1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Daryl Morey's REAL Target is..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Aldridge is the most realistic.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want LMA too..Asik-LMA frontcourt is sick.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Kevin Love unsure about Timberwolves' future

[​IMG]

For everyone else still stunned over the Minnesota Timberwolves' owner and general manager downright daring the franchise's best player to leave for free agency in two years, Kevin Love promises to be a professional, promises All-Star performance and productivity. Over the organization's refusal to designate him as the cornerstone, though, there come no promises of forgiveness from Love. No assurance it won't chase him out the door and out of the franchise forever someday.

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

"That's a tough pill to swallow."

No, Kevin Love isn't over Taylor and GM David Kahn refusing him what he had earned. He isn't over Kahn marching into the trainer's room after a loss and thrusting a contract offer sheet into his hands. Where else does it work that way in the NBA? "I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol – but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," Love says.

Perhaps those issues wouldn't still be so raw had the franchise responded differently when Love broke his hand in a preseason workout. In a regimen he's done most of his life, Love fractured a bone thrusting himself to his feet upon completion of a round of knuckle pushups. He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.

"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

4. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

How is that EVER going to happen lol.

But please make it happen. Except no Rubio, guys a scrub.

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>That continues to be a logical destination for Pau. Doesn't have to be a two-way trade. Rox could send RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/littleedwad">littleedwad</a>: Pau to Houston?</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/278740288158179329" data-datetime="2012-12-12T05:57:18+00:00">December 12, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>...young assets to a third team, who sends experienced help to LA. @<a href="https://twitter.com/littleedwad">littleedwad</a></p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/278740361030029313" data-datetime="2012-12-12T05:57:35+00:00">December 12, 2012</a></blockquote>

6. thekad

thekad Member

The media really needs to get over this Pau to Houston obsession. A 32 year old declining center doesn't fit on this Rockets team at all.

7. roswell raygun

The Rockets can do a lot better than Pau with their cap room. They got lucky when their first Pau trade was blocked. They don't need to make another one.

8. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

You lost my with Larry Birds :rolleyes:

P.S. The rest of the post is stupid too.

9. itachen

itachen Member

Honest question - how is LMA a more realistic acquisition than Love, if the Blazers now have a clear trio for the future in Batum, Lillard and LMA?

Also, I think I might get crucified for this, but how about Andrew Bynum? The guy is 24 years old, free agent after this season, similar age with Harden and Lin, and his stock probably wouldn't have been any lower in the next few years than now?

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

You wont get crucified but you will get a lot "NO"

so....

"NO" hehehe

11. itachen

itachen Member

Ha, because of previous injury and a head case?

12. itachen

itachen Member

Actually... scrap that idea, it's too early to tell if Bynum will ever be healthy and contributing again. =\

13. AFS

AFS Member

Even if he is healthy, the dude injured himself while bowling. If he's that much of a glass-cannon, I wouldn't want to take a risk on him. No way he ever gets another full season of play. It would be Yao all over again.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Reality is that we will either get him for peanuts (he either walks in a couple of years or tells them he's going to walk in advance) or we don't get him at all. I can't see a scenario where we make an offer to the Wolves which convinces them to voluntarily trade Kevin Love.

15. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Lets just hope that he is one of Harden's being recruited friends... :D

16. minis9

minis9 Member

I mentioned at the time of lins signing, 2015 FA is exactly why dragic was let go, because of that 4th year. Look at all our contracts, there's a reason why they all end on the same year. It ain't coincidence.
    Love makes me harden

17. minis9

minis9 Member

Plus we should get Lin, Asik and parsons bird rights too?

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Realistically something starting with Parsons, Patterson, Terrence Jones, Motiejunas, and a 2014 1st should be the starting asking price of the Rockets.

Then go from there mabey add in a few scrubs take back contracts and so on.

19. izeroi

izeroi Member

^Yup that's pretty much what we would be looking at as far as giving up. You can guarantee Parsons and our rookies will be gone.

I just don't see minny trading a guy like Love though so I'm not getting my hopes up by any means.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah, Kahn won't trade Love. C'mon now.

Instead, he'll sign yet another injury prone/mediocre player to the MLE, waste yet another draft pick and ultimately lose Love for nothing in 2015. :)