1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Negative of Integration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Apr 4, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just drink when I'm popping your mom. That's why I'm always drunk

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So were the conservatives.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm sure if the poor black community put an emphasis on education like the poor Asian immigrants do, they wouldn't need rich middle class neighbors as role models.

Honestly who looks up to their neighbors as role models. I've known a lot of Asians growing up in crime ridden community housings projects and most of their kids ends up going to college.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Sorry for throwing this off with the term role models. There are a lot of problems created in areas with nothing but poor people.

Having productive strong homes for stability is a better way to put it. But as I stated earlier I don't expect people to move back

Again the ghettos are a result of the middle class leaving

#24 pgabriel, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is a cop out. Obama had a sixty Democrat Senate.

The government can't fix all problems

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're proving my point with every post.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It's not really a cop out.

Conservative cancer has spread throughout the country via governorships, state senates, local sheriffs, judges, etc.

Obama and sixty Democrats don't control that.

It's not black people need to take care of poor black people.

Its people need to take care of poor people. Your fundamental misunderstanding of this, is a laughable illustration of part of the problem.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When bill clinton had a good economy, with strong employment. the ghetto was hampered by crack. It's not just about jobs and money

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Offshore immigrant communities have the benefit of self selecting people that have enough drive/money/education to make it out.

My dad was an untrained fry cook with a masters in economics from Japan. Employers wanted Western accreditation, so he had to rely on his own community to make do. Americans have complained how insular those communities are, but it goes both ways. Much better nowadays, except for our penchant for singling out people who speak with accents...which I have as well.

Korean communities have a round robin system where families donate and give the pot to one family to invest in. That's where those jokes about laundrymats and convenience stores came from. It takes an incredible amount of trust to assume other families don't bail before it's your turn.

Do I think blacks or po wights should do this? No, because those communities are entrenched and have no active sense of belonging with their surroundings. With redlining and purposely starved government services, you just build bad blood. It's not about your neighbors as role model in the race against the bottom, it's about not being the worst of the worst. Similarly driven thinking of a "silent but angry" white Trump voter that an upscale or millennial Democrat won't understand.

Very Trumpian to sweep aside prior centuries encrusted context and assume that taking blame or responsibility is the first and last answer.

If you're really a student of racial integration and relations, read up on our treatment of First Nations. We've gone as far as breaking into their homes, tearing apart their families and relocating them to new foster families and apartment complexes. Lucky!

Did your one on one beer summit with Mr. Gates reveal that @pgabriel? That's a Trump inspired solution from the Good Ol Days.

#29 Invisible Fan, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  10. Major

Major Member

No, they are not all poor - as you said, the middle class black people have just moved to other neighborhoods. You seem to be suggesting that the negative of integration is that middle class black people got the opportunity to move to other neighborhoods that they prefer to live in.

Rashmon likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

Do you just make things up?

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wo... wait, what? Seriously, back of up this claim. Where is your source for this?

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not even talking about educated immigrants. Take the Vietnamese boat people for example, there were no self selecting at all, a large portion of them aren't educated. They were refugees from a war torn region with no money. A lot of them ended up in housing projects, but most of their second generation is succeeding in terms of education, even though most of the first generation were in poverty and worked dead end menial labors jobs.

pgabriel likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A couple of things. Hispanics don't come here with money and they also get stronger.

As far asvsweeping aside history, black communities like fifth ward strived in the 30's 40's and 50's. The middle class leaving for newly integrated communities is what created the ghetto not slavery. The very liberal Gates made that point. So I guess he was drinking with me *******

I'm at a hands on job typing on a cheap phone sorry for the mistakes

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Come out here and work some construction with me and you will see Hispanics contractor hiring Hispanics.

You never seen a Hispanic contractor? A Hispanic restaurant

What dimension do you live in

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Any group that makes it that way deserves all the credit. I'm just weary about the model minority trope that discredits legitimately poor immigrants living below the poverty line. That group also has had a rash of cases dealing with human trafficking which shouldn't be treated as an outsider problem.

What's also understated is the community itself. Immigrants who have a choice between an American ghetto or a poor ethnic enclave that share many things culturally will likely choose the latter. That creates a positive feedback loop that would otherwise flounder with the lack of government resources. The community picked up where the government was lacking. All the benefits of quasi-libertarianism eh?

Except without new blood/work/money, you see all the negatives like the ghettos in question.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You missed the whole point. Black neighborhoods were thriving before Integration

Everyone is missing the point. They weren't ghettos. Integration created the ghetto

I knows we is supposed to be happy to live among whites but that's not the spirit of Integration.

Integration is about freedom

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To some people, it almost seems as if this is exactly how T_J or his brother little_T would type if they somehow compromised or bought the rights to the account of former poster pgabs. They had a very long history of trying to antagonize pgabs, v1.

Now, I'm not suggesting that at all. Mercy, no! I'm just saying that some very intelligent people are talking about it.

[​IMG]

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don’t care about that part.

You didn’t answer the question on ‘we did (create jobs) before integration’.