most of his career at TAU. There should be no matchup concerns with the depth of this frontcourt. Dunleavy's knee is a risk but his game should be a better fit worst case scenario is Artest replaces him in the linep if he goes down. Dunleavy's contract shouldn't impact the Rockets goals in 2010 free agency too much.

All teams stay under LT.

Brooks, Alston, Head
    Dunleavy, Barry, Wafer
    Battier, Artest
    Camby, Landry, Hayes, Dorsey
    Yao, Scola, Deke

9. joesr

joesr Member

Wow I hate to say this but this trade make sense for all three teams. Morey I hope you read this stuff because you went from God-Mode to No-Go-Mode. Redeem yourself here.

10. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Whoa !! That move makes sence for everybody !! I would welcome Camby and Mike here anyday they would make a huge impact !! We can hope Mike will be ok, but the overall value of the move is both realistic and ballanced for all teams.

When you think about it, not just on paper, but for all the organizations this is a very good move. Rockets would speed the game up, play much smarter defense and Camby can play the high-post very good they would be a team the consist of 3 -1st team defenders in the rotation. Rebounds, blocked shots holy smokes transition baskets. Weak side defenders and changing and altering shots it would be a improvement for sure and Camby, Battier, Artest will distrupt any game plans defensively. Camby reminds me of Battier in their work ethic as well they would be good team mates.

12. battousai

battousai Member

Trade:

Bulls: Hinirich, Ben, and Deng - $26 mils
    Rox: Tmac, Head, Alston - $27 mils

Get it done Morey.

13. battousai

battousai Member

no way replace landry with head

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

but it's not a direct comparison. any idiot would trade Rafer for Hinrich. The question is do you trade TMac for him? given his (Hinrich's) contract, i don't think that makes complete sense.

i like some of the other recent trades proposed.

15. GOAT

GOAT Member

no one ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever said trade T mac for him well at least I didn't.....I may have included Tmac in a deal that brought back vince and hinrich which i say still do that trade any day of the week

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad to see you weren't banned GOAT.....agree about Hinrich.

DD

17. GOAT

GOAT Member

lol.....people have to understand that we will go no where with rafer running the PG and for everyone else who keep saying put Brooks in the starting lineup....IT will not work, he is a scorer not a PG...This is the trade that I suggested to get us Kirk and I also explain why every team may do it...never said T mac for Kirk only

Here is how i would shake things up personally......We would basically take ourselves out of the 2010 sweepstakes but it is what it is and something has to be done before we end up lottery bound and actually become the dallas cowboys of basketball.....
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...~4~17&te=&cash=

new linup would be something like this

Kirk Hinrich,Brooks
    Vince Carter,Wafer,Barry
    Shane Battier,Ron
    Scola,Drew Gooden (much needed length)
    Yao,Deke,Sean Williams

Now here are the reasons teams do this......Chicago cuts 17 million and are players somewhat come 2010 by moving Hinrich plus Gooden is on the block now, and Chicago also will be getting an up and comer with Landry which I think is a little more polished than Noah and Thomas plus a cheaper back up with Rafer who also has less years than Hinrich......Now New Jersey they have been looking to move Sean Williams for a while now and they were interested in Head for Williams earlier from what I have been reading on the internet....the reason they move Vince for Tracy is the fact Tracy will be off there books in 2010 and Vince will have 2 years left in 2010.......we all know that New Jersey is one of the teams trying to get Lebron with them moving to New York plus one of Lebrons good friends is part owner of the team so they may look to move Vince since they can not see themselves winning a championship with him there in the next 2 years...............
    It's obvious why Houston does this deal in getting the PG they have been needing and also getting a SG who will actually play for you (Vince is playing well for a sorry ass New Jersey team right now so coming to Houston will be good for him).....Plus by bringing in Gooden we will get much needed length, size and atheletic help that we need in the front court..Sean Williams also will supply some of this help if we need him (Houston and Lakers WC Finals)

18. worzel gummidge

/\ About Sean Williams:
    http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/new_jersey_nets_sean_williams_1.html

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Before I would trade tracy, I want to know a few things. Do we really believe Yao can stay healthy? Can we resign Ron? Are we committed to adelmans scheme? Are we in or out the 2010 summer sweepstakes? If all the answers are yes and the last is no, here is my proposal.

Tracy and Luther for Marion and Blount.

I have a hard time trading Tracy because he's a very impactful player despite what he shoots from the field. He gets doubled a lot, is a great decision maker with the ball, and ramps it up come playoff time. The regular season, especially this one, he's struggled physically and mentally. Head is just throw in.

How would this change the Rox? Marion would play very well in this offense. He doesn't need a play run for him, yet he's very effective. He runs all day, a great defender, good 3pt shooter, and great rebouner from the 3 spot. Can actually guard some 4's and he will run the court every play off the rebound. When the game slows down, he will still rebound,defend,move without the ball, and cut without the ball. The dillemma is he's a free agent after this season with Ron. Blount is a 7 ft er who can knock down jumpers. He's expensive for a guy that will play 15-17 mins, but he would allow the coach to have a 7 ft er that can shoot in there while Yao rest. If Yao misses any games, he can start. His contract expires in 2010, so it gives the Rox a expiring.

This deal gives the rox a team more flexibilty and more energy as well as size and speed which could lead to more transition baskets. Marion and Brooks would push tempo and put a lot of pressure on the defense. In the offseason, since a lot of teams don't have a lot of cap room, I would offer Marion and Artest 4 yrs 45m. I would start Brooks,Artest,Marion,Scola, and Yao. That lineup gives the team creators and finishers.

20. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

how about we trade tmac for jose calderon?
    wat about danny granger or the matrix?

if we arre able to fix up a trade it would work for all teams included.

i mean look
    for the raptors you get tmac to be able to not only create plays, but take pressure inside off of jermaine o neal and chris bosh. how is that for a big three. bosh, o neal and mcgrady.

for the heat. do i need say anything. d-wade and mcgrady. nough said. talk about clearin cap space for 2010 too.

and for the pacers he would be a big man on the teram to get open shots for mike dunleavy and tj ford. he will be a really experienced player with versatility and playmaking skills.

now for the rockets

jose calderon = perfect point guard position

Jc, ron ron, battier, scola, yao

danny granger can be our scorer and we can finally put ron ron to great use. be our big small man. (he is 5th in scoring in nba.)
    rafer, granger, artest, scola, yao
    (damn that just sounds raw.)

and with shawn marion, i think he can work with adelmans offense because thats what hes meant for and now we would have 3 defensive beasts. and we can get himto be our scorer and he can be a leader, as proven in the suns.

rafer, artest, marion, scola, yao

remember that for the last 2 we still have shane battier as a reserve. lets do it now. who is with me