1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The ideal new coach for the Rockets is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Van Gundier, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

one with the following qualities, according to the Houston fans who have argued that Van Gundy should be fired because he's too negative and won't play our star rookies. The New coach should:

1. Give praises to his players generously.
    2. Have faith in young guys with potential and gives them playing time.
    3. Successfully develop young talent.
    3. be available to replace Van Gundy when Van Gundy is fired (so no Popovich, Jackson, etc).

Who might it be? Adelman? No, he only played a talented Kevin Martin 450 minutes as a rookie. Clearly hates rookies.

Check out the resume of this guy:

1. He recently had lot of nice things to say about his struggling team, even when one of his sourpuss vets said he was "sick of losing". No negative Nancy is he! Postive Patsy is NEVER sick of losing!

2. He gave a couple of guys in their early 20s starting jobs and does not let reality alter his decision because he knows the value of developing young players.

3. He successfully developed a star young big man who languished on the bench with another coach.

4. Isiah Thomas should soon be available once Jimmy Dolan stops being a reatard.

Isiah Thomas is the perfect coach for the Houston fan base.

#1 Van Gundier, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

nah he can have the knicks

3. compucomp

compucomp Member

Nice job by Van Gundier to expose the flawed arguments of the anti-JVG rants commonly found on this board.

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

We are having a good run and you're thinking of a new coach?

5. Postman9788

Postman9788 Member

all one needs to do is look at the state of the knicks and can easily see that isaiah thomas is a horrible coach and gm. his previous coaching stint at indiana also seems to support his idiocy

6. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

give me larry brown.

7. bigfishnyc

bigfishnyc Member

Actually the best coach for the Rockets is JEFF VAN GUNDY!!!!

8. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Larry "I won't play Lebron, Melo, or Wade" in the Olympics. Good luck to Novak and V Span getting off the bench. LOL

9. iBelieve

iBelieve Contributing Member

You smoking? We are on a 4-0 run and you want a new coach? Do we really need to develop young players that much when we have Yao, T-Mac, Battier and Wells all in their prime? BTW, if Van Gundy doesn't like young players, then why Chuck is in the starting lineup? :confused:

10. johnrox

johnrox Member

detector is broken, do we have an engineer in here? we need him pronto to write a program called SARCASM

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

adleman is our man if gundy is out.

12. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Heh. Good stuff.

The best part of this thread will be reading the replies of people who don't get it.

13. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

JVG is a great coach, he is capable of leading a team deep into playoffs. However, all the hard facts and superstitious things have shown he is not the most suitable coach for the Rockets. If he stayed as the head coach after this season, Houston would not see the Championship very soon. I've been a sports fan for over 20 years and I've watched all kinds of sports and read a lot of analysis and statistics, I believe I have the "sixth sense" to tell who's close to success. In short terms, JVG certainly can improve the Rockets, but in long terms, we must let him go.

Depending on how succussful you expect your Rockets team to be, make your coach judgment/selection accordingly.

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

We don't need a muthereffingmuthereffer we need...uh...whats nice....big bird...yeah...we need Big Bird to coach the team. just so he doesn't leave his feathers at home, the Rockets coach he can be.

15. johnrox

johnrox Member

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Only coach that can truly do something way better than JVG is Phil Jackson. Other than him, others will have same success. This is the championship season so this is a irrelevant thread. Rox are gonna win title and JVG is here to stay. Not that I can about coaches. PLAYERS WIN CHAMPiONSHIPs!

17. YaoMcGrady

YaoMcGrady Contributing Member

Bring Red back from the grave!

Too soon..........

18. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I'm for hire, call me.

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I like vangundier's sense of humor as much as the next guy, but when the bbs is so busy and cluttered with threads, a sarcastic joke thread topic just adds the the confusion and disorganization of the board. This is one, I would have kept on the shelf.

20. johnrox

johnrox Member

confusion and disorganization? huh?

is it offensive?