1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 27, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This is one of the reasons why I love ClutchFans.

INSTANT COMEDY.

2. Gil

Gil Member

"Patterson is a lesser LMA"

And Badlee gets a bad rep on here...smh.

3. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I think Portland would be asking Asik, DMo, and Parsons just as a starter. That probably gets the conversation going...anything less then that and I bet Portland just rolls with what they got for awhile.

That's why I think Morey stays quiet this trade deadline. He knows he's got big money to spend this offseason and I'd see no reason to blow that cap space AND assets until the offseason. LMA might be the best available PF to TRADE for but is he that much better then what you can get in FA WITHOUT giving up assets to boot. The cap space goes either way - its a matter of is the trade route (giving up assets AND the caps pace) going to be better then the FA route (just cap space and KEEP the assets)

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I love Parsons and Patterson's game but if i was offered Melo and LMA for em, i would do it in a heartbeat and throw in a one year supply of fruit baskets with thank you cards.

Parsons and Patterson's game rely on play makers to become effective. Remove Harden and Lin and build a team around Parsons and Patterson as your #1 and #2 option and you would have a lottery team.

Let's have this conversation again once they go in a shooting slump and lets see if you all still have the same opinion regarding the "Patterson is like LMA" and "Parsons is as valuable as Melo" comments.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think the biggest asset Morey has right now (other than Parsons) is the fact that we can absorb A LOT of salary. This doesn't help us much when it comes to Portland. They're comfortable with their cap situation.

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Would be great if we could get LMA (or Love). But guys here are just setting Morey up for failure to think we have a realistic chance of getting (LMA or Love).

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The Blazers have reportedly fired many, many of their longtime executives within the organization.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blazers-lay-off-3-executives-003926721--nba.html

This may be a sign of further changes to come with the team, including possible roster moves.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Paul Allen firing someone???....nawww.....

My guess here is this is a cost cutting measure. I wouldn't necessarily think it would have anything to do with the basketball team necessarily. More of a business decision Im guessing.

9. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

PF Help, Aldridge

If you're the Trailblazers, do you think about moving Aldridge? They're 8-12 right now, that team currently constructed is not going to win anything. They just gave Batum $58 mil, drafted Lillard, and they love Matthews. The PF we need and would be most ideal for the Rockets, Basketball wise, Financial wise, and develpment wise, Aldridge is the guy. He's 6'11, can shoot from 18 ft, Can play in the Post and is 27 years old. His salary would fit right into our salary cap as well. Again my main question is, If you're Portland, why hold on to Aldridge? Maybe not trade him to Houston, but if he's on the move that gives Morey a shot. Please dont reply with Josh Smith, he can't shoot to save his life and offensively isnt as polished as Aldridge. Thoughts Clutch Fans, Any shot at Aldridge this year or next?

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

We can't match his salary and he is the only consistent scorer in,Portland .they aren't letting him go,unless its for cap reasons

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Also josh Smith defends and rebounds better than him. We don't need a 7ft ppat

12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

if we're gonna upgrade, let's go all out and get Klove

13. Arthurprescott2

So members here are no longer prefacing ridiculous trade ideas with the caveat of "though it would only happen in my dream..."? Now we're just straight up saying Morey should somehow get his hands on Love/LMA? Why not LBJ and CP3 while we're at it? Kyrie? Durant? Don't leave those guys out of the fun. I expect threads on those players in the near future. Get on it, folks.

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It was even funnier than that. It was a Fox and Grapes situation where they were rejecting out of hand great players the Rockets could never even realistically get. "Not LaMarcus Aldridge, he shoots too many midrange jumpers frownie face frownie face :( Patrick Patterson is the same player!"

If the Rockets could get a talent like LMA before the trade deadline, I would be godamned ecstatic.

Note that we're just 5 days away from the Dec. 15th unofficial start of the trade season, when a ton of NBA contracts become tradable.

I don't know if LMA gets moved, even though his team is struggling so it seems less impossible than it did before that the Blazers would want to rebuild fresh around Lillard, Batum, and whatever young talent and picks they can get for Aldridge.

Somebody is getting traded to the Rockets this season, Morey has more or less promised it.

15. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Partly agreed, although I think Patterson is a better fit for whatever it is that we're running right now than Aldridge.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If you get LMA you run something else.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Patterson will never be on Lamarcus Aldridge level. I would trade a 100% healthy Patrick Patterson for a broken down injury prone Lamarcus straight up. Even if LaMarcus got injured for the rest of the season, i still think the Rockets would have won that trade it that trade was reality.

18. Arthurprescott2

And Portland would still say no. :grin:

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo isn't the type of guy you want on your team if you're serious about winning.

It seems ridiculous now but 10 years fans were saying the same thing about Francis/AI/Marbury. It's not hard to predict Melo will go down the same road, like those guys he's not just consistent enough to lead a team to a ring.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People said the same thing about Dirk Nowitzki...