1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5 reasons I hate the Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mollamar, May 24, 2011.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Thank you

couldn't have said it better myself

2. hairyme

hairyme Member

I think my hate for the Mavs stem more from a general Houston-Dallas rivalry rather than any real hate for the actual team. I wouldn't expect Mavs hate to be universal outside of Houston--they've been consistently good for awhile now and Dirk is obviously legit. Also, none of their players are particularly controversial or polarizing.

That considered, I wonder how many of those professing to be rooting for Dallas in the playoffs are not from Houston. I couldn't fault someone outside of Houston for liking the Mavs... as for those from Houston, well, you should know better.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I used to hate Dirk for his flopping and how he always killed the Rockets. But then, we also have a much better flopper in Scola. Beside, his flopping is no where as ridiculous as with AK47/Bosh/Harden.

Now I have a lots of respect for Dirk. They have several miserable years after the 2006 flop, but Dirk has improved since and stayed loyal. I can respect that.

4. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Nice that you didn't actually reply any the points in my previous post, but sure, I'll play.

You seem to imply that I'm short sighted. Please remind me who the NBA Champs were for the last decade. "Hey, look, there's Dallas! Oh wait, knocked out in 2006. I know, let's build our team like them! Damn I wish WE had Cuban!"

The Rockets being mediocre since the last time the Mavs went to the finals does not warrant this type of unashamed Mav love.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

someones still mad about last night

this

and this

only dirk and terry remain from that 06 team tons of change has

happened since

6. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

I don't get it. Were you trying to imply that the French = Mavs and Heat = South Korea?

If so, that's a terrible comparison, one that would easily sway to South Korea.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Dirk has awesome hair

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand you are trying to position yourself as a Houston superfan.
    The 'hate' thread wouldn't appear if they did not make the WCF.

Yes I'm watching the WCF and that doesn't make me a Mavs or OKC fan, just a basketball fan.

So if the Rockets were to have Cuban as the new owner would you stop being a Rockets fan?

Mario Elie was an assitant coach for the Mavericks? Has he lost his credibility as a Rockets hero?

1 person likes this.
  9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Seems like a few nonsequiter strawmen thrown out there, tinman.

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Cool, keep ignoring my points, and move on with your own.

I'd still be a Rockets fan with Cuban, sure. I wouldn't like it, and I certainly wouldn't be ecstatic, but that's the way it goes. Rich people buy teams. Point being?

Again, Mario Ellie being a Mavs assistant? He got a job. Don't care, doesn't take away from anything he did. Again, point being?

It's not BLIND Mavs hate you know. I have my reasons, but the Mav love is still unwarranted in my opinion.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

What is the Mavs love here?

people thinking Jason Kidd is playing well?
    Impressed with Dirk's WCF performance?
    wishing we had a new owner?

what's your definition?

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

one reason and one reason only: Dallas. my friends from Dallas are insufferable about sports there. i don't want to hear it from them. i've had the NBA over them since 1994...i'm not interested in losing that.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Repped! At the end of the day I'm a baker all fan and enjoy a good game being played regardless if it's the Rockets or any other team.

14. SunsRocketsfan

See now that I can agree with cause it actually makes sense. But you have guys on here who are hating on some dudes hair?

But if it comes down to it ..
    I'd root for Dirk over Lebron any day. Doesnt matter what team he's on unless he was on the Rockets :grin:

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I don't mind seeing the Mavs b**** slap the Heat in the finals, since Chicago apparently cannot get the job done.

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

But you took the time to find and post 2 images... hmmmmm

17. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

I know you read the board a tad bit more than that, so I KNOW you know it is a bit more than the things you stated. Don't try to imply otherwise.

It's clearly all the fans that have suddenly loaded up on the Mavs bandwagon. I don't remember this much love for them in '06.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh yeah the Lakers.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3O7vTDquPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J_QKSDQSyZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh wait, Houston fan, how about this one?

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UWekj2wcXes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hold on now super fan, last one
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgqUZ1IAA_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Terry can be annoying, but you got to respect Dirk for what he is doing. I don't particularly like him, but I'm rooting for him. The HEAT are the bad guys here.

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I hate them because of 2005 and The Cuban Guy. I wish they never win a ring.

I gained some respect for Dirk, though. He manned up. He doesn't whine and flop so much anymore. Even when being pushed around hard by Collins, he sees only one goal. I admire determination and winning attitude.

With Thunder as opponent I just want to get some good basketball and don't care about the outcome. I can't stand the guys with constant WTF facial expression (Westbrook, Perkins), so I can't stand the Thunder as well. I hope the East wins it this year..