1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously, what is wrong with Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I say we sit both Yao and T-Mac and go with this starting 5

Brooks
    Barry
    Artest
    Landry
    Scola

with Wafer, Hayes, and Rafer getting the bench duties.

2. Curly

Curly Member

Yao's about as usefull as t*** on a bull. Send him on a vacation or something. Hell, bring back Jim Peterson, OT, The Wopper, Yao is playing 2nd string C ball at best right now. What ever it is, he can get over it someplace else other than on the court. It's embarrassing to watch him get out rebounded, not finish. Hell, Brooks is playing taller than Yao. Give me a couple draft picks for him and call it a wash.

3. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

Yao is the best center in the league. Sure he had a bad game but wat do u expect from a 7'6 center who had three games in four nights. Stop with the knee jerk reactions; just let the team build chemistry

4. 2rings

2rings Member

And I say we'd go for a 60 loss season - STUPID

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Against the Lakers, I closely watched a few of Yao's possessions on the low left block. Yao's footwork is horrible! The refs could have called travelling against him almost every time. What has he been working on in the last six years?? Instead of expecting something good when Yao has the ball in the low block, I tend to cringe. It seems like he'll either:
    travel
    get stripped
    throw a bad pass
    get stuffed
    shoot a horrible fade away
    get called for the charge
    or:
    get a decent pass off the Rafer who'll shoot a three but miss by about 2 feet.

6. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

who told u that yao is the best center? after these games, u guys still believe hes teh best center in teh league? his stamina is not teh excuse for bad performance anymore. i agree that yao should only play 30mins per game but cmon hes a pro, the season just started and hes already exausted, that doesnt make any sense. hes goin downhill now and no we cant win anythin with him.

7. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

well, i think tmac is still teh key of this team to win, but ye i agree with landry+scola combo that can be deadly.

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I personally think Yao's and T-Mac's and the whole darn team's struggles for that matter are a direct product of no ball and body movement in Adelman's offense. They are just standing around. ALL of them. When it goes in to Yao, no movement allows the defense to focus on him and make it difficult for him to make a move to get a high % shot off. Same thing for T-Mac and Artest. If the players and ball moved consistently like Adelman is trying to get them to buy into, they will get open looks. Yao will be able to get the ball deeper and be able to seal his guy and get a good shot. They are not making the defense have to think or adjust. They just pack in the lane and wait for Yao, T-Mac, or Artest to make a move, then they double them.

Rafer HAS to start hitting his shots. The defense does not respect him, therefore they use his man to double. If he does not make shots, we struggle. Plain and simple. I'm not a Rafer hater, i'm just calling it how I see it. I wont start getting worried about his shooting until 2 more weeks. If it is still consistently in the 20% range, Morey and Adelman will have a talk about finding a new PG that can shoot. I guarantee it. They will not waste this season having a PG that cannot make a decent % of WIDE OPEN shots. Not asking him to be Steve Kerr, just shoot an acceptable % on open shots.

9. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

look everybody needs to calm down on Yao and his teamates. WE NEED BATTIER!!!!!!!!!! ;)

10. Curly

Curly Member

Knee jerk reaction? Exactly what part of his game has changed since we drafted him in 2002? Six seasons, and still the same old poor footwork, easy pickens, and no finish. They kid can shoot, don't get me wrong, but in traffic, he's horrible, hasn't improved a bit.

11. Curly

Curly Member

Oh...then there's that little issue of clearing the rim on your own dunks.

12. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

If Scola played defense that night he wouldn't been in the game.

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

No D = bench, unless other player fouls out.

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

The Rockets will never win a championship with Yao. Just as someone said on this board the league has him figure out. He had a good game against Dallas because they didn't used what the rest of the league has figure out. Until Yao figures out how to overcome what the rest of the League has figure about him, the rockets championship hopes goes down the drain.

15. lhlmelo

lhlmelo New Member

holy ****, :confused: what are you saying!as a fan,rockrtsman, we shouldn't lost confidence on our players!if we do,what about others?we are the lean of players ,the power resourse of their fighting!OK?man.

16. frank2030

frank2030 Member

right

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think it might be time to see what Yao would bring in a trade. Yao is a good player that can dominate but if Rick is going motion then we need motion players. I'd love to pull off a Hershel Walker type trade and pillage some team for a handful of real good players - not stars - but real good players that come to play night-in-night-out. I mean look a Utah, no superstars, just a handful of very good players. I'd love to pillage the Knicks but, Zeke is not running the team anymore and they are off to one of their better starts in years so I doubt they will mess with that - even for a money maker like Yao. And with the revenue that Yao brings in from China, I doubt we'll EVER trade Yao.

18. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Unfortunately Yao is peaked. The Yao two or three years ago is the best you can see from him. Injuires and his on-court demeanor drag him down.

It is now safe to say that he is a rich man's Rik Smits. Good but not great. That means Rox need a Reggie Miller in order to win a Championship. But T-Mac is not close to Reggie right now. So basically Rox is screwed.

Forget about the superstar status, Yao is not a super star. Super star can carry a basketball team by himself. Yao never proves he can carry the Rox to anywhere. And if he has any more injuires, he could be out of the league in his early 30s.

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

That is my read exactly. He has never proven that he can lead a team; now that he is diminished physically and emotionally, he will inevitably decline and take the Rockets with him. Furthermore, since TMac is also declining, the Rockets basically don't have a sniff of a chance of making any noise in the post season.

20. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

This is Yao seventh year and he still hasn't figure out how to solve the puzzle. Until that happens, you can hope all you want to. There will be no championship, he has to dominate all competition.