1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. hakeemthagreat

Again. We're talking about MDA system where all you need a facilitator/scorer to run the offense. I agree Lebron's benefited from playing in the east, but MDA knows how to get guys open looks. You'd be foolish to assume only Harden can put up these type of numbers under MDA

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

On ability I think Lebron is capable.

There are several players in the league who can do it in the MDA system. I'd even say Carmelo could do it.

Camerlo didn't do it though.

Because it takes a player not only with great ability, but an equally great ego to match. Harden does his best to buy into the coaches philosophy and commits to the systems presented. Harden then masters his ability and role in that system. Carmelo didn't, Carmelo didn't want to buy into the philosophy or adapt his game to it.

This is another testament which makes Harden so special.

I'm not sure whether Lebron could or couldn't. I think he could.

This is also why Howard couldn't do it, because WE SAW Howard here. He didn't want to buy into the philosophy, he wanted post ups, touches, and few pick and rolls.

Harden adapts so well. Adapts to the players around him, adapts to the coaches philosophy. Adapts to the rules. This is why things like the 'Harden Rule' doesn't affect his game to a large degree. he will find another way.... EX: OHHH I can't go under guys arms to draw cheap 3 point fouls anymore? Fine, I've perfected this beautiful step back 3 instead.

#1222 Realjad, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    SFC-P likes this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Let's trade Harden to China for DMo. I hear he's triple-doubling it out there.

Jontro likes this.
  4. threepointshot3

Just put this Lin troll hakeemthgreat aka brewer goat and a million other ids on ignore.

adw, RiceRockets and vlaurelio like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Funny thing is some of these people are deluded enough to think Houston would be one half the FA destination it is now without Harden.

Let's forget all the FA snubs in the past decades.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

And you would be foolish to base Harden's success on MDA's system. Stop getting your talking points from people at ESPN that are paid to be divisive and to get attention and clicks.

Steve Nash didn't have seasons like this, even under MDA.
    Neither did Kobe.
    Neither did Carmelo.
    CP3, as great as he has been for us (and he has been phenomenal) has't done this season when Harden was out

I am also a pure HOUSTON ROCKETS fan (although putting in caps doesn't make me any more of a fan). I am not a Harden bootlicker, but I am incredibly glad he is on our team. He is the reason that attracted Dwight- which looked promising at first before it fizzled, and the reason we attracted CP3. He is the reason we finally were able to get off of the treadmill of mediocrity, finishing 8th or 9th every season with the 14th pick, and trying and failing to attract a star free agent, any star free agent, every offseason.
    He is the main reason we have the best start in franchise history and the most legitimate chance to compete for a title that we have had in 20 years.

Anyone even thinking of trading him is foolish

da_juice, RiceRockets and vlaurelio like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

so can we trade harden now while his stock is high or naw?

8. Invisible Fan

Only if we get Lonzo Ball, some draft picks moree turns into someone-like-Harden-but-not-Harden, and cable screentime on Lavar's circus shitshow

Jontro likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so who is the greatest facilitator/scorer or all-time? or who is the best in producing points combined by himself and thru assists?

do you think lebron is planning to JOIN harden or REPLACE harden?

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Currently has 41, which is showing absolutely no sportsmanship to the Heat.

I can't wait until Morey finds a gullible team to offload this locker room cancer, to.

vlaurelio and Jontro like this.
  11. threepointshot3

Let’s trade the best scorer in the game who has another good 5 to 6 years in him

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

we don't have anyone in our roster that could be flipped for lonzo. our best bet is to tank for lacarmelo.

13. Invisible Fan

Moneyball doesn't tank. Good thing we have Harden to trade for Cleveland's Boston pick

Jontro likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

You don't try to lowball other teams. That creates friction, and Cleveland might not want to trade with us, in the future.

Besides, Harden is clearly only worth Cleveland's 2026 second round pick.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

too bad the trade deadline has passed because James winning POTW again has got to up his trade value again, no? :D

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

irony...

17. riko

riko Member

So many foolish looking morons in this thread . Trading a top 3 player and the league MVP ?

s3ts, Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I want to call out the sheer amount of BS in this post but I am concerned of how offended both bulls and their feces would be by the association.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what would you love the most for the rockets to achieve??

20. macan

macan Member

is OP still around? or maybe he's gone like LOF