1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously, what is wrong with Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 7, 2008.

1. hmittal

hmittal Member

I agree with that statement. Also, how does a 7 foot 6 player get his shot blocked. It doesn't make any sense except that I think he probably reinjured his foot playing in the summer olympics and does not want to admit it publicly. It's another sign that he has to retire from the chinese national team. He let his team down by playing in the summer thats the bottom line.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

3. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Yao looks fatigued. Technically he's still sound and he does the things he needs to do, but he has no gas in him.

Solution: quit the Chinese team.

1. Yao already performed his duty of playing in Beijing.
    2. The Chinese team isn't even that good: what's the point? What is the difference between being #16 in the world without Yao and #8 with Yao?
    3. Houston pays the bills, not China.
    4. China can benefit from Yao performing well, i.e. other Chinese players getting the chance to play against top competition by playing in the NBA or Europe.
    5. China should learn to treat its stars like STARS and not some kind of **** deliveryman who has to ride coach on the bus and ride a bike to practice, etc.

In the meantime the Rockets should seriously limit his minutes. A fatigued Yao is less effective than a pumped up Carl Landry.

4. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

The problem with Yao is aggression and decision, He needs to be decisive and aggresive when posting up, but often he tends to wait for the double team to come before making his move. He should just shoot the ball and act like a leader. He is being paid a higher salary for this reason.

High post Yao also doesn't work well, he needs to be in the paint for the 2nd chance opportunity. Whose ever heard of a 7'6 guy playing in the highpost? Utilize his height and plant him down low.

5. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

I have some thoughts for last quite a few years and I have been watching games regularly since 1993. For whatever reasons, NBA keeps on changing game rules, sometimes subtly and sometimes abruptly. Refs are instructed to call games that way. Starting from 90s, NBA tried to make games faster i.e. guard dominated. But the problem was the traditional remnants of the past – BIG CENTRES. Yes, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson and then Shaq. Outside the aura of Bulls and Jordan, these big men dominated the NBA for a longtime. They got all the calls, game was in favor of the big men. These big superstar centers used to cause other teams(that did nor have a star center) big men foul out of the games routinely. Utah had 3 big centers to guard Hakeem and of course Dream had his way with them. Phoenix had 3 headed center(I forgot their names) for the same rason.

Then came Shaq and around this time he was the only Centr who used to get calls, other than that, NBA implemented what it wished – guard oriented fast paced games and players with “iso” skills got all the calls: Iverson, Marbury, Kobe, Steve Francis were getting all the calls – heck, Mobley almost become a star. All because of the blessings of the rule changes. Then rule change again and there was the death of “iso” games.

Now come to Yao. He is the only true center in the league and with all these rule changes – he can not get those calls as the other quick mixed PF-Centers like Duncan, KG, Howard. Can NBA favor an exotic,slow,traditional and gifted Centre like Yao who is only one in his kind? No. It will look odd. Instead go with the rules that fit Amare,KG, Howard.

And lastly, Yao did not help his cause either.