1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline wishlist...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jan 30, 2018.

?

What posistion of need is most important for Morey to address?

1. Back-up Center

37.6%
  2. Back-up PG

9.2%
  3. We shouldn't mess with chemistry..no trades at the deadline.

4.3%
  4. As long as we get rid of Ryno I'll be satisfied.

48.9%
  1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yep, and his apprehension to shooting 3s is taking a bit of a toll on CP3/Harden I'd surmise. They usually get a good chunk of their assists from his 3s. It's gotta be discouraging to create and pass it to an open sharp shooter just to either turn the ball over or get the ball back and waste a possession because said person didn't just take a chance and shoot as he did early on in the season.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I Ann absolutely with you on that front.

I think it’s part mental about getting close to the deadline. He’s human, hears the rumblings and is letting it effect him.

I believe, after the deadline he shakes off whatever is ailing him. I wish he had the confidence to shoot unconsciously but he doesn’t. But he is way too tepid right now and that likely has a lot to do with him having no confidence in being here past this year.

oelman44 likes this.
  3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I wish he had the gunslinging mentality that Green has...seriously.

HakeemOnlyFan, s3ts and BigMaloe like this.
  4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

he's obviously not the key to beating the Warriors as evidenced by the last Rockets-GSW game that Rockets won.

But I'm sure you can agree that gunslinging Ryno makes the Rockets the best they can be.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah i perhaps phrased it clumsily but hes not underperforming we have the best offense in nba and hes an integral part of it...

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He couldn’t shoot at home last season. He can’t shoot at home this season.

He might be in a personal downer this year because of the trade rumors, but don’t kid yourself into thinking he would be lighting up the Toyota Center if he wasn’t the subject of trade rumors.

J.R. and Vivi like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm not sure why/how this is still ignored as much as it is, i always see a lot of people talking about him being a scrub or a p***y (which may be true or not, i don't even want to talk about this now) but not as much about his problem with depth when he plays in TC, and it's the main reason why i think we should move Ryan, you cannot have a player who's just not able to perform at 100% in every home game, regardless of how bad/good he is.

Nook likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

Absolutely it’s a useful stat. And it has compounded with the eye test, that he has under performed.

I’m not trying to argue how good he has been, but rather the cost of moving him, plus the return we would net would make us a worse team this year.

Yeah of course he’s overpaid. He should be a bench player, and tbh he has been getting bench player minutes because of his “shook” he’s acted.

But his salary doesn’t affect us this year. Going forward absolutely we want to move on, get more flexible in hopes for upgrades, ie lebron, and shedding his contract will be important in the following years.

He has been been, I agree, especially these past 2 months.

But the first month? He was performing greatly to the point where people were glad we didn’t trade him for melo.

He’s not a great player, but he can be pretty good. We need THAT back for this year more so than flexibility or a lesser talent. Again that’s for this year not going forward.

I
    Yes I do think he would.

But that’s not a plausible scenario, at all.

Shedding his salary, losing depth and getting worse is not worth the cost it requires. Which would be at least a 1st or more. Or maybe capela.

Trading future 1sts, right now rather than after the draft, makes our flexibility significantly worse going forward.

Saddling capela to move Ryan makes us significantly worse right now and also hurts our flexibility going forward.

The best possible trade I could see is Tyson Chandler and Dudley for Ryan Anderson.

It doesn’t really hurt us a lot but also adds some things we need while getting slightly more flexible

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Reading your post; I just realize Pj Tucker hasn't really had to guard the perimeter that much this season.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Anderson for Chandler/Dudley would be an absolute steal for us.

Frees us from Ryno’s life-ruining contract and adds two rotation players.

Chandler’s role would be obvious, but take a look at Dudley’s +/- numbers. They’re outstanding. Our PF rotation would be interesting with a bunch of undersized natural 3’s, but I’m okay with it.

HakeemOnlyFan and 1Deep like this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

As much as Ryno has been sucking, what we really really lack is a back-up C/PF

As soon as Capela sits, we lose all our interior defense. It's ridiculous.

Nene is good, I'm not gonna complain. But he can only play so much, and Tarik Black is, as far as I've seen, useless save for like 1/2 game(s) this season.

I don't care about Mr. Fertitta or Mr. Morey burning that money. They're rich, let em do what they do.

But we need a back-up C in order to make a deep run. We're likely matching up w/ SAS's LMA and KL. And then we gotta match up w/ GSW's Dray/KD.

We need a back-up C/PF. If we can get one, I can care less about Ryno using up 10 minutes/game.

BigMaloe and 1Deep like this.
  12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

It would be, but I doubt PHX wants to take on another body at the 4 with Chriss and Bender waiting in the wings.

baller4life315 likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

That makes the most sense why give up something that you already here to get something tat may not work out.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

A big and another wing. If Ryno leaves, another forward as well. Most importantly is another wing though who is defensive minded as we need insurance for Ariza, Luc and Tucker in case one of them gets hurt.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's not plausible but does point to general overall value.

As much as many of us are ready to jettison Ryan, I still think most of us are not suggesting we move Capela in order to shed Ryan or something like that. At least I'd agree that's crazy.

Frankly, I'm tired of moving first round picks even, not that they have one to move anytime soon.

All of which makes his slump more frustrating. If he was at least playing average, MAYBE you could have still convinced someone to take him for the same reasons you're saying he's valuable.

I keep going back to Philly with him, or a team like Milwaukee, cause those squads could both really use a stretch 4 type shooter.

But neither really wants to be saddled with that contract (and the Bucks are just about to get Parker back anyway).

To your point... probably isn't many reasonable trades out there, but who knows...

BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

18. BigMaloe

I absolutely get the salary frustration.

Us as rockets fans have been spoiled when it comes to flexibility. We just don’t like this feeling of a difficult contract to move because it’s almost foreign to us as fans.

We just have to be patient and wait until the offseason when it will be easier to move and doesn’t hurt our outlook this year. We will have more assets needed to move him as well as the cost to dump him will be less than it is now.

In the offseason we could dump him for nothing and it’s viewed by the team and fans as moving on and going a different direction.

But doing so during the year, in which you look like the only true challenger to the warriors, it seems like throwing the season away for flexibility.

Flexibility doesn’t win games. It absolutely is crucial to improving the roster and going forward, but in season to get worse for flexibility is the wrong move when you have championship aspirations

YOLO likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is fair... except I don't think it will be easy to move him in the offseason, either. He'll still have 2 years at $20+ million.

So to the extent there might be a trade partner now, of course you have to explore it.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member