1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tech/Ejection on Ron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sorry but somebody's going to have to explain how a lone tech w/no malicious intent and no punches thrown merits an automatic ejection. :confused:

2. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

obviously a misunderstanding - ron was telling refs/kobe what kobe did to him but it made it look liek ron was threatening to kill him with that neck motion. honestly, i was afraid for a moment, and im watching this at HOME, think what the refs think. it was a mistake, but not a TERRIBLE one given the circumstances

3. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

The CRAWFORD factor

When he went to break up the Scola situation earlier, he pushed him in a very uncalled for manner.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It's a Joey Crawford officiated game. What did you expect? :mad:

5. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I'm actually going to defend Joey Crawford on this one. I'm not saying it because Ron is involved; I'm saying it because of how this game feels right now. Does this feel to anyone else right now like The Palace at Auburn Hills? This feels like it could erupt any second.

Crawford tossed Artest to keep it from happening.

6. yonasb

yonasb Member

joey crawford is a b****

this is a playoff game you can not eject our best player

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Joey Crawford should get punched in the face by a player. The way he shoves them around is outrageous.

Throwing out Artest though was an overreaction but understandable considering who Ron is.

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree, but the problem is that Artest shouldn't have been called for the foul. At least not before a foul was called on Kobe.

What Artest did was understandable...totally upset from the unjust call, and then goin to Kobe to confront him about the dirty elbow to the throat.

9. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

The way he pushed Scola basically amounts to common assault imho. If Scola had come back and pushed him back, he would have been retaliating to being physically assaulted. I would have found it hard to resist

10. justtxyank

Sorry, but I'm going to disagree. Artest massively overreacted. Yes he was fouled under the basket, but there was no way the refs could see that foul. I do get why he'd be angry, but you just can't do what he did.

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I am wondering too. Though we probably would still lose this game with artest, they should give me a reason!!!!

12. KKick

KKick Member

Artest got elbowed like he said. And the ejection was uncalled for.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

OK so then call ONE technical on Artest. Not one + ejection.

14. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Crawford should be suspended, as well as Kobe. I hope Stu Jackson, who's at the game, has lots of good info to make that decision. It's the whole Lakers team who are playing dirtier than the hated Jazz.

15. tinypenguin

tinypenguin Member

Kobe is a jackass.... He elbowed Ron first but the ref was just soooooooooo unjust in this game!!!!!

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

<embed src="http://img531.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=T050709000700hp9" width="176" height="164" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

<embed src="http://img531.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=T050709000700vq9" width="176" height="164" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

:mad:

<embed src="http://img531.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=T050609235300gd4" width="176" height="164" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

17. natrix964909

natrix964909 Member

fat chance of that happening, its the NBA

18. justtxyank

Not arguing with you. I was disputing the idea that what Artest did was understandable. There's no way a reaction like that is ever a good idea. That he's Ron Artest made it much worse.

19. code_red

code_red Member

1) The refs didn't see the dirty elbow on Artest

2) Artest runs up and complains to Crawford

3) Crawford didn't see it, so there is nothing he can do

4) Artest then runs up in anger to Kobe, shoves his face in Kobe, and starts to talk up Kobe

Step 4) is what got Artest ejected. If the ref didn't see it, Artest has to walk away. Did you see Battier lose his cool after Kobe gave him a cheap shot with his knee while getting up? As cheap as Kobe is, Artest has to maintain his cool and walk away. Reprisals of any sort, even verbal reprisals, will get Artest thrown out.

20. Pocket Rockets

the thing is, would anyone even have noticed kobe threw an elbow if artest didnt make a scene?
    the officials were obviously looking because they did call a foul, just on the wrong person...
    at least kobes elbow will be reviewed by stu and hope we get justice for game 3

1 person likes this.