1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Draft Pick Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Rockets_Fan15

Rockets_Fan15 Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P3ALwKeSEYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Dallas is 3 losses behind Memphis and Atlanta with 3 games left, so the Rockets will not be getting that pick this year.

Still a good trade chip in moving up though.

1 person likes this.
  3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't see Dallas moving into the top 10 so I doubt we get that pick. I'm cool with a lotto pick and a midrounder though, especially with ol buddy coming over next year. Hopefully we can package them and make a move.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think we currently have the 13th pick with little chance of getting the 12th from the Bucks.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yeah my mistake, for some reason the ESPN standings show the Bucks ahead of us

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

With the way we have been playing and the way McHale has suddenly changed his coaching plans I wouldn't be surprised if Morey has a couple "handshake" deals in place. He said he had been working on the Gasol deal for 4 months or something like that. Makes me wonder why all of a sudden we want 13 or 14th pick.

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

... after all, Howard's back surgery came out of nowhere just like our "plans to tank" did. I'm subscribing to this thread in case we trade Lowry, both picks and something else for Dwight this off season.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

trade 13/17 and either scola or martin to toronto for possibly top 5 pick maybe sixth????

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

If it were that easy, every team (yes mathematically possible :rolleyes:) would have a top five pick this year!

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Martin, Scola, & Lowry do have good trade value, but the problem is finding a buyer. Its just a limited market, and the fact that SOOOO many teams utterly tanked the hell out of this season means that most of those bad teams really, really want to strike gold in this years draft.

We are just going to have to wait and see if a team that doesn't have players that really fit what they are trying to build and really has a major need at the PG, SG, or PF spots and values what one of those three bring to the table.

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Boston lost tonight. If Boston and Orlando continue to drop, and the Mavericks win out, we have a shot at pick 20, correct?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Eureka!!!!! I forgot all about that. Good point!;)

13. today

today Contributing Member

If DAL ends up tied with BOS, DEN and/or ORL for that 10th best record, there will be a random drawing to break the tie. We'd better have a representative in that room...

For the 4/21 games, we'll be rooting for DAL to win @ CHI, ORL to lose @ UTH, and DEN to lose @ PHO.

#213 today, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  14. caneks

caneks Rookie

It is nice to have draft picks, but I am not going to pay much attention to it if they are not top 10s. Strategically, We need mainly focus on trade.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This year there are potential stars outside of the top 10, you guys underestimate this draft.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. This draft is severely underrated. Could possibly be the deepest in history because of the lockout.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Right now

NYK Pick: 16th (tied with Utah, they are 1-0 against Utah:confused:) Should be 15-17th when it's all said and done.
    HOU Pick: 13th
    DAL Pick: 17th (the Rockets are not getting it this year which is could be a good thing since they already have 2)

18. amaru

amaru Member

I wonder which pick will be used for the 6'8" pf we always end up with....

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

What are our chances at 12th or higher? Who do we have to fall behind and far ahead are we?

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If Milwaukee goes on a 3 game win streak and we lose our final game, do we have odds for 12th? We'd be tied with them.

I guess GO BUCKS!