1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Nash hates Dwight Howard's guts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 11, 2013.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Nash felt like he was hustling just to keep possession plus make something happen. And yet DH is just standing there waving his arms asking Nash to do all the work instead of trying to help out by moving 2 measly feet to salvage the play. I get the frustration.

But to be fair, there was only 1 second to make that move, and it was a bad situation to begin with.

I have my own question marks, but I still think DH should be a main target. I can't just ignore everything he did before this season.

Oh BTW, looks like Clark was disgruntled at the end, siding with Nash.

2. rocketblood713

lol people that are sayin they dont want Dwight will be VERY upset cause that the "big fish" that Morey wants lol especially if Rockets dont make a move by the deadline that should tell you even more "were going for Dwight or Bynum"

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

blaming everybody except KoBrick

4. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

I love seeing the Lakers failing and fighting with each other but I hate seeing Steve Nash go through this. This just makes me appreciate Houston's Team chemistry much much more.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I get it. The Kobe-Dwight feud has to be Dwight's fault. Kobe fans are always right. :rolleyes:

That said, after last summer's drama, Dwight has shown his true color and I didn't really want him on my team.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The best description of Dwight Howard I have heard came from Adrian Wojnarowski this morning.

He said that Dwight Howard has always had problems, even in Orlando, because who and what he wants to be changes literally on a day to day basis. One day he wants to be this charming, wholesome character... the next day he wants to be a defensive center.... the next day he wants to be Shaq or Olajuwon and score 30 points from the post..... that he does not know whom he is, and doesn't even know what he wants to be.

I can see how that would drive Van Gundy insane, and alienate players like Nash and Kobe that know exactly what they want.

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

NO to dwight on the rockets, then!

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Nash ran baseline and could have dumped it off immediately, instead he hesitates for a moment allowing Haslem to get on the outside out of effectively blocking him out. All he had to do was lob it upwards towards the basket where Dwight had an obvious advantage. Not saying Howard played it perfectly, but Nash is not without fault.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Let's be real....if Dwight becomes a Rocket this summer....everybody would love it...

1 person likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

even best friends get frustrated with each other, I doubt nash is purposely iso'ing divas.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah I wonder what Nash would think having some Omer Asik there in that situation instead. I think they all made a bigger deal there than should be for this ONE SITUATION.

Though its apparent the disgust there is from a previous STRING if frustations and it just boiled over there. And you don't ever have to worry about effort and heart from Omer Asik compared to Howard.

Though I say if they're frustrated with Howard there, Dwight can bring his frustrating mercurial ways to HOUSTON

(Yep, I'm not a big fan of Dwightmare but he improves the Rockets predictably better than any other available player would)

12. wchusky

wchusky Member

Howard is the problem. If Houston is stupid enough to spend the max on this guy, Houston will be screwed for a long time. Asik is a good center and a good teammate. Houston can afford to keep developing him and Smith. I believe Houston has a good core that can develop together. Chandler, Lin, the Hardin, and Asik are a good core to start building around.

13. forza525

forza525 Member

It's hard to hate on Kobe/Nash for the Lakers implosion. He was hovering around a 50% fg for the early part of the season, and for his part he's made adjustments by taking less shots and distributing more. Nash has made adjustments by playing off the ball more and letting Kobe do the play making. Dwight hasn't made a whole lot of adjustments which is what is frustrating for the Lakers, as shown in said video.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I have no opinion.... but I will say this....

Morey is a gambler, always has been, and after getting Harden he has the leeway to do what he wants....

You KNOW Morey is going to offer the max to Dwight and Bynum.... he will roll the dice that a healthy/happy Howard/Bynum & Harden is a title capable team.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wow...Dwight a cancer...who knew??? Who knew that Van Gundy got the most out of him??? Who knew that he tried to destroy the Magic franchise?? Who knew that Dwight Howard is the most overrated Center in our generation...Spoiled Diva is an understatement...Listen i was all on the bandwagon for Howard, bc he is just freakishly athletic...However, he just doesnt get the concept of team basketball, and thinks that the Role of the Center is to be the most dominant offensive force in the game...This would be true if he had the footwork of the "Dream" or the Shooting touch of Yao, or the sheer will power to dominate of "Shaq"...Dwight isnt superman...He is Bizzaro...a wannabe, a poster-child of immaturity and irresponsibility...He just doesnt have the right mind set to lead a team...Before Hakeem became an unstoppable offensive threat...he dominated the Defensive end averaging 3-4 blocks a game...

Steve Nash arguably one of the greatest passers of all time has a hard time getting him the ball??? But he had no problem making Amare, Gortat, etc better???...I feel really bad for Nash...call him a ring chaser extra, but has had everything except rings, which is the most important thing for a player...but this Laker team wasnt supposed to be this bad...they were supposed to inspire fear in the hearts of their opponents...Now every team wants to get a crack at this dysfunctional team...Teams will gladly let Kobe get his points...bc they know that there is no one else that impact the game...

What makes super teams so dangerous is that on any given night one of them can change the outcome of the game...sometimes all three can play well...ie Boston, OKC, Spurs, Miami...But see the common thread among all these teams were that people were willing to change and do what was best for the team. The Team was bigger than any individual accolade...and the stars made that clear to every member on that team...This can never be the case in LAL... Kobe's head is too big, Dwight's thinks he should be the primary focus, Pau whines, Nash is old...DAntoni is over his head...Phil Jackson mightve been the person that would put everyone's egos at the door...but im not sure that he could orchestrate a different outcome than what we see now...

1 person likes this.
  16. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

i already told my season ticket rep that if they sign either Howard or Bynum I'm not renewing my season tickets

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Dwight Howard is really at odds with two of the biggest competitors in the game in last 10 years or so, you have to question his priorities.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

I don't just hate Howard, I hate the superstar attitude and overall basketball atmosphere of the present era.

I respect Nash and Kobe in the sense that they're there to play basketball, and whatever issues they have, they will say it outright. Moreover, the media has little to no effect on their psyche. Everything is earned, not given to them. Kobe had to earn the respect from his peers by playing his heart out working with Shaq for the betterment of the team. Same with Steve in Dallas.

**** Dwight, he doesn't even have big boy pants in his closet.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Just watching the footage provided there...

That's on Nash.

He dribbles too far, Howard makes a nice cut for him and he COULD have hit him with the pass, he chooses not to, picks up his dribble behind the backboard and gets trapped.

Sure, Howard could have run away from the hoop to get free and get the ball after that, but Earl Clark could also have made a cut towards the hoop (to the line the bounce pass arrived)

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Despite all this -- the Lakers lost the game when they went ISO ball with Kobe in the 4th.

It was hillarious to me listening to local LA radio after the game as I ran errands. The Lakers beat reporter asked Earl Clark about the turnovers how the Lakers had more in the 4th quarter than in the first 3 quarters combined if that was a result of trying to force it into the Dwight in the fourth. I was like what game was he watching the majority of those TOs came when Kobe posted up and the Heat forced him baseline and trapped him. I could only think of one TO that caused caused in that forth and that one was the one where LeBron literally just grabbed the ball out of his hands when Dwight spun from the baseline into the middle of the lane.

I am not blaming that Kobe was the sole reason why the Lakers lost that game but the Lakers completely abandoned their game plan and Kobe played way too much 1 on 1 in the 4th and the Lakers lost. It boggles me how such a great player like Kobe just doesn't get it when it comes to playing team ball at times -- too many times he goes ISO and kills the team flow and then other times he'll go extremes by not shooting at all and just trying to pass all the time.

Either way the Lakers lost and the most disappointing thing to me yesterday was that the Rockets couldn't extend ground on them.

I am guessing Nash will retire this year and its hard seeing Dwight stay and Gasol will asked to be traded as well.