1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Gerrson Rosas said saturday on a radio interview with 610 that they were in Lithuania just recently. They are most likely taking a hard look at this guy.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Donatas-Motiejunas-1300/

Donatas will be a likely target to fall around the 8 to 10 pick which might be where the Rockets end up if they fall much lower in the standings.

-I think Morey and Co. are most likely looking at taking one of the Euro players if they are available due to the looming lockout next season. Also drafting a skilled 7'0" big who can shoot lights out and is compared to Pau Gasol is always a plus.

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Or this guy

Who I would prefer the Rockets draft. Since Jonas is more of a presence in the paint and on the boards. But i'd be content with either of them on the Rockets.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I've figured it out. The Rockets need to draft Brittney Griner.

4. anchel

anchel Member

Motiejunas plays in Italy. Valanciunas does play in Lithuania.

DX is very high on him. I would draft him ahead of Vesely or Mots, but highly doubt he's available at 12-16th.

5. TheGoldenGreek

What about Jordan Hamilton? I've been impressed with him whenever I watch the horns play.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

def. Jordan Hamilton.

Guy has superstar all over him and he's just a tad below in mocks where the Rockets would pick at the moment.

Good shooter, defender and he's really bought into the team game. I would go so far to say he'll be the player in the draft with the best NBA career.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I only watched him last year when he was a chuck. What's changed for him? I know Texas is one of the best teams in the country, so that should help him.

If he's put it all together, why isn't he shooting up on draft boards higher? That kid was pegged as a superstar from the day he got there.. just wasn't that good last year.

8. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

people are stupid to think we have a chance at perry jones.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Irving (if he declares)
    Perry Jones
    Sullinger
    Terrence Jones
    Jordan Hamilton

Anyone know if Tristan Thompson is one and done and what's his likely projection? I love his hustle.

#89 sammy, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Most mocks have him going mid-late first round.

1 person likes this.
  11. Raven

Raven Member

Because we didn't start rebuilding the minute that suffered another injury, weeks of pointless victories killed any real chance of getting an impact player in this draft.

:mad:

12. Raven

Raven Member

The minute that Yao suffered another injury, I mean.

13. adboy

adboy Member

sullinger or kanter

14. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Truth, :(

15. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

If Battier for some reason isn't here next season, then I'd think that it would be SWEET if the Rockets drafted Jordan Hamilton.

Dude can Ball'!!!

16. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

you know I’m all for UT and like Jordan Hamilton, but yall can't be serious. Harrison Barnes > Jordan Hamilton. 2 years younger, and an inch taller. though his stats may not show it yet (compared to JH), this kid has got some serious talent and could very well be a superstar one day, imo.

I reckon either one would be nice.

17. mrjuandiego1988

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm just not a fan of Hamilton's game. He is first and foremost a shooter, and he is not the greatest creator. He has been good this year because he is shooting better than 40% from 3 pts. I just don't trust that a player who has trouble creating in college will be able to do so in the pros.

Rockets need a player who can create plays and points out of nothing for himself primarily and hopefully for his teammates as well. I would love to draft him we already had that player, but with this current team, I pass on Hamilton.

I'm still holding out hope that the Rockets play themselves out of the race completely against Detroit & Cleveland next week, and finally try to position themselves for a no. 7/8 pick. Then there is a realistic chance for a Harrison Barnes, unless he continues this upswing over the past 2 weeks, or Terrence Jones.

And I know it is a pipe dream, but seriously, I would love for the Rockets to completely break the mold and get Brittney Griner. Morey is a genius. I'm sure he can figure out a way.

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Respect. Granted that Hamilton still has the time and athletic ability to learn how to create for himself and others, I'm not sure if that will be the case come draft day.

On Griner, personally I don't think men and women should ever really be put in a situation where they physically compete at a high level. I will, however say, that Brittany Griner is something else. My brother, who was still in high school about 3 years ago, said a teacher of his (whom was also the girl's basketball coach), was in a pissy mood one day. When asked why, he said that Griner had dunked, multiple times, on his players the night before. She's a freak of nature.

20. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

[​IMG]

jk..i like his game but not for the rockets