1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] The Rockets' upper management are throwing games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2016.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

I wish he was right - I just think we suck this year

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Or maybe because interim coaches are pretty standard operating procedure and no coach of any worth is going to come in midseason to a **** show. They want a training camp and an opinion who makes rosters, and who to sign in free agency.

This team just flat out isn't very good.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We aren't trying to tank. We are just inconsistent as hell regardless of who we play. If our shots fall or someone other than Harden decides to be useful, we usually win. Otherwise, we lose. It's as simple as that.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Which may be why Brewer and Terry were playing. To lessen our odds. :cool:

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JR clutchfans transcriptionist comes through once again

6. conquistador#11

WE'RE THAT BAD THAT MEDIA PEOPLE THINK WE'RE THROWING GAMES. CAN THIS SEASON GET ANY WORSE?
    SORRY FOR THE CAPS. CAN'T RESPOND IN A STEPHEN A THREAD WITHOUT THEM.
    GODBLESS!!!

3 people like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd have more respect for the FO if they were truly tanking games as SAS believes.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False.
    Les wants playoff money. Tv , attendance

9. malakas

malakas Member

Only an idiot like SAS would think the Rockets are tanking while Harden is playing 40+ minutes every night.
    What a waste of time to even read this guys transcripts. Why do you pay attention to him?

1 person likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

With Harden going 40+ it's unlikely.

However, I cannot explain why Howard does not get the ball. He is shooting 60%, he is posting, but it never goes inside. Never. I mean even if you think he sucks at post play, he's still going to get 20 points on 60% shooting. And you don't demand he get the ball.

And then there is the whole Brewer thing. I mean seriously. unexplainable.

And the Defense. I've never seen worse. It's almost implausible how wide open players get, and how improbable is it that average Joes have career nights on us shooting wide open jumpers. It's just about demanding Defense. And it's not happening. unexplainable.

Only conclusion is that JB cannot coach. Don't think they are tanking. Sadly, he turned around a crappy start. So there's something there for JB. But the recent decisions make no sense. The players are in part to blame, as they cannot seem to motivate themselves, but JB is inexplicably playing guys who are hurting the team, and cannot resolve seemingly simple problems like commitment and effort.

11. AXG

AXG Member

It makes more sense to tank at this point anyways. If anything, they should have done it sooner.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

At work. Slow day. ESPN3.com because why not. :p

13. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Right?

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They're being way too generous. Rockets are just that bad.

15. bmd

bmd Member

They aren't throwing games. They just suck.

They SHOULD be able to play Howard, Harden, Ariza, and piles of poo at the other positions and still win games. But they can't.

It shouldn't come down to the rotations of KJ McDaniels, Jason Terry, and Michael Beasley.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree it looks like tanking, but that's just JBB doing his best as a coach.

17. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

i fully understand SAS trying to find a reasonable explanation as to why this team would lose a game like the last two nights

SAS, this board has spent the last 79 games trying to figure out a reason why this team has fallen off from last year. my advice, be like dwight and just give up

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe they tanked last night. But they did not tank against Dallas. They tried to win that game but sucked too much to pull it off. They didn't tank when they came back from 20 down to win at Cleveland. They didn't tank when they beat OKC. They didn't tank when they beat the Raptors at home recently.

If the Rockets really wanted to tank, the time to do so was after the All-Star Break when it was clear they were going nowhere. I said a month and a half ago that if they really tried to lose games on purpose, they could've gotten as high as the 6th pick. And they likely would've wound up with no worse than 10th. Instead just like with everything else, they half-assed the tanking and here they are still in danger of actually sneaking into the playoffs if Utah loses too many games.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Skip should have replied: I know, right? And Phoenix' upper management is hugely pissed they won last night, because they lost ground to the Nets in their fight for a Top 3 pick.

I think SAS would have stuttered into a reply to tie the two together.

20. i3artow i3aller