1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White on ESPN Outside the Lines, January 22nd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Jan 16, 2013.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol pretty sure Rockets PR arent preparing him for this

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bingo! Game - set - match.

3. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Seriously what's wrong with you?

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course he wouldn't. Getting waived means he gets his money without having to work for it. Being waived is just free money.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Should be called ESPN Out of Line

6. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Surely this man has not done so much as to have the responses I see on this forum. I'm just being honest. The hate is a bit overboard. The issue is between the player and the organization. We really do not know all the facts or really any facts.

All we know is that it is not working out between the two.

7. nadman89

nadman89 Member

i just hate royce white cuz i know he would be making such a big diff on our team such a good facilitator and has a decent post game i would love to see him in a rockets jersey although hes being a crybaby

8. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Some of the hate is disgusting.

The kid has mental issues.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Posted this in the Manti Teo thread...

He ACTUALLY said #BeWell ENERGY!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 person likes this.
  10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

now that i watched the video, how could the rockets have not sniffed this out in the evaluation process? we really spent a first round pick on him? this may have been a waste of a pick.

11. split41

split41 Member

I really hope this is a two way, objective story, but by the looks of it, it just looks like some vehicle for Royce to clean-up his image.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think that's just what he wants. His M.O. so far is to leave for another place, a fresh start when things don't go right. He did the same in H.S. and college.

Dude has problems so can't hold it against him. I just hope the Rockets get compensated by the league as mentioned in an earlier article.

13. ERC

ERC Member

I think he wants to play, in the NBA, not D-league. In a way I get it - seemed like a waste of time to sit in an RV for hours only to sit on the bench some more. But playing time is EARNED, mental illness or not. Besides, so many of current Rockets spent time in the D-league before (Lin, Morris, Patterson, Beverly, TJones, DMo), it's not like it's a demotion or something.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm glad he overreaches and says that the Rockets assigned him to the D-league because of his anxiety disorder. Everyone knows that the Rockets are pioneers of the D-league, and we've sent higher draft picks than Royce White there.

But I do hate the way he comes off as reasonable. He's been completely unreasonable throughout this process. I wanna like the him, but I can't stand the him. It's kind of like relatives.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IDK if I can like a guy who is a narcissist, attention w**** and a flat out fraud if you subtract his fears.
    As he said this is not about flying anymore.

16. jocar

jocar Member

17. Raven

Raven Member

Are the Rockets still fining him? Really, that's all that matters, that he's no longer being financially rewarded for his antics.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think he also fails to understand that his beef is with the league and the player's union. From what I understand the request he's made so far clearly violate the CBA. A player and his agent can't just change around their contract at a whim, they have to meet the guidelines set by the league, especially rookie contracts. Does he think the organization is just being mean?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I believe now that he is suspended, he will only get a fraction of his salary for the time that he is missing, but I dont think they have to make that public.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's no way he's not still making money. From his pictures, he seems to be pretty well off. Not sure what his baby momma does, but being new in town and young, i doubt she's the one making all the money.

Anyone hear if he's making any kind of appearances? I've yet to read anything about him actually speaking or meeting up with people to raise awareness for his cause. If all he is really doing is sitting at home and tweeting in between movie watching, then it makes it even harder to take him seriously.