1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Negative of Integration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Apr 4, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Probably because there are a lot more people you know. But probably not per capita

You do realize black people had a lot of their own businesses because of segregation

There is a lot written about this subject but not a lot of statistics

This is a good article

http://newafricanmagazine.com/how-the-1964-civil-rights-act-cost-black-america/

#81 pgabriel, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I understand blacks losing factory jobs but that's not unique to blacks.

Secondly that's just one phenomenon that's really more about the Midwest. Black neighborhoods all over America have fallen apart since integration

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're welcome know-nothing.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I politely asked which episode it was as it wasn't evident to me when I googled "Blacks in America" and Louis Gates. You told me what you thought it was called. I found what looked like the one you referenced and politely asked if that was the one. For some reason you chose to go off on me after that.

marky :) likes this.
  5. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

If middle class blacks would take the responsibility of raising all the poor black fatherless kids then blacks would be fine. Sadly, middle class blacks aren't willing to support their brothers. If black people would take care of all the other blacks, why should the gov't???

It's like saying, if old people can't take care of old people, why should old people get social security?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because you've been incessantly fact checking me in several threads making stupid issues of small mistakes so excuse me for thinking you want to do it again.

Not gonna help poor do it

7. bobrek

All you had to do was say, “yep, that looks like the one”. I would have said “thanks” and that would have been that. But, you chose to take one of the only people in this thread who was politely asking questions and seeking more information and attack.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Your recent obsession with fact my posts is why I reached this way. Do you deny doing this recently?

9. bobrek

Fact check? If I see something questionable or inaccurate I will almost always mention it. You should see my FB postings. If someone posts something I suspect is wrong, I will take the time to research it and comment. Why would I deny doing that? It's something I wish everyone would do (rather than simply spew or quote misinformation). Believe me, there is nothing special about you that I target you. Shoot, go check out my posts in the Astros forum. Just within the past hour I read a post that said the Astros had a 6 run lead on the Royals back in the 2015 playoffs. I didn't remember it being 6 runs. I 'fact checked' him and it was a 4 run lead. I commented.

And, in this thread I am not fact checking anything. I am truly curious to watch the episode you were referencing. As I mentioned, it was not evident from the episode guides I found. I politely asked. You answered. I googled and apparently found it. Again, I politely asked to see if it was the same one. At that point YOU went off. Again, all you had to say was 'yep, looks like it'. But you attacked.

I will continue to read poster's posts in threads that seem interesting. I will continue to 'fact check' EVERY SINGLE POST REGARDLESS OF THE POSTER that strikes me as potentially incorrect in an important point.

Again, if you don't want people to question the accuracy of your posts, don't post inaccurate information.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You did it obsessively in the oil thread and I was trying to tell you the specific prices weren't the point and you forced like ten posts on something I wasn't relying on to make my point.

Then the stuff in the second amendment thread was really ridiculous between us.

You created the tone for me to be suspect of your intentions

Look in the mirror. You like to advise others on etiquette in, take a look at yourself.

Not to mention going back in time on how I used to post

So excuse me for being suspect. I used to look at you as well reasoned, not so much in the last couple of months

Edit: I understand now that were just interested but I'm apologizing for my initial reaction so lets drop it

#90 pgabriel, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The inertia of history plays a strong role in people's lives. My parents as Asian immigrants always chided other immigrants or the african american population for not being successful yet the pool of Asians that came over had to cross oceans and received visa's based on scientific prowess thereby skewing the type of Asians in the US. Their children tend to follow the patters of family and so on.

The cultural inertia of the black community is unfortunately in some parts not a positive one. There is a disillusionment with the system and what I fear is government programs attempting to help will eventually hurt the population.

The ROI from poor colleges is pretty bad so now you take a population without much income and replacing it with a group attempting to escape this poverty and then becoming debt ridden.

12. bobrek

None of that stuff has to be that way. If I point out an obvious error to anyone, they have the following options:

1. Acknowledge the error immediately and you're done. (That talking point is finished)

2. Move the goal posts (discussion moves in a different direction but the original error still exists)

3. Refuse to acknowledge the error.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In the second amendment thread I wasn't making a mistake iI was point and you were obsessing just like you're doing right now

Take a look at yourself

Edit. You seem to think I'm arrogant and don't think I make mistakes

I may be arrogant, I try not to be. I know I make mistakes

But you obsess. When I said Chicago was having it's worst murder rate in decades. You found an article that said it wasn't that but it was on that pace for more than half the year

Technically I was wrong but the point was still relevant

#93 pgabriel, Apr 5, 2018
  14. bobrek

I'm obsessing? Again, all you had to say was "yep that looks right" and this conversation would have been over posts ago. But, you chose to make it about me stalking you when all I did was be one of the few posters in this thread that was being respectful and polite. Simple solution to that...put me on ignore, because I will continue to point out errors in poster's posts and respond. If you don't want mistakes pointed out and questions asked about some of the details of your posts, either quit posting or put me on ignore.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro

I explained to you why I reacted that way in specifics. I'm not apologizing.
    Yes you're obsessing, I said I understand you weren't fact checking.

You followed me into the second amendment thread to point out missing a word and . joke about it.
    I explained why I do that but didn't deny making a mistake. How could I deny it.

Then you started on the "never happens" stupidity.

You create this like not shutting the **** up about this

Good Lord

16. bobrek

I'll keep obsessing on mistakes, wrong information, and replies to my posts. And you're right...the Lord is good.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm sure, but if you don't think you wrote that long ass response to me saying I know I make mistakes is obsessing

What was your purpose?

#97 pgabriel, Apr 5, 2018
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

mofo says you made a mistake saying something never happens that only happened once in over 200 years

Out your damn mind not agreeing that I was using a cliche

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your use of slang and colloquialisms seem incredibly forced and unnatural.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I never realized that institutionalized segregation was such a boon to the black community before "integration" came along and ruined such a productive beneficial consequence. Damn, ol' Jim Crow wasn't such a bad guy after all.

mdrowe00 and CometsWin like this.