1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Facts about the Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Jan 20, 2018.

1. dmoneybangbang

Reagan’s mistake was not going hard after employers who are responsible for illegal immigration and we are repeating that same mistake. A wall is a boondoggle when it’s along the world’s most travelled border between countries with 100s of billions in trade; people and drugs are going through legal check points.

I’m sorry but you’re wrong and you and your ilk won’t solve anything.

2. dmoneybangbang

Because the GOP controlled government is on their 4th continuing resolution and can’t make up their minds.

edwardc likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Lololol... his desk is completely empty..... no papers or anything.

#sadstagedphoto

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Matches what's going on in his head.

edwardc likes this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Looks like crump is the reason why the Government is shutdown
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says that the White House staff is making it "very difficult" for them to make a deal to reopen the government

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn’t want it reopened. His own son earlier today said it is advantageous for Trump to have a government shut down.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

And that's just sad these clowns don't mean any good America I just read that the WH voice mail is blaming the Dems on the shutdown SMH.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well....I mean, it's the Senate Democrats that did it, so why wouldn't people blame them? Support the decision if you like, but when you filibuster the bill that would have funded the government, you were the one that shut it down.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

which of you losers don't pay your bills because of politics? anybody call your mortage and say i'm not paying until you change your politics?!?! what a joke lol. bunch of idiots but i'm not mad... keep the entire government shutdown and keep showing the incompetence of career politicians.

for the record, i'm against daca because it's a **** program. also against dreamers act which has yet to pass because it's also too weak and has way too many requirements. daca clearly created more problems than is solved in the long run and dreamers would do the same. watered down solutions that still get thrown out is both sides b****ing out. and before you liberal zombies yell at me throwing blame at the republicans know that i blame both. blame the dems for writing that weak, complicated, ****, which they still can't get past, and the repubs for saying no to anything and everything no matter what it says. fack them all and fack the people who defend them too.

10. ipaman

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I never understood this logic. Liberals, who tout the line of tolerance and fairness, want to take away the means for a person to earn an income. These are the same people who want to allow sanctuary cities, provide healthcare and schooling and support DACA. In this fantasy world, what are all of these unemployed illegals suppose to do if you take away all of their jobs? Do you really think they are going back to Mexico and leaving their children behind?

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Maybe they should have checked the local golf courses?

13. conquistador#11

It will be the greatest intelligence briefing anyone has ever witnessed in the history of intelligence briefings. Just tremendously tremendous.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you want to be honest let’s be honest please.

Because of CHIP, as early as today, enough Dems will likely sign off on the 3 week CR that extends CHIP.

However... you need to also be honest here that GOP used CHIP as a bargaining chip. Bargaining with the lives of children because they knew it would create leverage for the Dems to vote for a bill that didn’t get them what they wanted. That’s pretty cold hearted man.

The govt shutdown isn’t the doom and gloom (yet) that the fear mongering Fox so-call News would lead you to believe. It affected very little over the weekend and the military still gets paid for a few more days. Even then, the CR’s have been the worst on the military. Not having a yearly budget has been terrible. If shutting down the govt for a few days gets the military a year long budget then pretty much every military person would be all for that I’m sure.

So relax ... we know the Dems will ultimately give them the votes and the govt will reopen. However a long term yearly budget... let’s be honest about whose responsibility that really is.

DACA and immigration should have a seperate bipartisan commission with a March deadline with an agreement from the WhiteHouse to sign anything that comes out of bipartisan talks. Oh wait... that’s already happened twice... and the president moved the goalposts after the racist alt right showed him he’d lose 2 approval points in the polls and get negative coverage on the daily stormer.

Again ... you want to be honest, let’s be honest. DACA should be seperate from a budget resolution I agree. However ... how else do you show the world the unwillingness of the president on immigration? The Dems will cave because it’s ultimately going to be the right thing to do, but it will have shown how we cannot move forward as country on anything with immigration with a president this married to the racist right. That’s a fact that we can no longer ignore.

#154 dobro1229, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Junkyard_Dog and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Latest trump lie from this AM:

And real Republicans responses:

16. ipaman

i don't ignore it. i've always said both parties and their members can suck a bag of dicks. let's hope they keep it all shutdown and continue to expose themselves.

17. ipaman

the daca democrats themselves had threatened and later admitted they would do this and yet you still won't acknowledge it. just admit it and stand by it for god sakes. i'd have more respect for those daca dems and you if you would admit it.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump is the main reason for this shutdown. After killing DACA....

Yes, I'm for a clean DACA (granted, he didn't understand what that meant). Yes, I'm for any agreement Congress comes up with. No, I must have my wall. No, I must have zealots anti-immigration. Dude just got no idea what he's doing is and is being jerked around constantly. He introduces massive chaos and confusion into an already fragile political crazes environment. He really should just go golfing and stay off twitter while people on both sides work to resolve this. Once that is done, he can then decide to veto or not.

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

trump on a number of instances said he was for a shutdown. His son then admits the shutdown benefits him. Hard to blame anyone else...

20. NewRoxFan

Oh, i believe McConnell and the trump/republicans...