1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Forecast: 2016-17 West standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jul 26, 2016.

1. stab

stab Member

You're pretty straightforward, and Portland may be on an island by themself at the 4 spot, and I know it gets muddled after that, but the Jazz at 5? They have made strides but I don't have them any better than 7th.

2. stab

stab Member

The top 3 are straightforward....sorry.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sounds about right, we will struggle mightily with this all offense roster and coach. Still, it will be more entertaining and we could win up to 50 games probably, but given how last year went, it's good to keep expectations low and not all problems will just be fixed like that.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think we end up closer to 50 wins than 40 and are closer to the 4 seed than the 8th.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I hope Codman is referring to Terence Ross and not Nick Young. No to Nick Young.

6. rocketseagles07

It's definitely Nick Young

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:mad:

8. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Really not buying this Jazz thing? Who is their go-to guy at the end of the game? Hayward? Pass.

9. StrawberryJamm

Rodney Hood is legit.

The Thunder have no outside shooting, teams will pack the paint against them and they could fall apart in a big way.

Memphis is even more injury prone than us.

Top 3 are right, If things go well we should battling for the 4 spot.

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Until I see what we are on the defensive end, I would have to agree with 8th place. We can score but can't stop wet paint from drying!

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I was figuring we'd be around a .500 team... maybe a few games higher...

I think we're gonna have an explosive offense that's gonna rack up around 110-120 points a night... unfortunately, I think we're gonna have no defense and give up around 110-120 points a night...

Our strategy this off season has sucked... we've tooled with a good offense to make it a little better, while taking a lower level defense and pretty much making defense non existent...

I'd hoped that adding some offensive components would make us less reliant on harden for all the offense and he could give a more consistent defensive effort... but with MDA's 7 second offense, there's gonna be continuous running... so I don't see any extra effort being available for defense...

But hey, offense puts fans in the seats and creates excitement... so Les will be happy...

If Les is happy, then Murray will be happy...

A healthy contingency of Clutchfans just like to cling to and ballyhoo harden's offensive stats - as they proclaim him to be the messiah... so they will be happy...

Those fans, like myself, who want to see some actual team success - such as a deep playoff run - are just gonna be S.O.L....

smh... sooooooooooooooo NOT looking forward to next season.... smh....

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

delete: it was already said.

#92 don grahamleone, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I agree, but would you trade Corey Brewer for Nick Young?

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

We'll be an exceptional regular season team. We'll flunk the playoffs. We're definitely top 5 out West, make no mistake about it.

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Absolutely

16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

If healthy, the Rockets should actually be a pretty great regular season team.

Their problems won't really start until the postseason. That's when the D gets real.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Jazz are solid. Gobert/Favors is one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league. George Hill was a sneaky good grab. Hood and Hayward are both solid. They have depth off the bench and their player development has been good.

I have them at #4 actually.

18. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Could firesale be Chris Bosh?

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know about that. Some risks even Morey might not take. Might not. But if he did, no way I'd walk away without Justise Winslow.

20. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Right now, I agree with 1-4 as stated, but would put us at 5th after the Blazers and before the Jazz, Mavs, Grizzlies and Thunder (with the teams after us ranked in that order). We should be able to get out of the first round this year, and I think that we can be competitive in the second round if things go well (like if the MDA mojo works, we try on defense and aren't jacked by injuries at the wrong times). I won't say that WCF is likely or even probable, or that we will face the best of the East in the Finals (I quit smoking weed a long time ago), but we should be better than last season.