1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Daryl Morey's REAL Target is..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This....the only time we should be discussing this is the year before he hits free agency. Only then would minny be willing to trade him and only if its clear he's going to walk.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Read the thread title again. You're the only one who typed "FA" in here. Calm down.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"I'm the speculator". "If speculation is wrong, I don't want to be right."

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

And why would Minnesota be interested in trading him?

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Trading Harden and breaking up a young OKC trio which just came from a finals appearance wasn't stupid right?

You never know. Especially with Kahn.

6. durvasa

No, actually it wasn't. Harden's contract was up after this year, and OKC would have to go heavily into luxury tax territory to retain him.

Can you provide any motivation for the Minnesota trading Love? Anything?

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Are you serious? Aldridge and Cousins are not as good as Love. Cousins have maturity issues, and is incredibly inconsistent. LA on the other hand, has length but he isn't as effective as Love. Love is a better scorer and rebounder than Cousins and LA.

Love plays below the rim and isn't a high flying player but he gets the job done. Similar to Harden, Love plays an old man's game which he can be effective and doesn't rely on athleticism. I don't understand why you would have LA or Cousins over a player like Love.

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

As always, the rule remains- why would Minnesota want to do this trade? You can't just throw this out there without offering something substantial. What could we possibly offer them for the BEST PF in the league? Nothing. You've got a better chance of prying Kyrie from the Cavs than this happening.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Right now, no reason whatsoever. But tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.. who knows? Therefore, i speculate.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If morey's plan is to acquire and develop quality players/assets for the next 2 years in order to make a trade for any of the tier 1 players becoming available in 2015 I'm all for it. But for now we have nothing valuable enough that we're willing to trade for a player of Love's caliber.

11. split41

split41 Member

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I am well aware of that but still, no one ever saw that Harden trade happening so soon (wasn't even a sure thing to begin with since they had other options to be able to keep him) and let alone being dealt to us.

This thread was made for a feel good, anything is possible, a Rockets fan can dream, somehow linking Love's name to our team and Morey, purposes. If i offended or annoyed you in any way, i apologize.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

David Kahn's reply to Morey's proposal for a Kevin Love trade:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xpugp6DIb3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. durvasa

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I know. I'm just digging through the archives. Just ignore this thread it's stupid ok?

17. durvasa

Didn't mean to give the impression that I'm attacking you. Feel good threads are great, but this seems more like a "pipe dream" thread. I tell you what, if somehow the Rockets pull it off I'll be sure to bump this thread and give you your opportunity to say "Told ya!" :)

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Why not?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Especially if the Rockets beat them out of a playoff spot.

And they might have a nice coach, but we have Love's favorite coach. That team is not contending anytime soon, so if those are the criteria for Love to stay in Minnesota, he certainly could demand a trade.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"You know, if you add up these three PERs, they are way more than Love's one PER," says Morey.

[​IMG]

Kahn considers.