1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Royce White on ESPN Outside the Lines, January 22nd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Sad. This interview pretty much burns any bridges Royce and the Rockets still had (if any).

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That'll be entertaining

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

if only this dude showed up to games like he does interviews

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Beginning to think he has a much bigger problem than just anxiety. Something very strange. I get the vibe that he just wants to go on a crusade against something, anything and he either gets off on doing that or can't help himself from doing it. Just has to create drama about something.

Until he gets more specific about what exactly they are doing wrong, I don't know what else to assume. I don't want him to ever see the court at this point -- imagine how he'll act if he's not happy with his minutes or gets benched. It'll be TWill x 100.

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Why do I keep reading about this guy? Is it too late to make a new resolution: Avoid any & all threads having to do with Royce White for 2013.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

In his world, he should not be benched, because that would be the money-hungry evil NBA making a decision about his health, and that would make the workplace unsafe for him. Such medical decisions should only be made by his doctor.

#bewell friend

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty much wrote off that guy after he refused to go to the Dleague for the first time. There is a line between not wanting to play and going public with your wishes and tantrums.

8. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Royce is an attention w**** who found a way to get attention.

I don't think he has the intention of playing, at least not for us. So be it.

it was a risk and it blew up. move on.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

All I saw in that clip was more dodging of the bottom line question: What will it take from the Rockets to get Royce White with the team?

Enough of the generalities and start educating us. What will it take? What is the thing or things that are so absurd that the Rockets won't comply?

Put the Rockets under pressure. State what they won't do or what they're doing wrong. What are the details? They're uneducated? Ok, what happened to lead you to that conclusion?

For a man who wants to educate the public, Royce White has raised more questions about the situation at hand and NOT the issue of working with anxiety.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

attention

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Royce has been ESPN's biatch from the beginning.
    Nearly every news related to him was reported by ESPN first.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Anything White says in that interview can and will be used in a court of law.

13. Trackball

Trackball Member

He was smiling through almost that whole thing!

That made me even madder at him!

He's not taking this seriously at all.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's because he thinks he will get money without work. He tweeted at the beginning something like "Don't worry we will get that money back! #ADA" - something like that.

It's a scam.

He's a criminal who was already convicted of stealing a laptop. Clearly, he doesn't have a proper moral compass.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

If he says anything bad about the Rockets, I hope the Rockets sue him for everything. Squeeze him so dry that his family for the next 3 generations will feel the effects.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Loved his stumble when the reporter pointed out his refusal to go to the DL. The logical conclusion is that these days every Rockets rook (apart from Parsons) gets DL time.

White is trying to steal money. No safety concerns until the contract was signed.

17. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Will we see Royce tweeting during the interview?

18. munco

munco Member

It's interesting the talk about business when the Rockets have the rep as an org that looks at its players as assets. I believe most teams also view the guys as assets although I have the feeling our rep is far worse than any other teams right now for this.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He sounds like an idiot

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Royce says he won't take it personal if he's waived.

But the only conclusion I've drawn from his ambiguous complaints is that his main problem is being offended/slighted/disrespected. He offers no other details on things the Rockets did or did not do. Nothing about actual actions. Just 'they need to admit they don't understand.' Or 'they think I'm high maintenance.'