1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Nash hates Dwight Howard's guts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 11, 2013.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Lakers should trade him to Brooklyn for Lopez and the dude who jack up those threes #33...works put for both teams

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LA was on his list... No. 3 or 4.... he could always clown around in the entertainment biz that is tinseltown

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If Morey feels like Dwight is a good pick-up, then I do. If not, whatever.

4. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

LA better trade Dwight for something because he will leave them for nothing this summer

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Do you have an opinion?

6. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Right now, I'm wagering we end up with the 8th seed with 45 wins. This isn't the eastern conference, a .500 will not get you into the playoffs.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Steve Nash tries so hard, I mean, look at the effort he puts in to lock down guys defensively.

Come to Houston, Dwight. This is where you belong.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think the real reason he is sucking this year is because Kobe doesn't want him there. Period. Kobe can't STAND to share the spotlight with a star of equal caliber to his own and he REALLY hates having to share the spotlight with a big guy.

He wants to be Michael. Michael did it without a dominant big man in the post (Paul is not on the same level as Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Duncan, Russell, Kareem, etc). In order to fulfill his legacy, he has to win the way Jordan won. In addition to not liking bigs, he hates anyone who is even remotely similiar to Shaq. Howard is a lot like Shaq personality wise but not nearly as imposing. Kobe sees Dwight as a child that he can and will bully the way Shaq bullied him. This is not a love/hate relationship. This is a hate/hate relationship. Kobe really doesn't want Dwight there and Dwight knows it. Dwight doesn't want to ruin his reputation by being the problem everywhere he goes but Kobe is forcing him out. Kobe is an a$$hole and nearly everyone in the league thinks so. He's letting Dwight know that he's walking on his turf and with that being said, Dwight better do what he wants. If I was Dwight, I wouldn't put up with the $hit either and would be buying my time to get the hell out. I'm not a Dwight lover but you can tell he is intimidated by Kobe. Screw Kobe

1 person likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good stuff rokman and it the hate goes further than that. The media has portrayed Dwight the cancer of the team. He's a good guy just like lebron was.

10. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

In Howard's defense, he is coming back from an injury much earlier than people normally do. He's been pretty durable his whole career. Kobe is basically asking him to risk his career so that Kobe can chase his ring. Don't think any young player is going to mortgage his future for Kobe.
    I'd take Howard in a heartbeat. Even if he's a diva...there is no one like him in basketball. He'd be a perfect fit for our offense.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you keep saying that, but you are just as wrong this time as you were last time when I responded with this.

and considering how much of a huge baby he has been this year, you can add that onto the reasons why I want no part of him.

You just keep running around in your Dwight Howard fanboy daze screaming from the rooftops about how if the Rockets got him we would all celebrate......speak for yourself cause you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO IDEA how the rest of us feel.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You want him to lob it to him as he's running under/behind the backboard?

Looking at it again, Nash wanted Howard to step in front of Chalmers(?) and seal him off. That would have given Nash a behind the back pass to Howard right under the rim. You can see Nash winds up for the pass when he stops his dribble, but sees Dwight is behind Chalmers, not in front. Another option would be for Dwight to step farther back, giving Nash a better target. Instead, Howard stands completely flat footed. Any time a player is flat footed with legs straight, he's not ready to make any kind of move.

#72 RV6, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

tbh. I wouldn't want him.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Dwight Howard has never missed an extended period of time due to injuries or any other reason during his NBA career. Do a little bit of research next time before making huge assumptions and acting as if he's Yao Ming.

1 person likes this.
  15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

can't blame him. he's a b****.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

17. Raven

Raven Member

If he comes back, he'll be handing his balls to Kobe.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sure he may not be as fragile but comeon dude...when it comes to any position big men are the MOST fragile and take the longest to recover. Sure Dwight may be injured, but he amplifies everything because of his state of mind and attitude, sometimes he just wants to be a little b****.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Edit, at this point, maybe he's already lost em. Maybe he left them in Orlando.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not necessarily. Dirk has been very quick to recover for a 7 footer.

Yao is a an anamoly and generally a bad example because of two reasons:

1) His body size and his weight. That upper body weight at 7-6 height put an enormous amount of load on his knees and feet, especially when he was pivoting or making moves. We are talking bio-mechanics here. Cannot fight it.

2) Yao already had a history of leg injuries even before he came to the NBA.

No one really knows the true nature of Dwight's injury. Nor do we know how he will respond to his injury. Some players like Pippen continued to excel with back injuries, while others, like McGrady succumbed to it. Barkley struggled with back problems in Phoenix as well but he played through them the best he could. How is Dwight going to respond?

I would be more concerned with Dwight's attitude right now. With his current attitude he is not going to help any team contend, even if he is injury free, which is why I would not be too excited if he joined the Rockets. He has proven to be selfish player on the Lakers, so far.

If playing with Kobe, Nash, and Artest does not get your competitive juices going, I am not sure anything in Houston will.