1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] The Rockets' upper management are throwing games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I was thinking the same thing. If you want to see the Rockets tank try playing 39yr old Elvin Hayes 50 mins of an overtime loss and rookie of the year Ralph Sampson 24. That is tanking clutch fans youngsters.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I wish this was true

3. malakas

malakas Member

sarcasm?
    Even Bballholic has more connections and is more reliable than SAS as an insider.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

SAS is a clown and the best thing he ever did was get filmed eating cheese puffs at the draft by a funny guy.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You gotta back that one up and point a finger. Very confusing and potentially insulting. I hate racism and prejudicial hate, but detect none here.

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

SAS is an entertainer who cares what he says Rocket fans need to stop being defensive

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I want the Truth!

8. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

He's joking.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

TV Persona.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well SAS sure is.

DD

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Without reading any of the DM the GM is being reevaluated etc posts, my two-cents is simple, of course he and all they are being evaluated. As always.

Changes? We'll find out soon enough. (Tho, who really expects JBB back?)

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

U mean sauces:confused:

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. It would be stupid not to evaluate everything after this disappointment of a season. However, while JBB is gone I would be surprised if Morey doesn't make it at least until the beginning of next season.

14. alethios

alethios Member

A1 sauces?

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha already malakas

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

And they should be throwing games .... missing the playoffs is the best thing that can happen to them.

They'll lose 6 or more players from the current roster , Dwert likely included , and have enough cap space to sign 2 max deals in a year when everyone will have max cap space , and its no guarantee that they are able to land one quality FA much less two.
    If they do happen to land two max type FA's , they will have a MLE , bi-annual exception and vet min FA deals after that .... Having that draft pick is very important to the teams long term prospects.

If the cant land one or two max type FA's ... next years team is a hot mess.

What's 4 more L's to the Warriors or Spurs compared to a dose of humility in missing the playoffs and keeping that #1 draft choice ?!

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

resign Beverly
    picking Harrell

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

SAS is personality and a wild one at that but cmon now he actually interviews and talks to players he has way more info than anyone on this board. Especailly holic.

Now do I think he knows this for fact or is just opionin? Well Ya this is just his opinion but we have all been thinking these rotations are wack for a while now so I don't see how it's that hard to come up with this opinion.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wasn't aware that SAS ever had an NBA career? I mean, he talks about the NBA all the time, but has any team ever paid the man over the table? Doubt it. He's skill-less. A spy at best, but that's not over the table now is it?

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

So even when intentionally losing, JB can't do a good job at it.

At least he's good at hiding "illegal" cans when the spotlight shines on us.