1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Rockets make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I like Aldrige I think he is a great player. But people aren't wrong questioning his post up game they do that in Portland all of the time.

2. Asian Sensation

Being a Portlander... I find this thread quite funny.

I'll put myself in a Blazer fan's shoes just to show how silly this thread is.

This is just like Portland saying "Should the Blazers make a play for James Harden?" Well yea duh.. but without giving up LMA the whole team will have to be gutted. Not a realistic chance that's going to happen for us especially considering even if we kept Harden... Portland would not want anything else on our roster except Asik.

If "Aldridge plays like Patterson with a more consistent jumpshot" then Wesley Matthews is James Harden sans the beard.

Aldridge IS A CORNERSTONE FRANCHISE PLAYER. Even moreso than James Harden is for us. The Blazers are not going to move him for anything less than another young Franchise player (Love, Griffin, Durant, etc.)

Unless we plan on signing him when he's an UFA in 2015 this thread shouldn't exist. But I'd say it's a bit premature for this thread considering it's still 2012.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'd give up anybody not named Harden.

4. MONON

MONON Member

I'm a former Houstonian, not a Portlander; but I find this thread quite hilarious myself. Seems to me that the only way Portlanders can keep up with their Blazers is by reading csnnw.com. Also, I wouldn't want to be the unfortunate soul that had to inform Lamatcus Aldridge that he was being traded from one csn network that most of his fans can't watch him on to another.

5. rogower

rogower Member

This thread should be locked, as should all future "Should the Rockets try to trade for [fill in the blank with name of player who is not and will not become available]?" As the Portland fan above (scroll up just a bit) points out, Portland loves this guy and will not trade him. Also, please realize that Portland's owner is a bizarre, paranoid man, and is becoming increasingly irrational as he ages. Very difficult to work out a rational trade that is mutually beneficial here.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Your right, this thread is silly. But what sports blog doesnt have silly threads?

7. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

I will. My personal opinion. Rockets desperately need a star 4 or a big man who can play along side Asik. Does Lamarcus blend well with Harden or Lin? If this trade is going to happen. This is the biggest question that needs to be answered. I don't doubt Lamarcus' ability and talent. But chemistry is key. But I won't trade Parson or Jones for him. If really comes to the wire. I trade Jones but Parson? No. Parson's upside is too big to trade. We talking about all star potential here.

8. rogower

rogower Member

Hilarious! What a homer! C'mon, guys.

9. NatrlBornChemis

i say we develop 2pat...he's improved so much over the course of this season already

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Andersn Varejao is a guy we need...5 million cheaper avg. 14 ppg and 14 rpg this season...tonite has 20 pts and 18 rebounds perfect 4th option on this team IMO..also be easier to make him our backup center when Asik gets his rest in

11. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

I would trade anyone not named Harden or Parsons for LA.

12. thekad

thekad Member

He's not having the best year this season, but at his best he's right there with (old) Dirk and Love. It'd take a lot to pry him however and I imagine Portland will only trade him if he becomes disgruntled.

whatever/Harden/Parsons/Aldridge/Asik with a Morey-built bench could challenge for a title in a couple years after the Heat and Lakers fall off. Elite combination of offense and defense.

So basically, it's not going to happen.

13. nadman89

nadman89 Member

asik would cover LA on defense and hed be a great second option they wont be able to double team harden anymore , hes on of the best PFs in the league anyone who says no is an idiot , id rather make a play for love eventually

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If on the slight chance LMA is available, I would try to trade Parsons for as a high of a draft pick you can get. Package that pick and future picks + Patterson/ Jones/ White/ for LMA

I highly doubt Portland would take that trade, but it is probably the best the Rockets can put out. And remember, White has amazing upside but a bit too much baggage.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

there is no single player in the NBA that you could trade for without giving up Harden and you'd be a legitimate contender.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

(that's not to say that you could trade for Aldridge without giving up Harden, but... you don't build a big 3 without getting big 2 first)

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

First thing I thought of ....

The sheriff's a n(gong)r

What did he say ?

The sheriff is near.

For those who havent see it .... its an absolute riot of a movie.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I meant keeping Harden but gutting the team and packaging picks to get Aldridge. Trading Harden for Aldridge would make no sense.

Gutting the team for Aldridge makes no sense either.

19. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

i'd rather have Milsap. LA looks like he be out 6-9 weeks any day now.

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

we don't need no another star...we already have the champ TEAM...

why do people think that every champ team must look exactly like the previous ones? having such and such number of stars , such and such of players of this and that kind etc... and all that talk how Parsons/Asik/Harden is like this and that player or if he improves his X he could be a new Y...

TEAM BALL is what we should strive for...almost all of our players are improving game in and game out before our very eyes and the team -play is improving, shooting percentage is improving as well i think, we make less TOs etc

On this team there are 6-7 players of which every single one can go +20 any given night...make 3 shot streak, go to the rim, go to the line, rebound, assist and we are not dependable on good night of any one or two players...THIS IS A FABULOUS TEAM...

i wouldnt risk changing this beautiful chemistry for getting some star...every single of our starters , perhaps even benchers is a star in making....