1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White could land in Europe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Jan 3, 2013.

1. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

[​IMG]

PLEASE let this happen. Time to move on from this saga.

2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Wait, Royce White is actually get paid? Why?

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Donkeys are too shaky for his balls which might cause anxiety issue so no.

Royce is stuck in Houston forever.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'm not even a little bit upset, please leave.
    Come back when your ready or don't come back at all, #bewell.

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

the Rockets take a chance on you in the draft, you b**** out showing up to games and practice and they STILL pay you, and this is how you repay them?

This dude can **** off, I hope he never plays a game in a Rockets uni

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

How would he get to Europe?

By boat?? lol

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. jocar

jocar Member

Wow, you could be right!

Now to test this theory..... sedate him, put him aboard a plane, and toss him out.

Then go to his house and read his diary.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Macbeth?

10. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

That's pathetic. Play in Europe because he refuses to try to conquer his fear of flying? Weak sauce.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

HAHA :grin:

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

The bottom line for me is I do not believe Royce's claims that he is refusing his D-League assignment due to his mental illness and lack of accommodation thereof. The D-League assignment must be, if anything, less pressure than playing NCAA ball, and a similar amount of air travel.

So that makes me think the problem is ego, greed, or both. Neither of which have anything to do with his anxiety disorder. That's just good old-fashioned being a little b**** about things.

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Agree with this. Royce said he came back to basketball at college because at high school, he was playing at LeBron levels, and wanted to show he could play on par with the superstars at NBA levels.

In his mind, he probably believes (like Morey does) that he is a top 5 talent in this draft, and hence shouldn't be going to DLeague. Would be bad for ego.

I doubt any of this has anything to do with current anxiety or fear of flying. He just doesn't want to go to DLeague. Period.

14. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

WTF? He doesn't want to play in McAllen but he wants to get on a plus hour flight and go play in a country where mental health isn't taken seriously? What kinda crap is he selling. Sounds like a bluff to get released to me. Imagine him pulling this noise in Latvia, how long do you think he'll be on the team? He has now begun to create an even worse stigma for anxiety. I've been defending him since he got here but now I say let him go, we can bring him back in five years after he wins the Iraqi Basketball League Championship, we have too many pfs anyway...

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Royce will make an epic trek through Canada, Alaska, across the Bering Straight, into Russia, and finally Europe

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

At this point, I could care less. The fact that he's dictating this is great for the Rockets. Either he goes over there and succeed, in which case the Rockets either have a trade chip or bring him back as a much improved player. Or he goes there, flame out, either disappear off the face of the earth or come back groveling at Morey's feet.

I am okay with all of the above results.

17. Dei

Dei Member

I honestly can't wait for this to happen. Let me see him try his bull**** in Europe. It's not gonna fly.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol.... first things first..... He has to get to Europe.... :grin:

19. split41

split41 Member

I've defended Royce a bit, but, wow, is he a b****. He'd rather play in Europe than the D-league, how arrogant. He's burnt so many bridges with the rox that I think that even if he does well overseas, he's done in the NBA.

Totally! I used to feel sorry for him and was on his side, but this guy keeps using his problems to cover-up the fact that he's a wanker, and for that I say good riddance.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'm NOT planning on pursuing European B-ball, I will play for the @<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a> when this current situation is resolved. Hopefully <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%232K13">#2K13</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/286836326869897216" data-datetime="2013-01-03T14:08:04+00:00">January 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>