1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Nash hates Dwight Howard's guts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 11, 2013.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/howard-495416-nash-lakers.html

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

God I hope we don't acquire this guy. I wanted him before this season. Now that I've seen how he has reacted to not getting his way 100% of the time? Not at all.

If he can't fall in line behind Kobe and Nash, there is no hope for him whatsoever. And honestly, at this point, I think he'd be our second option behind Harden. That would never fly with him.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I really hope we don't go after him

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I guess the question is will we ever see the old dwight howard again?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Link? Pic? Vid?

Oh yeah, and I don't want Howard on the Rockets anymore.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

**** Dwight I don't want any part of his diva ways. I would rather the Rockets go after Jefferson or Millsap.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm watching the YouTube clip and I don't think we see enough of the play (the most of it that you see is on the replay at the 0:17 mark), but -- and I'm not one to defend Howard -- I'm not sure what he was supposed to do exactly there.

Nash had a small opening to flip the ball to Howard as Nash drove under the hoop and Howard cut to the basket. He didn't pass it then. Howard was calling for the alleyoop because he had a mismatch there... I guess he could have moved to try to find a spot where Nash could get him the ball since he was doubled, but once Howard was under the basket, I don't know where he was supposed to go in that short timeframe to makes things easy for Nash.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

A reporter tweeted that Earl Clark muttered "MF" after D'antoni gave him a mini-coaching during a TO.

There is zero respect within that locker room, from anybody. So this is nothing b/t Nash and Dwight.

9. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

They hugged each other real quick during a timeout later in the game.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I agree. The author seemed to make a point to bash Howard in the article. They were ready to deflect the ball in that small opening if Dwight tried to move in between the defenders (assuming that's what the author meant as to what Dwight should do). I guess he could have moved out the paint but not much you can do in those 3 secs or whatever. Hard to put it all on Dwight for this one...

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

It was a really bad pass.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's the point. Nash had no choice but to make a bad pass because Howard spent all the time standing in one spot with his hands up.

Beyond that play it's clear he's not trying. He's flat footed most of the time. It's like he's not even willing to put himself close to feeling a hint of pain. Slow lateral movement, no vertical explosion, slow to reach/block...he's a liability out there.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Agreed. Was Nash expecting Howard to react to the trap in that short amount of time? Howard saw the mismatch, put his arms up for Nash to see, but by that time, the trap collapsed even more. It was a bang-bang play. I'm sure Nash has been frustrated with Howard for a very long time now, and this was just the boiling point.....but on this particular play, I really can't fault Howard all too much. If anything, it was Nash's fault for allowing himself to get into that position. He's clearly holding back on his efforts because he doesn't see a reason why he needs to ramp them up, but this play was pretty low on the totem pole. There have been plenty of more damning instances where he's clearly not giving 100%.

I still see Howard has being a diva, and that will not change. He's surrounded by a support system of friends, agents, and media who are all too happy to cater to his ego, and feed him lines about how HE'S the victim.....all for their own benefit.

14. CertifiedTroll

Dwight needs to put on his big boy pants.

15. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Drama, Drama, & Drama. Rockets fans like seeing this!! MONEY CANT BUY RINGS

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Let's sign him for the vet min

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Screw Nash and his ring chasing @ss.

He reminds me of Payton when he tried to have one last go with LA. It's over bro.

18. Awesome

Awesome Member

He also complained that Heat players were trying to hurt him.

I just want them to miss the playoffs so we can watch basketball and put the drama to the dogs.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And the report during the game confirmed what i had been thinking. Dwight caused his own back issues by overworking his shoulders/pecs. They said his compression shirt had to be approved by the league, and it's purpose is to actually open up his chest by keeping his shoulders back/aligned properly. The lats, which run down your back, are the antagonists to the shoulders, so that's going to cause or mimic back issues

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

While I'm not defending Howard or Nash, Howard could've slid out of the paint, which leave Chalmers either going hard double teaming on Nash who would've opened the pass to Howard for a dunk or make Wade guard Dwight to leave Kobe wide open with the passing lane created by getting Wade to leave Kobe.

Howard thought that he could've caught an "oop" to him, but Nash was too far under the basket to do so.

But Payton got one in Miami.... :)