1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

+ 400 billion

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

give me that dude from Ohio State...He's gonna be a beast

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

already had nba 3 range for a couple years
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GtOX5uxMiXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GtOX5uxMiXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Yeah, Jared Sullinger looks like he'll be pretty damn good.

There are actually quite a few players that should be coming out this year that I like. Definitely like me some Perry Jones as a future face up power forward. I also like Kemba Walker if we lose Aaron to trade or free agency. I think Kemba could end up better than Aaron. Terrence Jones is intriguing as a 3/4 combo, too. Then, of course, there's Sully, who's just a monster.

Any of those four guys would be awesome.

5. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

JaJuan Johnson of Purdue would be a fantastic value pickup. He can make just about every shot and leads the Big Ten in blocks.

Edit: That's my answer to the thread title question. Probably not the right guy for a "high draft pick," though.

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Won't really know until draft day, but I bet my answer will then be: Kyrie Irving.

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

In all honesty I don't see us getting any higher than the 8th pick. The ideal picks there would be Harrison Barnes (Draftexpress has dropped him in that spot) or Donatas Motiejunas imo.

8. Rockets_4_life

It depends, if the rockets are in the top 6.. you have to get your hands on one of the following.. Kyrie Irving, Perry Jones, Enes Kanter, Harrison Barnes or Terrence Jones

But if your in the 7-12 range then you go after(regardless of position) Donatas Montiejunas, Jan Vesely, Jared Sullinger, Trey Thompkins, John Henson or Kemba Walker

I'd like to get an additional mid 1st rd pick, because I'd love to add Kemba Walker if he we're to drop. So he can replace Aaron Brooks. Brandon Knight could also serve as a good replacement for Aaron of the bench...

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Terrence Jones.

19 PTS 9 REB 1.8 BLKS 37% 3FG

http://espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=51540

Holds Kentucky freshman single game scoring record.

[​IMG]

Without a doubt the best player in college basketball I've seen all season. That other Jones was a pedestrian in the two games I've seen. Irving has been injured so long he is a distant memory.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rZVHFkh2W0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rZVHFkh2W0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to think Morey ships it in a blockbuster.

11. Rockets_4_life

Okay, back to the topic...

Terrence Jones is the guy I'm looking at.. he reminds me of a bigger version of Paul Pierce.. a good athlete, with amazing skills of the dribble..

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Even though we don't need another PF while we desperately need a center, I'd be happy with any of these except Kanter. Kanter has Greg Oden knees and about a third the talent. Kanter probably won't play as many games as Oden before he is done.

13. thebender

thebender Member

I don't get to see much college basketball as I live in Australia....so rely on following info through the news/mock drafts and forums such as this.

So just wanted to ask what kind of player Derrick Williams is?

nbadraft.net has him listed at number 1 whereas all other mock drafts seem to have him somewhere between 10-20.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Williams is having a great season and that has upped his stock. Since there isn't a clear #1 pick, he will get some love there.

I think the sleeper of the draft will be Sullinger, the kid is a stud at the PF position. Rockets have a logjam at the #4 as is but I wouldn't mind seeing a Patterson/Sullinger combo at the 4 for years to come.

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

what about harrisson barnes? is he any good? i know a star is gona be hard to get this draft but can he be a borderline star sort of like granger if so i would pick him, trade a couple of our assests to move up

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

He's not even in the mock draft on nbadraft,net. He's not playing well this season. But if he decides to enter the draft and he slips to the Rockets, they should think long and hard.

17. Rockets_4_life

Ehh I wouldn't follow "nbadraft.net" until a month before the draft. Right now they're pretty random in terms of available prospects and ranking of the prospects.

Barnes is in every other mock draft - and yes currently he is a realistic possibility for the rockets - and if he is there come our pick the Rockets shouldn't hasitate for a bit to draft him, the kid has 'bona-fide' star level talent... we could move Williams to SG and have Barnes start at SF.

18. alethios

alethios Member

Out of those 3, I'd take Chris Singleton without a doubt. He's definitely got a good motor and defensive skills. He's probably the most NBA-ready out of the 3.

19. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

The more I look at him, I like Terrance Jones. He is very skilled and would be a very good rebounding SF as well. He is also from Kentucky, and I trust their product. If we have a mid to late pick and he falls into our lap I would take him.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yEgmxg8OF90" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>