1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tech/Ejection on Ron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

seriously you can not be that blind. Put 2 and 2 together. The 1st time he slit his throat. Yeah he may have intended to show that he got elbowed but there was no reason for his hand to go that close 2 his throat.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Kobe has given out 2 cheap shot elbows in a row, first on Shane, now on Ron.

NBA playoff coincidence or classless douchebagery?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unless you are a Laker Fan
    . . . which the makes the OP suspect . . .IMO

Rocket River

4. monster

monster Member

Is Joey Dorsey on the active roster? He just may have some value this year after all.

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

No, he did the right thing. No one would have noticed if he stayed shut like Battier. Kobe will be under a microscope here on out.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

tmac is that you? rooting for the lakers? anyways don't be stupid, how can you show he elbow you in the throat if you don't do it near your throat? that's just stupid. his fist is balled up and not in the index point cut throat sign

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I don't understand some of the people here. Kobe has been giving cheap shots to Battier and Ron since game one and Ron got sick of it. I'm proud that Ron stuck up for himself. It just tells the Lakers that we are no b****es and he even said after the game that they don't play dirty and that they arent going to take that. That's real players at there best cause Rockets have never been a dirty team. They win fair, they lose fair. Right from Ron's mouth

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So, you actually think he was telling Kobe he was going to slit his throat? With his hand in a fist? After he just confronted him face to face and did not do anything to him physically? Then preceded to do the elbow to the neck motion several times after that? After, all that it's your opinion that with the first motion he was telling Kobe he was going to kill him, simply because his hand was in your opinion to close to his neck on the first demonstration?

Use some common sense.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

exactly, the media is all over this story, and some writers are pressuring the nba to follow their own rules

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And if you truly believe that, then I've got some prime swampland real estate to sell you. There's no way that the league is going to clamp down on Kobe unless he goes insane and starts channeling Artest. You are talking about the runner up in this year's MVP voting - a guy with 3 championship rings. A guy who is one of the faces of the NBA. If anyone is under the microscope it's Artest. Everyone from the TV crew on down is waiting for him to meltdown.

11. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

There's a history with Kobe Bryant and his elbows. There's noway he throws another intentional elbow and he gets away with nothing.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Step 4 is not when Artest got ejected. He got a technical for talking to Kobe.

He did, however, get ejected for the thumb-across-the-throat motion ("you're dead"). Perhaps we should call that Step 5?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now I know why you are the most ignored poster on this board.

DD

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, that's what he was doing. :rolleyes:

The gesture was misconstrued and it's definitely what got him tossed. Right after Ron does the elbow motion Crawford gets all huffy and ejects him, although he didn't signal a technical. Not sure why the second technical wasn't given for that, which would have perfectly explained the ejection. Instead the refs decide to make it ambiguous.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He never did that. You have the benefit of youtube and you still can't see what he actually did?

16. acjeitherocket

man *** joey crawford..with his b**** a$$

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

If you read my post you would understand and know that i said Joey Crawford ejected Artest because Joey Crawford may have believed Artest was slicing his throat to Kobe.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What bothers me the most about this whole entire play is if it was the other way around, Ron elbowing Kobe, there would be a massive suspension on Ron and he would have been ejected from last nights game. It is a playoff foul, and doesn't warrant suspension, but, they would still do it. It bothers me how much preferential treatment Kobe gets. I swear, the other issue is that Ron will, will, will, elbow Kobe and he will be ejected for it. If the league does nothing, essentially they are saying this elbow to the throat thing is common place and OK.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The ejection was uncalled for but none of our guys can afford to over react.We are weaker than them. Adelman should talk to the refs,but we need to calm down.

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Say what you want about what happened, but I don't think anybody here saw a different outcome as the events occurred in real time. My heart definitely skipped a beat and I went "here we go again..." as Artest got in Kobe's face.

Considering what was already going on in the game, Artest's reaction as well as his past all played in the decision and those are circumstances you have to live with, having a player like him on your team. It wasn't fair looking back and hearing Artest speak on the incident after the game, but at that time, things were escalating quick and the referees made a decision that I believe most people here would've made as well.