1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] The Rockets' upper management are throwing games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

For the love of God, how do you embed YouTube videos?

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

Someone is trying to find excuses again.

It is anything but fact at this point. It is "I think J.B. Bickerstaff is being told from time to time who to play and who not to play. "

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Stephan a smith:

"the rockets organization are throwing games"

"I think JB bickerstaff has done a great job so far and deserves to be a candidate for next year"

Having JB as a coach is basically throwing games

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

There is something really f'd up about this sport that tanking is viewed as so viable. Tickets cost a lot of money. Doing bad should not get you where you want to go. "I really would like to have a nice family and career. " Have you considered just giving up for a year or two???". It's total bull sh#t.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Smith is not reporting or anyhow saying he has facts about this, it's just his opinion.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It took me a while to figure it out too.

You type in youtube and /youtube each between brackets. And in between the youtubes, you type in everything after the = sign in the YouTube clip's URL.

1 person likes this.
  7. Milos

Milos Member

I just refuse to believe Rockets' 'Management' has decided this is the year to completely reverse our entire 20-year philosophy of NEVER TANKING just to get a back-end lotto pick in a very weak draft

Les Alexander has NEVER endorsed tanking, and Morey refused to tank even when we had a nowhere team built around KMart, Scola and Brooks in the post TMac+Yao era right before Harden

Why would both suddenly completely reverse their thinking now?

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Smith is wrong. We have not been tanking, just losing. Fact.

9. alethios

alethios Member

When you click share on the Youtube video, the embed option appears - copy that code and paste it when you reply to the thread.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You hit the share button below the video and then copy+paste the embed code.

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

SAS just 'thinking'. Although he may actually be right. We need that 1st round pick and probably more to dump Brewer.

12. count_dough-ku

Maybe they've seen the light. Maybe 2 decades of mostly mediocrity after the 2 titles has Les reevaluating his thinking. Clearly, both he and Morey have to now understand the importance of head coaching. At the very least, that part of their basketball philosophy has been thoroughly debunked.

And despite league rules, don't tell me people in this organization are not in contact with players or their agents and getting feedback on which big name guys are willing to even entertain an offer from the Rockets. If as I suspect someone like Durant or Horford has no interest in signing here(and why would they?), then suddenly a draft pick becomes a lot more important than a first round sweep at the hands of the Warriors or Spurs.

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

If daryl morey really is making jbb play certain players than i apologize to jbb for what i thought was his attempt to sabotage the season... Maybe morey was rhe one who sabotaged the season, if true, though i understand his mindset for this season goig into the biggest free agency in years, I dont resoect losing games on purpose. So o take my **** you from jbb and send it over to Morey... IF true.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The rockets try to make the playoffs. Les will make $M more money by making the playoffs, and Morey's job is more secure. JB also wants to keep his job. I do not think Les cares that first round pick very much.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tried that; just gave me a blank youtube screen

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Good God SAS is an idiot. Lot's of factual errors, lot's of issues. Jesus, how is this guy on TV?

1 person likes this.
  17. count_dough-ku

What if Les has had enough and wants to blow up the roster? Not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't shock me after this season. And JB may want to keep his job, but he's still a lousy coach. Even if he's trying his best, he still sucks at it.

Not sure about Morey. Unless he's been assured by Les that he won't be fired right away. Maybe Les has told him he'll at least be given the offseason to try to turn this around.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No idea especially when he writes stuff like that:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will be talking about this post Ray Lewis put on his Facebook page tomorrow. BLACK PEOPLE...take a look</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/717898568749682688">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. malakas

malakas Member

No it wasn't a tank.

Here is what a tank looks like :
    When BKN shuts down Lopez and Young one month before the season ends.
    When NOP shuts down AD, Jrue and sign up a bunch of D-leaguers
    When Phoenix plays Len next to Chandler in a double C lineup and shuts down Knight.
    When Sacramento has Boogie and Rondo only playing home games for the last month.
    When Denver has shut down Faried with a mysterious "lower sack injury"
    When Milwaukee shuts down Middleton and starts 4 21 y.os two of whom are D-league caliber and use a two C lineup to "experiment".

That's what a management tanking is like. You shut down your best player or minimize his minutes and play the youth.
    When I see Harden get at worst 10 minutes and KJ and Capela get 30 minutes then we will start talking about tanking.

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

LMAO what if this was true and he hated the **** outta Brewer