1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

ok bare with me on this one it is massive and i think it helps all teams or should i say all four teams.
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...5~10~15~11~11~11~4~10~10~4~4~4~10~4&te=&cash=

ok this is why we would do it of course we get a better point guard in hinrich and we get a back up back up point guard in lue. We get daniels who at this point is tons better than tmac. Also all of them but hinrich come off the book before 2010

Now the bulls might do it because they become instantly better and tmac comes off in 2010 and they are shopping everyone of those people but deng anyways

The bucks might do it because it saves them money next year, they are about as good if not better with the trade and in 2010 they will have more money available because they got rid of gadzuric horrible contract

The pacers might do this because they dont really have a back up point guard because tinsley is out injured so far this season and mike dunleavy is back so daniels will get less PT

I know its far fetched but i was really bored plus we would be really good if it did happen

2. TMaC MVP

TMaC MVP Rookie

Tracy McGrady to the suns for Barbosa, Diaw and anything else they are willing to let go... we can use Barbosas speed with aaron brooks in adelmans offense... and diaw brings size that the rockets sure do need...

maybe even grant hill or bell since they now have a solid sg/sf in j rich

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Diaw has already been traded for Jason Richardson.

DD

4. TMaC MVP

TMaC MVP Rookie

oh **** i forgot that
    well yea barbaso and either grant hill or bell

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

bell was traded too

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

rofl this kid is behind the times. Maybe we can convince the Suns to toss in Kidd as well!

7. joesr

joesr Member

whats funny is he knew they had richardson....

8. joesr

joesr Member

Pinch youself, this is reality.

9. joesr

joesr Member

You do understand the fundamentals of the other team wanting to have a good trade for them as well...fitting their style....money wise or depth wise.

That being said do you understand why Hinrich is on the trading block? Cost for one but also due to the fact they have to many other point guards. But yet you do a trade involving 2 guards for two guards, yeah um no guy.

Deng is in a slump but he isnt on the trading block, that I've heard but while on a slump is putting up better numbers then Tmac.

Your first trade putting Landry instead of Head is more realistic. Gooden is leaving next year so this will give them a good PF a couple years down the road. So Landry is a incentive.

Replace Alston with Head and they just might bite. Or least start talking? Head comes off the book next year. Either way, Alston or Head, they both will be stuck behind the current list.

I highly doubt they want to rid Gordon at this point though, isnt he their highest scorer?

10. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

We would have to let Landry go if we want that deal to go through, if we don't want Head what makes you think Chicago would? I would love to keep Landry and I think he's a great player but just like its been said before, we have to give to receive and giving Rafer, T-mac, and Landry for Gordon, Gooden, and Hinrich makes much more since then throwing Head into that equation. Besides Head's contract is up this year so I would say let the sucker expire and use the cash to resign Artest.

11. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Hey thanks man, you totally just typed what I was responding to and going to say and I didn't even have to do the work. :)

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Here is the deal you propose which works just fine if they would take it we would have a strong point guard rotation if we did get to keep Rafer who I would like to keep if we can still get Hinrich and Gordon out of the deal. Anyways someone please get this deal done.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...1711~2381~1981&teams=4~4~4~10~10~10&te=&cash=

13. joesr

joesr Member

Nice. Also saw that you replaced Deng with Gooden. Thats more believable a well.

Hinrich, Gordon and Gooden. (23.5mil)
    (Hinrich, no secret he has always been on the trading block)
    (Gooden, isnt staying next year, not happy)

Tmac, Landry and Head. (25mil)

I tell you one thing. Bull's become a major contender in 2k10 with Hughes and Tmac coming off the books (almost 37mil from those two alone).

And if they are willing to rest Tmac for a month and a half he just might be able to contribute (50/50?)

If this kind of deal was to happen I would think of extending Wafer. (saving a mil and then some and with a fronting contract from Hinrich) Wafer would be the Tmac in training playing behind Gordon. Extend him now and let Gordon become a FA. with a solid year behind Wafer he might prove a cheap contract if extended now. With Tmac and Gooden gone though, you could sign both Gordon and Artest and can stay contenders....

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I could really see the Bulls doing this deal, they will need the cap space in 2010 if they want to keep Rose because his contract is up then also. They also could be contenders in the 2010 free agency so I think its a win/win for everyone involved. Lets just hope the right people are seeing the same scenario we are.

15. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Give Tracy, Landry and Aaron for Danny Granger + Jamaal Tinsley and filler whatever they give.

I know Danny Granger is untouchable but I love him ( non-gay way )

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The Pacers would have to be on crack to do that deal

17. battousai

battousai Member

First of all Those two quotes u quoted me were for two separate trades. One suggested by me, another one was my reply to another person's suggestion.

I don't know if you understand this, but Deng has a longer contract than Tmac, Ben is not going to get his extension from Bulls and Hinrich is just sitting on the bench. Maybe I should spend more time explaining this, as I thought ppl here are at least a bit knowledgable about BB.

If you are the Bulls, you have a bright piece of player in Rose, and he is the future of the franchise. Next you got Deng who after these many years are not up to his full protential. Don't forget his pass bad blood with the bulls on extension. Something a change of scenery what players need.

Do Bulls think that with Ben and other contracts expiring would be able to yeild them something big next year? or would they look ahead into 2010-2011 for the big pool of FAs? Tmac's contract would yield them that opportunity.
    Why not if you are the Bulls?

Alston - who is a veteran and a better ball handler, Hinrich is not going to be happy as the backup, but alston would.

Head is just a filter. Ben is going to walk next season, Bulls got no caps to sign him, therefore anything that they can get for Ben is a plus.

why would we want gooden when we got Scola, Landry, Hayes, artest and battier that can play that position? Not to mention dorsey too.

18. joncarlotan

joncarlotan New Member

how bout this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...781~510&teams=10~8~14~14~14~8~14~10&te=&cash=

trade tmac and alston to detroit for iverson
    and trade shane, head, hayes and scola.
    and add some pick in between just to make it right..

rockets can try to push for a championship this year and if the rockets fail
    they don't resign marion, iverson and artest. tank the next season
    and try to sign a superstar in 2010 freeagent market..
    if they can get this deal done yao will be the only player who has a contract thru 2010...
    possible?
    if morey is as good as they say
    i think he can get this done..

19. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...532&teams=8~10~8~10~10~10~4~8~8~8~4&te=&cash=

Houston Trades
    Tmac 21 2 years
    Head 2 1 year
    Shane Battier 6 3years
    Landry 3 2 years

Houston Recieves
    Rip 11 5 years
    Hinrich 10 4 years
    Amir Johnson 4 2 years
    Thabo Safolosha 2 2 years

Detroit Trades
    Sheed 13 1 year
    Rip
    Amir Johnson

Detroit Recieves
    Larry Hughes 12 2 years
    Battier
    Landry
    Head
    Drew Gooden 8 1year

Chicago Trades
    Larry Hughes
    Kirk Hinrich
    Thabo Safolosha
    Drew Gooden

Chicago Recieves
    Tmac
    Sheed

We would do it cause we get better of course rip fits the offense perfectly and hinrich is a very good improvement over rafer

Chicago might do this because they get better by trading players they dont wanna play and they become major contenders for 2010

Now detroit might be a problem I believe they might do this because they are shopping sheed anyways and they get about slighty better or worse depending on your opinion and they aslo become contenders for 2010

20. worzel gummidge

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/1521999.html
    [​IMG]
    Bobby Brown is filler so all teams stay under LT.

Brooks, Alston, Brown
    Hinrich, Barry, Wafer
    Battier, Artest
    Miller, Landry, Hayes, Dorsey
    Yao, Scola, Deke