1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Forecast: 2016-17 West standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jul 26, 2016.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I really think wolves will be higher than 10.

2. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

According to me it's:
    1.GSW
    2.Spurs
    3.Clippers
    4.Blazers
    5. Thunder
    6.Jazz
    7.Wolves
    8.Grizzlies
    9.Rockets
    10.Mavs

Tibs and the young Wolves team will battle the Thunder and Jazz for 5,6, and 7. Rockets, Mavs and Grizzles battle for finally Playoff spot. Until I see the Rockets play defense I see them on the outside looking in. I will always pick the Rockets over the Mavs, even it they have a better team.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I kinda have to agree with this. With MDAs brand of basketball and a rejuvenated Harden they will be a very good regular season team, but the playoffs will be a whole different matter. They still need to add a rebounding 4-5.

1 person likes this.
  4. val_modus

val_modus Member

They didn't account for DMo here right? Because with him we're surely a top 3 seed, right?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ranking the teams now....I can see why ESPN would do it. Something to alleviate the doldrums of summer.

It's just too early to tell. As things stand? Accounting for health, we're probably in that 6 or 7 range. But this just doesn't seem like the final roster. (And I say that even without Codman's post.)

6. TheGoldenGreek

Is there not a "Codman Speaks" thread where we can put his most recent comments? I keep coming back here for more Codman riddle analysis but it's buried in a random thread so I feel like nobody knows about it.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

1) GSW

2) Spurs- 15%. might be able to beat GSW

3) Clippers- 5% chance of beating GSW

4-15) It doesn't even matter.

1 person likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I do feel his comments were buried but it also seems like there's less site traffic thanks to the summer. Also, Codman is going through health issues and may only post sporadically.

9. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If GSW does win 67 games next year, that must put them in some elite historical standing of teams winning 65+ games?

How many players have been on teams that won more than 65+ games?

MJ had 67, 69, and 72. LBJ won 66 with CLE and 66 with MIA.

2015 - 67
    2016 - 73
    2017 - 67?
    2018 - 67?

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Lukewarm...Sap' doesn't feel great about playing with D12.

Gay implies mgmt is all over the place. WANTS OUT. Was told we are on his short list because of dma's offensive. I'm for it. YOu have offensive killers everywhere.

The center situation is my main concern. Same with the PG spot : Pat nor James are Steve Nash.

Be patient..i keep hearing that we're collecting disgruntle players, who want a new start. (Boogie makes this team unstopabe and fits the Amare role.

A bird will be coming, but prepare to say goodby to my guy Trev :)

1 person likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Milsap, Rudy Gay, Boogie .... PG ....

If we can get Boogie Cousins, Morey is getting a parade, a statue and a day in Houston.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

LETS GET IT!!!

13. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Korver for Ariza?

But we also have players like Milsap, Gay, and Cousins on our list.

However, who do we trade? Capela and Beverley?

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Milsap is a prize and if you can get him you do it.

Gay is mediocre as ****, but he cleans up our cap space nicely for a run at a max guy next year, and maybe MDA could do something with him off the bench.

No shot whatsoever at Boogie.

Not really sure about this bird stuff. Only other piece I can think of is Korver and he is getting pretty old.

15. basketballholic

We're hearing similar stuff codman. I doubt Ariza, Bev are with us much longer. Too many talks involving them.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I think it's Rudy Gay and (Boogie or Millsap). I don't see any way we get Boogie. Even if he says he wants out, we will get outbid.

My prediction in Cod's context:
    Ariza for Millsap happens if Rudy Gay is acquired (maybe via SnT for D-Mo or a package involving Dekker/Trez/KJ/Brewer). Not sure if that works at all with numbers and rules.

17. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

All Offensive Team here we come!

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would not be opposed to trading Ariza, though his contract is kinda nice right now with the cap bump. If that can be leveraged into an upgrade though, all for it.

19. Lightsnowaction

Call me crazy, but I think the Blazers will be worse than what people think. Still a playoff team, but below the 5 seed.

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Are we paying Milsap next year? I hope not.

If we can get Boogie....MAN...

Curious to see what we can get for PG. I hate to say this but Rubio wouldn't be s bad as ppl think (also fits that I WANT OUT category perhaps), especially if the price is right. Will make the lineup combinations instantly more interesting.

Many thanks Cod. I just love randomly opening a thread and digging up Cod's hidden posts.:cool: