1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline wishlist...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jan 30, 2018.

?

What posistion of need is most important for Morey to address?

1. Back-up Center

37.6%
  2. Back-up PG

9.2%
  3. We shouldn't mess with chemistry..no trades at the deadline.

4.3%
  4. As long as we get rid of Ryno I'll be satisfied.

48.9%
  1. today

today Contributing Member

Thanks for posting Deuce!

From Cod's signature, plus my quick guesses. I don't have time to research these all out, so I'd love to hear what everyone thinks...

----------------------------------------------------------
    1) >> Slowly, lacing em' up for a last run.
    Older vet making his last playoff run?

2) >> Stay put?
    ??????

3) >> Believe in the burning magic of the Rox, instead of focusing on who may be culpable.

Burning = Phoenix ?
    Magic = Orlando... probably would have capitalized the M if he was referring to the Lakers & Magic
    Able = ????

4) >> 1/1-2-8: The battle of the untouchables::: 'FreeCrack'. Kyle RockyMountainHorrorShow . BigSacs.

FreeCrack = ???
    Kyle RockyMountainHorrorShow = Kyle O'Quinn? Nuggets?
    BigSacs = Kosta Koufos?
    My guess is that he's saying that from 1/1 to 2/8, maybe one of these "untouchables" will become available.

5) >> #FreeBirds #FreeBird s #F ee Bi d$

#FreeBird s = Freebird Space-s? Referring to a Freebird that gives spacing?
    #F ee Bi d$ = RR$ = ???

6) >> It's a burning/stinging/frying feeling that doesn't require Keith Jones. 3 options, choose your debt (fingers crossed) C M T C W F

burning = Phoenix
    stinging = Hornets? Or maybe a deal that requires us losing a rotation player.
    frying = Channing Frye?
    C M T C W F = CM, TC, WF = TC - Tyson Chandler, CM - ???, WF - ???
    C M T C W F = pairing from outside in: CF, MW, TC = TC - Tyson Chandler, CF - Channing Frye, WM - ???

7) >> Fun Fact: Sam Presti swooped in for Taj/Dougie, and then for Me70...he must idolize DM, while unintentionally burning a nobody (me).

Who is the "nobody" that Presti burned?

HTX Ninja likes this.
  2. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

WM = Wesley Matthews.

today likes this.
  3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The sig is a lot more basic and understandable now that it has been shortened greatly.

Battle of the untouchables might not mean that it is a player that is coming to us or getting traded by us. The players/aliases listed afterwards should be: Kyle O'Quinn, Mason Plumlee, Kosta Koufos, and one other player in 'FreeCrack'. FreeCrack may possible be Tyson Chandler. It makes sense in the context of Cod's last post simply saying "Bigs." All of those players aside from maybe Chandler are also battling against another player at their position: Quinn v Kanter (LOL), Mason v Plumlee, and Kosta v Willie. Chandler v Len/Monroe ? One of these four bigs will be a Rocket although I'm still not sure if FreeCrack is Tyson Chandler. The other three seem accurate.

The 2nd part of his sig is burning/stinging/frying feeling. Since the riddle above is about centers then this may go back to guards or forwards, and could possibly hurt more since we will choose a "debt." I won't try to decipher this since it would be just me guessing.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd like a center .... and a viable option to take Ryno's minutes at the 4.

Dallas Salah Mejri would be a cheap option at center if Cuban is willing to deal him , his contract is up after the season but he's an RFA and probably wont cost a fortune to retain.

At the 4 spot .... I have a want and no reasonable idea's to fix it that doesn't derail the offseason.

Cashmoney likes this.
  5. jogo

jogo Member

This is nice.

"RR" taken out of Free Birds could be Rajon Rondo. He's a pelican (bird).

6. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

So everyone loves the idea of a backup center and getting rid of Anderson but no one likes my trade proposal thread I made earlier today that literally achieved both those things and only got one like.

Anderson + Gordon for Williams + Jordan is an obvious move for the Rockets to do . . . the only thing is the Clippers probably wouldn't do it.

And Anderson + Gordon + Nene for Williams + Jordan + Harrell is just an blatantly obvious move to make.

It even clears the books for the offseason summer of Lebron where Gordon would have to be released anyway.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Give me Speights please, he could do wonders with that 3pt shot in our system and he cannot be bullied. That boy big!

D-rock, Cashmoney, mike2k132 and 2 others like this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

spieghts would a big upgrade as a backup C/F

would allow us to move black for pg depth.

9. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Williams can't be traded to the Rockets and so is Harrell.

10. today

Are there any potential PF buyout candidates that can shoot the 3 and defend? Just wondering how we fill the gap if Ryno leaves at the deadline.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It looks like there is a strong chance the Rockets can address that after the buyouts though. Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler, Nerlens Noel, don't hate me but Joakim Noah, etc. It appears there are quite a few centers that could become available.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Ryan is not getting traded bro, i feel sorry to tell you this ;)

With that said, not sure what PF/C with range will be bought out...i'd say Frye if he gets traded and Speights (they're more centers and both suck on defense though), other than them i don't know...as a 4 Ilyasova might be a solid pick up but via trade, i don't expect the Hawks to buy him out even though it's possible i guess.

today likes this.
  13. today

Agreed, I think it's going to take a 1st rounder to get rid of Ryno, and I don't see us doing that. 75% chance he stays IMO. But you have to have a reasonable replacement line up if he goes, hence the desire to review options.

I like your Ilyasova idea, but I'm not familiar with his defensive skills. The one thing I appreciate about Anderson is that he hustles and sacrifices his body all the time, so I don't want to take a dip in that area.

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

We are set at every position except a capable backup big and a starting 4

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually think it's going to take more than a 1st but i hope you're right eventually, but yeah, i agree that i don't see that happening.

As for Ilyasova i didn't follow him recently tbh, but he was always a solid shooter and rebounder, decent defender, unless he declined a lot he should be decent enough to fill 20 minutes per game, he's also expiring in a tanking team so, he should be pretty cheap eventually.

And yeah, that's actually something i like to give credit to Ryan, he tries, he's just limited in some aspects of the game but eh, not his fault.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Josh Smith says hello

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok run sucks. But he still draws a man so I'm not totally mad if we don't trade him. He might play better after the trade deadline. I think we need josh Smith, Tyson or speights. N Brandon Jennings. Add those 3 players n we win a ship. I can almost guarantee it

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Very true, but we also don’t provide very much playing time.

So guys like Noel wouldn’t wanna sign and possibly many of the older guys. We are surely attractive for ring chasers but we already have “3” bigs. So we don’t provide a great fit.

But trading black+whatever for a more competent player around nene’s tier is surely an option.

A guy like mo speights who’s likely almost free and expires. O’quinn is interesting. Guys like that I can see being a target.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Onauaku to Philly for Richuan Holmes
    T Williams to ATL for Babbitt (AKA Ryno lite)
    Ship! ;)

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or Nerlens Noel.