1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

eman likes this.
  3. eman

eman Contributing Member

I want athletic hustle guys who will ALWAYS run hard, play smart, keep the ball moving, defend, rebound, and, above all else, put team before self.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Need a bundle of lottery picks, at least 1 unprotected possible top 5.

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Of course, with my luck, we'll acquire Carmelo Anthony this off-season.

7. Daddy Long Legs

This thread is retarted.

With all due respect

Deuce and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. JayZ750

See which team ends up with this year's #1 pick.

I personally think Fultz is the real deal holyfield.

Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Sixers, TWolves (maybe) all likely willing to give up #1 pick plus, in order to get a current star like Harden. Not sure about Orlando Magic - they probably want to keep it, and don't really have anything enticing beyond that pick if I'm the Rockets. Kings and Mavs probably keep it. Hornets...? If they somehow land that top pick would they move Kemba and the #1 pick for Harden?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...is this what the whole offseason is gonna be? Thinking up bad Harden trades that aren't going to happen?

October cannot come soon enough...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Give it a rest idiot. You started a thread keep you're dumb trade ideas there.

11. JayZ750

Yes, you should definitely be looking forward to October, for another rinse, wash repeat season of solid, but not good enough.

Lol. Bash trades all you want. Harden ain't leading this team to a championship. If you think otherwise, you haven't been watching.

12. JayZ750

Put me on ignore, or just ignore me, moron.
    What kind of d******d doesn't want to read posts by somebody on a message board about posting opinions, only then to go on and read those posts and then make condescending remarks towards that poster? Only true assholes.

You're literally replying on a thread title Trade Harden. Lol. What an idiot.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...I'll gladly bash aggressively stupid trades like Harden for Kemba Walker

Also...you would have gladly taken this season last offseason. You're just one of the many grass-is-greener guys who assume we have the most miserable existence in the NBA. I mean...you're talking yourself into Harden for Kemba Walker trades.

Give me a moment. I'm gonna need a few more hours to quit laughing.

14. JayZ750

Ok, go for it. Like I said, bash away.
    Or propose your own, in a thread about trading harden.

Kemba Walker plus the #1 pick this year for Harden was the proposed trade, so at least quote it right if you're going to bash it.

15. Daddy Long Legs

I got your back on calling out posters being condescending. I hate that crap. Also hate the name calling on message boards that are only here for us to post opinions.

That being said, i think trading james harden is a very emotional and foolish decision. Im with these other posters in substance.

...... With all due respect lol

kjayp likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

It could be kemba walker + wiggins or kemba walker + bennett lol.

Number 1 picks dont guarantee stardom. Harden guarantees stardom

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean I guess I just don't see the point of proposing dumb Harden trades that aren't going to happen, since luckily Daryl Morey isn't desperate to trade away one of the best players in the NBA in his prime because of one game, but hey...to each their own.

I mean...I get it...it's (I guess?) fun to be sad and think everything miserable so let's just make random trades for the sake of making random trades. It's definitely a good "grass-is-greener" coping mechanism.

#277 J Sizzle, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  18. Daddy Long Legs

This thread is trash and pretty ridiculous

With all due respect

[​IMG]

#278 Daddy Long Legs, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    J Sizzle likes this.
  19. JayZ750

There's no point in proposing any Harden trades, really then, or starting a thread called Trade Harden.

But its here, because that's what we do. There are other threads about how to try and improve teh team around Harden.

And mind you, this isn't being sad, or trying to cope. This is just being a realist.

Also... I think DM would not be opposed to trading Harden. I mean he wouldn't just trade him for a bag of chips. But he loves high variance moves, because he recognizes that's what's needed in the league. Hence his love of the Hinkie approach. It's Les that wouldn't touch it.

Oh, and P.S.S. - again this isn't Harden bashing. I'd actually agree that there is basically no realistic trade out there that gets you back a current player and improves the team. All the guys the whole board would likely universally have, won't be trade for Harden. The rest of the guys aren't as good. It's why you also end up with "would you trade Harden for Westbrook" threads... because that's literally the only even remotely close sideways trade that is close to ever happening. all of which leads to the obvious conclusion... if you were to discuss trading Harden, you'd have to do so for a return that includes a haul of draft picks.

20. JayZ750

It could be. There's no guarantee. But we do at least have a feel for this draft. It is not a Bennett draft, lol.

I don't exclusively follow the draft, college basketball, etc.... but am enough of a basketball junkie to be in the know, and to watch NBA combine stuff you're now seeing on espn. There is universal consensus that this will be a strong draft and that Fultz will be really good.

But sure, in any case, you don't know.

but the point in a trade harden thread, as I just pointed out, is that you can't trade harden and get back a harden like player who happens to perform better in the postseason. that guy doesn't exist or wouldn't be traded for Harden by the opposing team. so if discussing harden trades, you have to discuss top 3 lotto picks.

Jake Tower and Daddy Long Legs like this.