1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Daryl Morey's REAL Target is..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. itachen

itachen Member

C'mon guys, you are looking at it wrong..
    Everyone knows what Khans trying to assemble there.. So

Asik + Parsons + Delfino for Love,
    3 white guys for 1.
    Done.

And I will show my way out...

2. AFS

AFS Member

Do Turkish people count as white? I think we should replace him with Aldrich just to be safe.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Might as well switch Patterson with Parsons aswell. White people are the best shooters, parsons can't shoot.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

He would have to demand a trade!

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Asik.. Dmo
    ??????????????.. Jones
    Parsons...... Delphino
    Harden....???????
    Lin.......?????????????????

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

Elijah Wood???

7. Garner

Garner Member

I would personally really like to see Morey nab Eric Bledsoe. The kid has a sky high PER in limited minutes.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey said in the SI interview they can't afford to be picky and set their sights on one specific player (having Harden/Lin may change this somewhat).

Love would be fantastic, but that's a long time to wait with no assurances he will sign here.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You are completely forgetting about our team's flexibility cap wise.

Again, why do people keep on saying that Parsons would almost certainly be part of the deal?

Oh right, they're basing that assessment on our roster right now while completely forgetting about the fact that we still have cap space to sign a max player or several good players who could be used as trade chips for future deals such as a trade with Minny involving Kevin Love.

10. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Yeah, this along with the Les quote about a 2yr deadline for Morey's plan, means that Morey may not wait that long if Love isn't going to be available in the immediate future. Something will be done either at this trade deadline or this off-season, whether Love is available or not.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Love: "I meant what I said," but...

[​IMG]

Kevin Love talked after shootaround today about his comments in Tuesday's Yahoo!Sports story and...

He said he stood about everything quoted in the story, but added he said many positives things about the franchise and where it is headed and said next time he'll keep his thought within the organization.

There apparently was an urgent reaction from the organization about it because Love met with David Kahn and Rick Adelman on Tuesday shortly after the story hit the Web and Love said he plans to talk to owner Glen Taylor about his comments.

"I meant what I said, I told David there's nothing to apologize about," Love said. "The only thing I was sorry about is that I did in public and if there's a learning expereince from that, it's not to do that again.

"A lot of athletes these days say the right thing and aren't outspoken. I happen to be in this article. I'm not going to go forward and say I have anything to apologize about. I said what I felt. I didn't mean to alienate my team, my coaches, the organization or more importantly the fans...I said a lot of things about the team and were we're at this point and I'll continue to say it throughout the year because that's how I feel."

Last summer, Love was very public in his call for Kahn and Taylor to improve the team.

In Tuesday's story, one of the things he criticized was the constant change in the roster and asked if the team really had any plan to make itself a contender.

"I'm not going to fall back and say I didn't mean the things that I said. I do believe this is the closest knit team that we've had. The coaching staff has been great and we have a chance to make something very special this year and for years to come. I'm definitely happy with...I've mentioned it this summer, it keeps coming up again. The acquisitions we made this off-season, I'm very happy with. As far as the state of the team, I think we're fine."

When asked if wants to be the cornerstone of this franchise long term, he said, "Oh absolutely. One of the big points, I want to be here for five years. I'd love to end my career as a Timberwolf."

Maybe the most interesting, new thing he said in the story written by Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski were his comments about saving the team's lone five-year rookie contraction extension, which now could be used for Ricky Rubio.

He called it making a decision projecting a player's arc over a "sure thing," him.

Fifteen years ago, the Wolves' future was changed forever because of contract jealousy between Steph Marbury and Kevin Garnett.

Asked about that possibility here and now, Love said this:

"I never have a problem with anybody getting paid. If there's one guy to get on the team it's Ricky Rubio. I've kind of been enamored with him since he got here. He's a pass-first point guard, a guy I haven't really played with before. I'm not going to pick favorites but he's one of my favorites teammates and one of the best guys to be around. And I've mentioned since Day 1that it's refreshing to be around him because he loves the game so much

"If he were to get paid that, then I'm happy for him. Ricky is a tremendous player. I just hope he comes back and helps us very soon."

That "very soon" won't be tonight because Rubio, as I posted earlier, will not make his season debut against the Nuggets.
    Kahn, btw, isn't talking -- at least not yet -- about Tuesday's story and his chat with Love.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/183204131.html

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not much happening next summer so we fill in some small gaps and keep the cap available to pounce on whatever might come along. There is no one worth overpaying for so maybe throw some lowballs at some players who are unhappy with their current teams to see if they bite. If not...wait...fill in some backup roles with short, easy contracts.

Then in 2014, we overpay but go after more young up-n-comers such as Derrick Favors, Greg Monroe or Paul George.

BTW - I'd love to get Love but I really don't see that happening unless we can reload by 2015 with KG type trade material.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member