1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5 reasons I hate the Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mollamar, May 24, 2011.

1. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Awesome thread, too many Dallas fans in here. I always feel like a team takes on its city's personality, and it's def has been true for the Mavs. Arrogant, whiny **** talkers, just like their fans. F other Texas teams...as far as I'm concerned, Dallas isn't even a part of Texas...I mean why the hell would a city in Texas want to be in California?

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldnt say there are 5 reasons, more like a million and 5.. It starts with being a 2nd rate runt that won't shut his w**** mouth, and then drops off steeply from there...

Dallas doesn't deserve its own thread the same way that corn in my turd doesnt deserve the recognition its getting right now.

F dallas and the whorse she rode in on.

1 person likes this.
  3. houseofglass21

Those are some utterly stupid reasons to hate a team. Basically you hate them because they were better than us and you're still pissed the Rockets choked in 2005. Get over it and move the **** on with your life

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Dude check yourself they were never better than us

[​IMG]

GTFO head north on I45 towards loserville

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I don't agree with this Houston first, Texas second garbage. I want my team to be the best in Texas. We don't need our rivals winning a Championship.

As of right now it's:
    1. Spurs
    2. Rockets
    3. Mavericks

6. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Overreaction at its finest, he was talking about the Yao/Tmac era not the Olajuwon era.

7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I can't believe that some of you guys would rather root for d-bag like LeBron, instead of classic guys like Dirk. Look, LeBron defected their home team to chase some cheap rings while Dirk stayed loyal. LeBron chose the path of least resistance while Dirk persisted.

Besides, Dirk's Game 1 and Game 4 performances are absolutely amazing. His torment of a great defender in Collison in the 4th quarter of game 4 is an absolute master piece, reminding me of Dream's domination of Robinson in 1995 WCF.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Never understood why Mark Cuban gets so much hate around here. He does everything possible to put together the best team he can if it means spending more than he should. I for one wish Les would spend a lot more to bring in a Shawn Marion or a Jason Kidd(before we started rebuilding of course)

9. JuLiO-R-

Robinson = Collison?

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

I love how Dirk is a "classic guy" now...

...and honestly, HONESTLY? You're comparing his performance to Dream's, really? :eek: Seriously this Dirk dick riding needs to stop.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this lol

there just mad les wont spend like cuban

12. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Payin' off refs and crying like a little b**** about fouls after every series isn't enough?

Oh wait, some people around here mistake that for "passion." :rolleyes:

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

your to much of a homer to give a great player credit

14. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

you're too much of a Mavs fan to be able to resist this thread to defend your team.

1 person likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Any true Rockets fan would love to have JASON TERRY on this team?

I think you're the one mistaken here.

Most of you guys in this thread must not mind Dallas because you don't interact with Dallas fans. Or didn't around 2005.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some people on this board seem to think acting like the extreme super fan is cool.

if they really hate the mavericks why even watch or make a thread about it?
    obviously they believe they are relevant.

the real passionate Rocket fans want the Rockets to be successful and emulating what a rival does for success.

If you remember the Mavericks before Cuban, they were a laughing stock.
    People give Les too much credit, he bought the team that Charlie Thomas/Steve Patterson built.

2 people like this.
  17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

5 reasons I only need one:

1. They are not the Rockets

18. JuLiO-R-

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Toyota+Center,+Polk+Street,+Houston,+TX&amp;daddr=2500+Victory+Ave,+Dallas,+Texas+75219+(American+Airlines+Center)&amp;geocode=FTT2xQEd9-NQ-iF4M2CjmPAXeA%3BFXtX9AEdDco6-iF8hyUxHYXe6g&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=pd&amp;sll=31.270615,-96.086741&amp;sspn=3.891766,8.453979&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=31.269161,-96.086426&amp;spn=3.04516,1.44962&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=Toyota+Center,+Polk+Street,+Houston,+TX&amp;daddr=2500+Victory+Ave,+Dallas,+Texas+75219+(American+Airlines+Center)&amp;geocode=FTT2xQEd9-NQ-iF4M2CjmPAXeA%3BFXtX9AEdDco6-iF8hyUxHYXe6g&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=pd&amp;sll=31.270615,-96.086741&amp;sspn=3.891766,8.453979&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=31.269161,-96.086426&amp;spn=3.04516,1.44962" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

19. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Seriously, this is something most of my female friends would say. Let’s hate on player for his hair do! I understand hating a team for deep bitter rivalry, but it sounds like Rockets battled Mavs once? In first round? I do not understand wishing failure for Dirk just because of douchey owner. On top of being a great basketball player who stayed loyal to his team, Dirk is just an all around good dude. Did you all see funny American show Punked where little kid actor asks Dirk to sign a million things while he is out eating? Dirk is so much kinder and patient than Lebron would ever be! I like Dirk, so I root for his team.

20. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

It's not about being an "extreme fan", or being "super cool." It's just knowing where your loyalties lie.

We should be emulating the Spurs and LA then. Sudden Mavs success doesn't warrant idolization.