1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously, what is wrong with Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 7, 2008.

1. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

If by crap you mean solid, then yeah

2. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Solid?. lol ok.

3. Zeeshan

Zeeshan Contributing Member

Yao has really been horrible...

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Yeah, you're all right.

Bring back Calvin Cato!!! :rolleyes:

5. joesr

joesr Member

yeah because it just easy to rebound with camby and kaman breathing down his back. damn you guys are such haters. all you think of is what he does and not what he has to do it agaisnt

6. ekim

ekim Member

Missing easy dunks early in the game always destroy his self confidence for some reason... I think this is the trend for the past 3 games...

7. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

You think it's been like these for one game. he has been fumbling rebounds like that for the past 3 games.

8. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

How can you say something like that? Yao played against Kaman quite well both in O and D.

9. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

A 7'6" 310 lbs. body playing 41+38 mins in the last 26 hours. Today's stat: 6/12 FG, 9 Reb, 2 Asst, 5 Blks, 4 TO and 1 foul is acceptable. With regard to TMac, I saw him moving with some difficulties - the commentator here in Hong Kong didn't say anything about it. His knee might be hurting. I hope not. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

10. joesr

joesr Member

im not talking about the other games im talking about this game in which u also posted earlier that he played like crap (you did post that a couple post up).

give the guy a break he is trying to come back and considering who he was up agaisnt the majority of the times he did way better. not like crap

11. I_are_n00b

I_are_n00b Member

Actually if you look at the +/- stat Yao was +16 (highest by far on the Rockets) last night against Portland and +10 tonight. So, even though his play doesn't get stats, when he's in there, the team does better. The defense is obviously changing to guard him. Then again it might just be a fluke, but +16 is pretty big.

12. sn09

sn09 Member

man stop it with the hate. First Tmac haters now Yao haters. God damn apparently stats mean everything to some of you. Did you see how many shots yao altered in teh game? this guy played 41+minutes yesterday and still manages to play 37minutes in tonights game whilst shooting 50% from the field, grabbing 9 boards and blocking 5 shots. Not to mention alot of artests points came from yao's passes or solid screens. I'm not saying it was an awesome performance, but its not as bad as so many have said it has been.
    I reckon this was a nice game by yao, probably gained a bit of confidence there and if it were'nt for fatigue, his stats would've been higher

btw i think yao misses Deke as well, you know how rough Deke plays on anyone what with his elbows and all.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao played better, still not up to par for an in shape Yao from last year, but his blocked shots were encouraging.

DD

14. The Brian

The Brian Member

yao is getting back to form.

he was just in a slump.

i expect a strong game against the lakers.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Yao is exhibiting all the symptoms of somebody thats playing hurt.

Not rebounding, not boxing out, missing dunks, has nothing to do with adjusting to RAs system.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am hoping it is not that he is hurt, but rather that he is still getting back into shape after offseason surgery.

DD

17. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

Yao is getting his shooting touch back he just need to work on his rebounding now

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Come on, Yao just got married, and he is still in his honeymoon. He'll be all right once he get over of the excitement.

19. ibm

ibm Member

i think yao go married in 07, not this past summer.

it is a puzzle to me why all of the sudden he's in such a slump. physical conditions? his head? or both?

20. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

He got married in Shanghai this summer in Shanghai Shangrila.