1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Daryl Morey's REAL Target is..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'm still mad about the Scola face-stomp, and hopeful TJ and DMo will turn into Love-level players.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the Rockets beat the T-Wolves out of a playoff spot, they won't have a high lottery pick for the trade. So, they'll need at least a couple of thier current young players (e.g. Parsons, Patterson, Jones, Motiejunas) to start playing like all-stars to even pique Minnesota's interest. This is a long shot.

3. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

A total pipe dream, but whatever floats your boat. Our team would be unstoppable on the boards, though. One can hope :D

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

How many allstars did Denver get for Carmelo when he demanded a trade specifically to NY?

And of course it is a long shot. This is Kevin Love we are talking about.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Morey's REAL target is:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, all this Morey's real target talk is stupid to me. You think he'd like to have Love, Paul or Howard? Well, yeah, thanks for the great insight.
    I think he'd take the best player in the game and any other top-10 player, too.

There is no real target. He's going to take whoever becomes available.

6. durvasa

Denver was going to lose Carmelo for nothing in the offseason if they didn't get a trade done, and moreover George Karl was eager to get rid of him.

Minnesota will be looking for significantly more.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

How about our remaining cap room? If Morey misses out on big name FA's like Dwight or CP3, whom by the way are somewhat of a pipedream scenarios as well considering we're relying on them leaving a big market city of LA for Houston and a them opting to sign a smaller contract to boot.

With that said, instead we could use our cap space to sign good players who could later on be used as trade chips for a possible KLove deal in the future.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Minn would probably listen to a Harden-plus offer.

9. durvasa

Good point.

Of course, this all hinges on Love demanding a trade out of Minnesota. If that happens, I'm sure the Rockets will do what they can to be in the forefront of the discussion. Has he expressed any hint of this yet?

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

What if we get say.. Josh Smith. Then Love decides to demand a trade. Wouldn't a package starting with a player such as Josh Smith be of any interest to Minnesota? Again, we have the cap room to sign a max player. If we miss out on that max player and instead settle for a bunch of contract friendly good player/players then we could later on use those as trade assets for a bigger catch/franchise player.

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I hope it is all out tankfest to grab Jabari parker or Andrew Wiggins

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

IMO, this is the advantage of having the youngest roster in the NBA with promising talent and good foundation. The management can afford to develop, wait, and be patient with our desired 2nd max contract franchise player.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What has kevin love to say he is better than harden? Has he led his team to playoffs? If you are an actual super star you should be able to take a team to the playoffs irrelevant to the talent around you. CP3 took the hornets the playoffs. Lebron took the cavs. Howard took the magic.

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Love needs a good stomp on the face

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Kevin Love likes new-look Wolves

Why would Love go from happy about the Wolves’ offseason to so frustrated right now that he’s going to demand a trade? Their team’s actually doing pretty good considering all the injuries they've dealt with, and of course Rubio's set to come back here pretty soon. I’d love for Love to be traded to the Rockets, but I just don’t see any chance of it happening in the near future.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

LOL Good one.

See, one thing i've noticed with these stars playing for team USA is the sudden urge of wanting to play with other stars especially ones they've experienced playing with each other. Stars talking about playing with each other and what not. That trend started in Miami.

Certain national players seem to develop special bonds with team USA.

Hence..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Its alright move not thrilled about it, he just makes us slow upfront and when teams go small he cant gaurd the fast explosive hybrid 4 of the league.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

First off, Love is not going to say he hates the offseason moves, even if they didn't make any of much significance.

Second, do you think the Wolves are a lock for the playoffs? A lock. If not, "anything can happen". I think those were his words, not mine.

20. Arthurprescott2

I doubt he abandons a healthy Rubio. Love would only want out of Minny if Rubio wants out too or doesn't come back relatively healthy.