1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5 reasons I hate the Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mollamar, May 24, 2011.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So should we be emulating this years Spurs and Lakers and not this years Mavs?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say the Mavericks success was sudden.

Jason Kidd
    Shawn Marion
    Caron Bulter
    Tyson Chandler
    Peja

Those are all big name players that the Rockets fans want to acquire at some point in time.

Rick Carisle is a good coach. We had a good Rick once.

3. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

It sounds like this is your first time ever watching Dirk? You must have forgotten the soft, flopping, and whining part. No doubt the man has skills, but that doesn't warrant some of the blind love he's suddenly getting. I'm still not a fan.

4. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

If we are talking the winningest teams within the past decade, yes.

5. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

It's not the first time I'm watching Dirk. :rolleyes: He's a great player, who has stepped up his game in this playoffs -- with HIS team, not running away to ride on coat tails of someone else. I've always liked him, and now he's earned even more of my respect. Hope he can finish off the job.

6. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

How would getting any of those players help our squads of the past when they were on the table? The Yao and Tmac experiment ended in failure, I get it. I didn't enjoy the result either. What I don't get is why you'd want to build your team like the Mavs, who have yet to win anything in the past decade.

7. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Dirk is a d-bag.

That said, he's playing out of his mind right now and it's kinda fun to watch....from a basketball-fan-only perspective.

8. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

You just like floppy, whiny players then? :rolleyes:

"Riding on the coat tails?" If you've watched any Heat games, you'd know, it's LeBron's team now.

Honestly...some of you would rather have Dirk than Lebron on your team? Y'all are kidding right?

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they're the OKC thunder, not the OKC sonics

10. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Yes, I like him, and "whiny, floppy" is just a matter of your perception (or hate).

And yes, I think a player who doesn't go team up with another star to ring chase in final part of his career deserves respect.

I don't know where you get Dirk is better than LBJ idea from here, obviously Lebron is better. I am just rooting for Dirk because I like him and respect him more.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets fans are salty that the Mavs have been better than us for the last 10 years.

I hate the Mavs(and every other team) when the Rockets play them, that's it...with the exception of the Heat who I dislike because they were exceptional douchebags.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The dude has to be doing that on purpose.

In response to a 2 sentence post, so maybe not.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I could never, ever, ever cheer for the Mavpricks. In fact, seeing them win a championship could take a toll on my mental health. It's just in my blood. Every encounter I've had with a Mavs fan has been super annoying, I loathe Cuban for being a whiny b****, and frankly Dirk can eat a dick. If the Mavs don't win a championship in this era, my life will be better for it.

14. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

More power to ya (I guess?) Understand that many don't like the soft euro-style of play though.

You must hate Drexler too.

With all the love Dirk is getting on this board, you'd be surprised.

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I am not saying that. But Collison did defended Dirk extremely well in the 4th. Dude was all over him when Dirk drive to the basket. Just reminds of me how Robinson was chasing Dream back in 1995.

1 person likes this.
  16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I clearly stated "this years" teams.

17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Dirk is a great player and a humble guy. He improved every year in the league. Also, he stayed royal to his team. That's a lot more than what you can ask for compared to d-bag ring-chaser like LeBron.

18. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Winning is winning. You must be thinking small to only look at this year's teams.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that combination is in the WCF right now.

What's the big free agent we've landed since the last time the Mavs made the finals?

20. Soybean Fanatic

I don't understand this.

Comparing the Mavs to the Heat is like comparing France to South Korea.

Yes, the French may be annoying and smelly, they eat innocent green frogs and do other despicable things. But if you compare them to South Korea, you've got to put these things in perspective.